Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbytown Racing Starts May 12th

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Hobbytown Racing Starts May 12th

Well, another exciting season of Nitro on-road is upon us. Andrew has put together the schedule:

http://www.molzermoweryracing.com

I thought I would start a new thread to discuss who's racin at Hobbytown, what car they plan on using, and generally try to raise more interest in the racing on Wednesday night.

This much I know now:

Greg Amendola - NTC3, OS 12TR, setup forthcoming
Jari Tasklia - Serpent 710, Mugen MT12, setup unknown
Jason Cheng - FT NTC3, Mugen MT12 SS5, setup<you don't want to know or use...lol

Please post your info when/if you can. I know setups might not be available till end of May after we've had a little time to test them on the track.

I know we each plan on racing in the foam tire class and are intersted in other racing venues as well and/or traveling this summer.

Hope to see everyone at the season opener at Hobbytown!
Greg
Old 04-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

serpent 710,
MS turbo, Mowery modded.
40 shore all the way around
3.5 deg rear toe
4mm ride ht
red rear springs yellow front.
30 wt oil
Old 04-23-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

See you all on the 12th
Old 05-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Company Representative

Fredrik Molzer:

Serpent 710, Novamax Mowery mod, yellow front springs, red in back, 30 W oil, 4 clicks open front and back, 40 shore Ellegis front and rear 59 mm diameter, 30% BK fuel, 3pk radio, KO digital servos, Protoform body, 1433, Starbucks latte Grande, 1 gallon VHT.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Default Race #1

Well, unfortunately we got rained out... But we were able to get one full round in and some practice. Dan was of course, nice enough to give us our entry back for use next week...Dan is a great guy!

Even with the predicted rain, we had 7-8 nitro rubber and 5 nitro foam. Funny enough, the nitro rubber guys in round 2 went faster on a wet track (yes, aqua-treads were required), than in round one. There were a few typical first race adjustments being made, and a few frustrating flame-outs too as people scrambled to get to the line to begin the race. Delays were something we could not afford, but were prevalent as Dan tried to be fair to everyone...

The track was a weaving straight that continued up the right side of the track and in front of the drivers stand. It then turned into the infield into a tight left-hander just as you crossed the line. It then shot up into the far left corner with a long bend into a tight right-hander, then into a tight left and then a tight right back onto the straight. It you kept the last corner close, you could drive straight down the back stretch...

Touring rubber was around a 17/4:07, and foam around 20/5:11 with fastest laps at 13.8 for rubber and 11.9 for foam.

It was nice to see some new faces there as well, some new racers whom should play a factor in the racing this season.

Most prevalent car, NTC3 right now, I know there are some 710 owners out there though and an MTX3 or two lingering about.

Moment of the week, had to be the touring car rubber in the heavy rain, true racers no doubt risking their equipment for a few hot-laps. No spectacular crashes, just lots of donuts

Good luck to everyone this upcoming week, hopefully the weather will play nice so we can get in a complete program this week!

Greg

Last edited by Greg Amendola; 05-23-2004 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

how is the car working greg?????
Old 05-24-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Default NTC3

After some tweaking, it's working quite well...thanks!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

great same here...
Old 05-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Default Racing summary and results for 5/26

Well, Mother Nature tried her best to spoil our fun again! Luckliy the rain ended at about 6pm and we were able to race. This week, I brought the blower with the clear up the surface dust and rock pebbles that get into the gears. I don't think I saw or heard one car with rocks in their gears.

The course was alot of fun and very fast The straight was long with both ends pulled inward to allow for higher speeds at both the entrance and exit.

The track was as follows: Long back stretch which turned right up the right side of the track. It then turned into the infield in front of the driver's stand where it headed back towards to far right corner. You then took a sharp left into the infield chicane and a left at the end of the chicane, which sent to to the far left corner close to the driver's stand. You then took a right into a mild chicane and re-entered the straight.

Lap times were as such:

Electric Sedan:
9.8 Fastest Lap
24/5:06 Fastest Qualifier

Nitro Rubber:
10.6 Fastest Lap
22/5:09 Fastest Qualifier

Nitro Foam:
9.7 Fastest Lap
24/5:08 Fastest Qualifier

Winners for week two:

Ryan Van Horn - Electric Sedan
Ken ? - Nitro rubber
Greg Amendola - Nitro Foam

Racing observations:
The racing program was much smoother this week as people I think are getting better at being ready fro their heat. The racing in Electric Sedan was about 5-6 entries, Nitro Rubber 7-8 entries, Nitro Foam, 5 entries. It's still early in the season and the weather has been a factor as many regulars have not yet raced. The points series is best 7 of 13 so there is plenty of time to catch up some races when summer weather arrives.

The new barriers are something to avoid too. No only did I do some somersaults, there were alot of cars jumping the curb so to speak. Most noticeably though, was the grove put down last night, quite amazing. I must say I am surprised and the lack of tire wear and the amount of traction the track offers. Much better than I thought orginally.

Well, that's about it, hope to snap a few photos next week for you guys to see. Hopefully we'll see a few of you there in person!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Company Representative

Molzer Mower racing purchased the road rails last season. They do tend to break a lot less cars, even with the acrobatic treats we get sometimes.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Default Barriers

They work great for quick setup and take-down. Now only if there were some sticky lead lining we could add to the bottom to give them just a hair more weight

They are a huge improvement over the wood boards. I just wish someone would come out with ones a litter lower and wider for less jumping. Yellow edges with a green top would be really great looking on a nice black asphault surface.

I sure wish we had a perm track like those in Europe...

Greg
Old 05-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Rookie

What time do you guys usually start/end?? Also what type of tires and motors are electric sedans running, and how many qualifiers? Thanks

Steve Branshaw
Old 05-30-2004, 06:47 AM
Company Representative

we have two perm tracks like the ones in Europe.
The shoe in Ramsey and Hideaway in Isanti.
Alternating tracks every friday for the whole summer.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

S branshaw - They start building the track early weds afternoon. Racing usualy starts a little after 5:00.

Electric sedan is a open class, not sure what tires they are running. The track has bunches of traction and is very abrasive so most tires will work.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Default Pics of track and cars

Here are some pics from Wednesday's race!
Attached Thumbnails Hobbytown Racing Starts May 12th-110_1015.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.