Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
From Sioux Falls. Getting into RC. info needed... >

From Sioux Falls. Getting into RC. info needed...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

From Sioux Falls. Getting into RC. info needed...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default From Sioux Falls. Getting into RC. info needed...

Hello, I am from Sioux Falls and want to get into RC Racing. My brother races in WA with 1/10 scale electric pan cars as well as 1/10 scale electric touring. My interest is that, on carpet, road racing. To see what I've seen, google timezone racing rc. Outdoor road and indoor carpet road. They are having the indoor carpet nationals at timezone II in March, and I am looking for places within the Sioux Falls area to race. As I mentioned, I will probably start with 1/10 scale rubber touring road racing. Does anyone have any info on where and when I could race? I'm not afraid to travel..

Thank you!

Josh Holt
Old 12-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well I live in the Twin Cities, but I think I heard they are doing some indoor carpet oval somewhere in the Sioux Falls. There is a user here BSchorr (Ben Schorr) and he lives in Sioux Falls, so he would probably be the best one to inform you.

Now there is talks of a Indoor Track opening in Marshall, MN. The track is there, but the guy who owns it thus far has just used it for his own use. He is a very nice guy and has been known to let people come and run on it. He actually bought the carpet and barriers from the track in Florida where they run the Snowbirds Nationals.

Other than that, carpet options would either be Minot, Omaha, or up in the cites at MMR Raceway.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You have a RC club that races right in Sioux Falls. On road and oval on the rug in the winter and outside on the dirt in the summer. Check them out at
http://metis.spexhost.com/~bschorr/RCXRacing/Home.html

Their sight includes a link to their forums!!!

Last edited by KnR-Racing; 12-30-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: added info
Old 12-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Rcxracing Message Board

It would not let me post the direct link to the message board that is used alot for the Sioux Falls club. But this is what it looks like.

rcxracing.proboards.com/index.cgi

Hope this helps,
Chad
Old 01-11-2011, 02:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I am here.... to save the day!!!!! I keep forgetting to check this part of the forums.

Sioux Falls has a club called RC Xtreme Racing.

http://www.rcxracing.proboards.com is the forum. (Must register first to see the forum)

We race indoor oval and road course carpet Saturday's inside the Legends Baseball Training Facility on Cliff Ave. between E. 10th St. and Rice St. on the east side of town.

Current classes consist of...

~Road Course~
1. 17.5 Stock Rubber Sedan
2. 17.5 Stock Truck or RTR Trucks

~Oval~
1. 17.5 EDM
2. 10.5 EDM
3. 17.5 10th Scale Sprints
4. Box Stock 18th Scale Mini Latemodels
5. Box Stock 18th Scale Mini Sprinters
4. Novice Oval (Ends up being any cars that the kids have to run the oval...)

That sums it up in a nutshell for classes. Register on the forums and ALOT of the info can be found there from our previous discussions. Schedule can be found there also.

(Forget about that link that.. KNR posted.. I lost certain files to keep updating that site I made.. Towards summer. Ill rebuild the site when time and beer allows..

We race offroad dirt and dirt oval in the Summer time in Hartford, SD at the I-90 Hartford Speed way also...
Old 01-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Initiate

I really appreciate the info! I have just about everything to go racing, waiting for a few things in the mail then I will be hitting the tracks. Thanks again everyone!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Josh, its Adam from HobbyTown in SF. Just wanted to say hi and tell you that we also have a Sioux Falls Racers forum and a 1/14th Recoil forum too. Glad to see your new body turned out well, and we'll see you at the track on Friday.