Minnesota touring car thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Minnesota touring car thread

Big argument- What tires to run
Small argument- What motor to run

My opinion is we should run pre mounted spec jaco rubber. Rubber class is a whole different game than it was 10 years ago. You would only have 2 choices instead of thousands.
Also companies have started discontinuing foam tires. Parma started it and I bet Jaco will follow.
The handling isnt terrible anymore. I took 3 different touring cars for laps at the WoW race. 2 were rubber and 1 was foam. The rubber cars were very close to the foam cars. It was only a little more edgy. All it takes is a different setup.
No more chunked tires!
Cleaner

My opinion on motor is we run 13.5 or faster. I was half way thinking a limited mod making an 8.5 bl the max motor. I dont think the class is ready for anything faster than a 13.5 yet though. IMO 17.5 is slow.
This thread is for discussing the issues and not ripping on anyone!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Sedan

13.5 with full turbo and timing with 7.4v is a absolute rocket! On rubber tires the 13.5 cars were almost as fast as the mod. 5.5 cars because the rubber tires can only go so fast in the infield sections. Anything more then 13.5 and I am out because I have better things to spend my money on then spare parts.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

I hear you on the parts
Old 07-31-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Cool onroad tracks

Are there any onroad tracks near marshall MN? I run nitro and 17.5 10th's
Old 07-31-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyosho_ken
Are there any onroad tracks near marshall MN? I run nitro and 17.5 10th's
http://www.genesisrcp.com/
Old 07-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think this discussion is a little late. Most people around here and parts in the greater area all are gonna run foam regardless. (Except for those few who always seem to think "outside the box"). If Jaco is not too far behind in stopping production on their touring car foam tires, then I think they could probably be selling for way cheap. Stormer's already got 'em for 10 bucks a pair. I say let's keep it 13.5 foam. My Goodness, I just downloaded the new Tekin software and it's pretty WICKED FAST. 13.5 Foam----Good to Go
Old 07-31-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There are so many Foams around in warehouses and shops we will be fine for a year if Jaco were to stop making them. The latest I heard Grp was getting back into them (Parmas old maker). Too bad Gandini doesn't speak english or I would ask him, but wait he does have one of the hottest translators in the world.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Foam 13.5 is where you will find me this season.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Tc4? That cars odometer has done rolled over. Haha. Jk. it will be good to see you on the track again
Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

PRCP will be bringing back foam touring car this year because its just to much fun. Hope to see VTA go bye bye (that's just me talking) We will be running 17.5. PRCP's carpet season will start in October
CVETTE
Old 08-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Yeah maybe so, but it still works really well. I'll be running all new gear this year from Novak speedo and Futaba radio (4pk). Looking forward to mostly ignoring the computer/programming racing with these new ESCs.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I doubt Jaco will discontinue foam tires as the other side of the business deals with custom industrial foam applications. They are setup with the equipment to cut foam tires from their other projects so they don't have much extra overhead to keep the foam tire production going.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Not many companies making foam kits anymore. I hear AE is only making the TC6 in rubber too. But that’s just rumor from a reliable source . HPI just came out with a rubber car and another company but no foam versions. Foam kits will die as well because the class on a national level is for the most part nonexistent. Why sell something that no one or very very few will ever buy no profit there so why make it, its business decision more than anything. When the cars are gone why make tires so it’s not a jaco decision. They make support products when the products change their production changes regardless of overhead. Its inevitable foam will completely die very soon.

Well my vote is for rubber tire with 17.5 and/or mod classes. Foam was fun and good for sedan racers just starting but that class is completely dead. But I think the decisions have been made with all the local clubs.
No hard feeling boys I love foam but rubber is where its at right now. It could and might change back to foam but not for awhile.

Anyone wants to go to the IIC with me, last year boys, I have hotel room with space still although Mike Boylan might join me/us for a couple nights but there will be room still. They only race rubber tire sedan classes out there. No foamies boys, Paulie killed that class years ago.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Some of you may have already heard my opinion on the matter and I'll say it right now for those of you who need to here it and just take a moment and think about it. So alot of us run 1/12th and saden, if you take away a class that helps lay down the groove, and we need that up north on the LSRCC's carpet, 1/12th scale is going to suffer big time. No more Mod 1/12th scale if the traction isn't going to be there. Or we are going to have to start spraying the track with something to get grip, what that is I don't know, but I know rubber sadens do not lay enough traction compond to help get the groove up so we can be happy with our 1/12th scale traction.
As for the rubber is where it's "at", yeah at nationals and large outdoor tar tracks where they spray the track with pop and they have all the grip they want in hour after it's dry. We don't have the luxery of 300 entries and 2 days of practice and 3 days of racing to have the stickiest track everytime we race.
Let's keep racing the way it is until we've used every foam tire on the planet, so what if we are the last ones, somebody has to use them up.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am all for foam. don`t care if 17.5 or 13.5. will run either, although 17.5 is plenty fast with the new speed controls and may draw in some new people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.