R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/minnesota-north-south-dakota-racing-30/)
-   -   Minnesota State On Road Championship / World of wheels 2011 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/minnesota-north-south-dakota-racing/478198-minnesota-state-road-championship-world-wheels-2011-a.html)

Bob-Stormer 02-09-2011 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by ABspeed (Post 8625326)
PS. Bob, my greatest story is from way back in the day at an off-road race where you tied old Futaba radios to the cars with a string and had to drag them around the track. That was an absolute riot!!

The anything goes "drag race". Nobody knew what it was. Class rules were any motor, any battery, any chassis, 4 minutes. That was it.

Then, when we were all lined up, I came out with a box of stuff and showed people what they had to "drag". You had two minutes to figure out how to attach a stick transmitter to your car with a coat hanger, and drag it around the track like a trailer.

Got pretty ingenious by the time the mains rolled around.

Good times. :D

WIITA 02-21-2011 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was thinking about this for the state champs this year. Once laid out with the 100'x48' carpet minimum width lanes will be approx 8'. after approval from the farm boss(Gary) of course :cool:

gubbs3 02-21-2011 04:03 PM

I like it. Inspiration from Snowbirds?

WIITA 02-21-2011 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by gubbs3 (Post 8688458)
I like it. Inspiration from Snowbirds?

couple tiny changes in the first half and a new second half. Oh, and this will be run clockwise and not counter. Glad your going to make it!!

Bob-Stormer 02-22-2011 01:58 PM

Alrighty....

Looks like this race is the same weekend as the Nats at Timezone. Which we are going to blow-off to come hang with you guys. :D

Car show events and big public races are very important to us, so you guys get the nod.:nod: It's a great idea and needs support.

PLUS, you guys have mini-cooper, which is the worlds funnest rock stock class on the planet. Shine up your VTA cars, those crowds love our VTA cars.

See you folks the end of march. If you let me race in Novice, I could technically enter 10 classes. Never done more than 7 before.

onroad dude 02-22-2011 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer (Post 8693775)
Alrighty....

Looks like this race is the same weekend as the Nats at Timezone. Which we are going to blow-off to come hang with you guys. :D

Car show events and big public races are very important to us, so you guys get the nod.:nod: It's a great idea and needs support.

PLUS, you guys have mini-cooper, which is the worlds funnest rock stock class on the planet. Shine up your VTA cars, those crowds love our VTA cars.

See you folks the end of march. If you let me race in Novice, I could technically enter 10 classes. Never done more than 7 before.

Bob have your foam sedan ready! I need to even up the score this year... you got me at PKC ill give you more of a run this time :D

bjs227 02-22-2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by WIITA (Post 8687935)
Was thinking about this for the state champs this year. Once laid out with the 100'x48' carpet minimum width lanes will be approx 8'. after approval from the farm boss(Gary) of course :cool:

Looks good!

Bob-Stormer 02-22-2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by onroad dude (Post 8694544)
Bob have your foam sedan ready! I need to even up the score this year... you got me at PKC ill give you more of a run this time :D

Sounds good. I'm old though. You wouldn't beat an old guy would ya? I wear glasses, have a wooden hip.... My suits at the cleaners... I didn't have money for cab fare....

WIITA 02-23-2011 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer (Post 8695929)
Sounds good. I'm old though. You wouldn't beat an old guy would ya? I wear glasses, have a wooden hip.... My suits at the cleaners... I didn't have money for cab fare....

No money for cab fare, lol. You gave away your money sitiuation when you said you were going to run 7-10 classes and opting to run a race that's only a 800 mile drive. :lol: glad to see your coming!

wildman 02-23-2011 06:29 AM

Do we need to bring pit tables & chairs?
Bob who is all making the trip with you?
Mod 1/12 is going to be crazy fast!
BB

WIITA 02-23-2011 09:40 AM

No need to bring anything except a pit towel and a power strip.

Bob-Stormer 02-23-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by wildman (Post 8697624)
Do we need to bring pit tables & chairs?
Bob who is all making the trip with you?
Mod 1/12 is going to be crazy fast!
BB

Should be 3 of us from here. CRIKEY... only 30 days off...

Don't worry about mod 1/12th being to fast... I'll be in it with the wrong speedo settings at 375 degrees... keeping things nice and drivable... :lol:

"dude, are you in Blinky mode?" No man, that's the motor glowing in the dark.

Is there a setting on that hotwire to make brownies? I think that's the setting I keep using.

G the Menace 02-25-2011 06:37 AM

Just wanted all the Mini Cooper racers to know that for the World of Wheels race the Mini class will be kit tires only.

Bob-Stormer 02-25-2011 08:24 PM

Bottom line, at a car show race... I'm all about the crowd. LISTEN to the crowd reactions. People LOVIN IT!

As the last race of the day, announce it all weekend long... I would TOTALLY do this. Crowd would go NUTS!!!!

have to pick a class, maybe mini-cooper, or rubber tire car so the impacts are 'slightly' less abusive. My gut says this is one of those kinds of races you talk about for a LONG time.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

mikesbrother 02-26-2011 01:56 PM

That was fun to watch. Thanks