Wiki Posts
Search

PRCP OFFROAD DATES 2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tqcookie
Black and white, I love it. One clarification from your rules post. Which of these two rules are you enforcing?

You May change Radio/Receiver and Servo

All RTR Electronics (Speed Control,Motor, and Servo) no exceptions.
The First one, you may change Radio/Reciever, and Servo. I changed this in the rules thanks Cookie

Originally Posted by Swen
So nothing can change on the chassis? Springs, RPM arms, etc...
No aftermarket parts in Box Stock RTR Only

Thanks Tyler
Old 04-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In Short Course Open Modified, you state "Any Body" is legal. Do you mean it just that simply or do you mean any SC designed body that looks like a short course and extends past and covers the tires?

We are watching this being we are setting up our rules at KRC Raceway and are also a North Dakota site that will likely support some of the same racers at times. So far, your SC rules look good to me except for the definite advantage 7-cell will have over 6-cell. This will force racers to believe they need to buy 7-cell packs that don't have them, but that is your choice to allow either be used. We are going to have 3 Short Course classes at KRC. Two will be like yours and the third will be a strict cost-controlled RTR Slash that allows metal shock caps, gear ration and radio changes only. 7-Cell and LiPo or other special packs will not be allowed in RTR Slash, even though the new kits come with a 7-cell 3000 MAH pack. We will remove that 7th cell from the included pack for those new to the hobby that want to run RTR Slash at their request.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

For the Open Modified the body can be any manufactures short course body. I will add this to the rules.

The 7 cell battery is going to be legal because who wants to buy a RTR truck and have to dissemble the stick pack to make it legal plus you know how difficult it will be, unless you make it a side by side pack. Usually the cells in a stick pack are not wrapped so you will need the do so.

All this work for a newbie is going to discourage them. With the low internal resistance of 7.4 volt Lipo's these days compared to the 8.4 volts of a 7 round cell pack it will be very comparable.

Thanks Tyler
Old 04-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Perfect

Thank you for finallizing the rules. Plain n simple. Count in 3 for the box stock class! See you all May 22. and maybe some of you on the 1st at the Motodome!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CorallyBQuiK
The 7 cell battery is going to be legal because who wants to buy a RTR truck and have to dissemble the stick pack to make it legal plus you know how difficult it will be, unless you make it a side by side pack. Usually the cells in a stick pack are not wrapped so you will need the do so.

All this work for a newbie is going to discourage them. With the low internal resistance of 7.4 volt Lipo's these days compared to the 8.4 volts of a 7 round cell pack it will be very comparable.

Thanks Tyler
Basically, we just want to have a more strict cost controlled class, so our RTR Slash will just be additional to the other two, that is all. In our RTR Slash, running a LiPo will not be legal nor will running anything other than a RTR Slash with a 6-Cell 4000 MAH max. Changing a stick 7-cell to a 6-cell is easy; you just replace that 7th cell with a battery bar, and I will do that for them if it is a problem or sell them a sport 6-cell. In any case, if drivers want to run 7-cell, they can run in one of the other SC classes. We will comply to the same rules as you do in those.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

I have been asked if a kit sc truck with rtr electronics will be allowed in the box stock class, it has been determined it will not be legal due to the fact that this class is for people to get into our great hobby cheap and race with other equal trucks, and HAVE FUN because thats what it is all about.

The Updated SC Rules

Official Short Course Rules For North Dakota

I have talked to 6 different people between Minot Mandan Fargo and Pingree and it has come down to everybody agreeing to these rules for the Box Stock SC Class. These will be the rules for Pingree, Mandan, Surrey and the Triple Crown Series. These rules have no effect on Surrey's club racing.

First of the Easy one

Short Course Open Modified

Any Short Course Truck
Any Body Designed for (Short Course)
Any Battery (7.4 Lipo 7 Cell NIMH)
Any Short Course Tire ( No 1/8 Scale Conversions)
Pretty-much Any thing goes

This one is tougher

Box Stock Short Course Truck

Any RTR Short Course Truck (No Kit Trucks)
Any 2 Cell Lipo or 6 or 7 Cell NIMH (No Mah Limit)
Any RTR Short Course Tire (not limited to your specific truck)
You May change Radio/Receiver and Servo
You may use any RTR part from any manufactures RTR Kit on any other Manufactures Short Course Truck. Example if the Traxxas Motor is faster than HPI's you are allowed to interchange them.

All RTR Electronics (Speed Control,Motor) no exceptions. This one created some problems I can see both sides, so here they are

Pro- We can use all of our old speed controls and not have to buy a crappy one

Con-It is a Box Stock Class and if you let them change speed control then it will snowball into changing out other Electronics.

We felt the Cons outweighed the Pros that's why we went with All RTR Speed Control, Motor, if you change you speed control you must run Open Modified

As many of you know this has been a huge topic on the forums and this is what the three clubs decided to do for this year.

We need to have a meeting at WWNH after the race on May 15 2010 to discuss details for the Triple Crown Series.

Thanks Tyler
Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Keith, are you going to run gas truck? im trying to decide if i should keep mine or not. Id like to run the class but if nobody else is going to i might pick something else up like a 2wd buggy
Old 04-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any chance you will be having races any other dates in Pingree? I would like to come race with you guys but the first two of the three races series are on the same dates as MN Nitro series. A regular club race would be fun...
Brian
Old 04-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wildman
Any chance you will be having races any other dates in Pingree? I would like to come race with you guys but the first two of the three races series are on the same dates as MN Nitro series. A regular club race would be fun...
Brian
Brian here are the other scheduled dates for Pingree;

MAY 22
JUNE 12
JULY 24
AUGUST 21
SEPEMBER 11
Old 04-27-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

June 12th and Sept 11th look to be the only dates that are not the same as the MN Nitro Series. I hope to make the June 12th race. Rd 2 of the MN Nitro series is the 22-23 of May, then off to the J Concept Nats in Omaha the 29-30, then off a week then Pingree and the next week is rd 3 of the MN Nitro Series in North Branch MN! Busy month with lots of miles on the new RV.
Thanks Torian......
BB
Old 04-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

are we doing anything tommarow night or not if not im going to my bank to work on the pit lane........
Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

I don't think so we need 10 more days in the field but you can come when ever you can
CVETTE
Old 04-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

......is suporting a rtr short course truck/MT/crt.5 this year
Old 04-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

My apologies for being late on posting on this topic. To late to change things, but here's my .02

The only thing I would have added or changed would have been to seriously take note of the market. I'd have looked at box stock as Traxxas Slash only. The rationale behind that is the consistency in the racing when everybody has the same vehicle. box stock guys (from our experience) don't like to feel they have the wrong car or equipment. Limiting those choices to one chassis eliminates all doubt.

Nobody shows up without asking what to get or buy. We drove to Butte last summer to race "rock stock" Slash's. I wouldn't do the same if the class was open to any chassis, then it's just another race class where one chassis will likely shine through.

Box stock could now entail, Associated SC10, HPI Blitz, Losi Strike, Traxxas Slash, Ultima SC, and the others that are in the works.... Now rather than having a legitimate shot, some people are not.

If Joe's Ultima SC beats Harry's Blitz, did we find out who's a better driver, or did we actually see who has the better truck? Everybody with the same vehicle, means everybody has the same shot. there's never a worry you bought the wrong thing.

"noob" People don't just show up to races. I'd venture to say that 95% of people bought something to race, based on the rules. None of us had 1s lipo 2 years ago. Rules were made, we adapted.

And the most important thing to remember is that it's easier to relax a strict rule than tighten up a sloppy or open rule. Relaxing a strict rule usually makes people happy. Tightening up a loose rule usually irritates and alienates people. Write hard rules, be very strict and targeted when people are happy to start something. Good rules encourage participation.

Rock stock Slash's.... I'd drive somewhere for that. I don't need pages of setup information, 2 weeks of surfing forums for help on "thee hot ticket", and I don't need to spend a month on the Truck. you show up, have a legitimate shot, not a lot of work and LOT'S of fun!!! I suppose if you really look at it, it's racing for people that are busy, but still want to get to the track without investing 200 hours setting something up if you know how, and making life easier if you don't.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 04-29-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

We made it home the KX is sweet
CVETTE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.