Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
Calling All Racers!!! NewTrack Willmar MN Area!!! >

Calling All Racers!!! NewTrack Willmar MN Area!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calling All Racers!!! NewTrack Willmar MN Area!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Calling All Racers!!! NewTrack Willmar MN Area!!!

Calling All Racers!!! Calling All Racers!!!

Well a group of us guys are going to be building a new off-road track in the west central Minnesota area. We are looking to build it about 20 minutes southwest of Willmar just off of highway 7. We love and enjoy the tracks available to us be we don't want to keep making the long drives for races with the price of fuel. Also with this we are wanting to possibly have weekly races if we have a good turnout of people.

What we are looking at is an area of about 400' x 200'. Understanding we don't have to use the whole area for a track because we would like as many different classes to be able to run on it as possible. There is water and electricity on site. It is going to be a clay surface to race on.

We are looking for excited volunteers to help us with some of the prep work of building the track. Instead of this just being my track we want it to be everybody's to enjoy and have fun on. I will be funding most of the expense of the track out of my pocket for the track. So unfortunately there is going to be a small charge for racing. But just remember practice and fun is always free. That and it is always great to meet new people that enjoy racing just as much as we do.

Our intentions are if it ever dries up enough to get a loader on the ground is to start building the track after the first of May.

Like I said we are hoping to have weekly races, but we do not want to interfere with the Minnesota off-road nitro series. We would like to set up a time that everybody can get together and discuss what days would work track layout and times. Remember we want as many people's ideas as we can get to make everybody happy so we can keep a track in our area.

The greatest thing about this is it is right in our area and we don't have to drive two plus hours for weekly races.

If anybody would like to get in contact with me you can shoot me an E-mail or a quick call works better.

Thanks and hope for a lot of responses and help.
Kyle Colman
colmantrucking@gmaildotcom
(320) 305-2391
Old 04-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I live in Alexandria but willmar would still be the closest track for me. I know of at least 4 others from Alexandria that would come down and race as well. A nice clay track within an hour would be awesome. Im sure other people will get much more excited one the track is up and built. I would be more than willing to lend a hand getting the track up and going. Cant wait!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

We would be greatful for all of the advice and help we can get. If this stupid rain would ever quit long enough to get some clay on the ground would be great. I got the itch to go racing something fierce.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:43 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

How far are we talking from Litchfield? I typically race in Foley with Sean VanDalen and the guys but I can't make it out there very easily in the summer (baseball, yard work, fishing, camping, etc.). Sean has an awesome facility but I could use something a bit closer. Also, when were you thinking of racing (assuming we don't need to be building an ark instead). Just weekend racing or were you considering weeknights or even practices times during the week?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Update

Update: Rain, Rain, and more Rain.
Things would go alot better if it would ever stop raining.
Well it is starting to come together had a few minor set backs with some very dirty clay. I will post some pictures in a couple of days.
Track is located 20 mins south of willmar so how ever far u are from there.
Races would be held prob. sunday afternoons pending attendance.
Kyle
Old 05-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

What town you by other then willmar?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Track is located 2 miles west of Prinsburg on county road 7.
kyle
Old 05-14-2011, 07:04 PM

Mapquest says 57 minutes for me but I'm pretty sure I can trim quite a bit of time off that. I'll watch this link like a hawk and try to get over there when I have a chance. I'll also let a few of the other racers I'm familiar with know about the track and this thread.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by wideopenracing
Well it is starting to come together had a few minor set backs with some very dirty clay.
Interesting. We are pretty sandy around here. I've been thinking about putting a decent size practice track in my backyard for weeknight practice but I haven't found a great source for clay in this county. Heard you folks have some over the Willmar way. Where did you find your clay (the clean stuff...not the dirty stuff)?