Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers) >

5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I wake up from a dream. I always think, wouldn't that be awesome. Well peeps, it is. Today I lived a dream like no other. I got to spend the day racing my machine. A machine that some will joke is the one they need to watch out for. Well friends they were not kidding. Loaded up with hope and pride I will roll that trusty ride into every corner as if it was her last. I look forward to the "C" main tomorrow and the excitment that will ensue. For I am an RC racer and there is not much that you can do for me now. Along time ago it was said, a line that fits Buttsy and I well and more than likely you too. "I spent all my money on racecars, women and booze. And I wasted the rest. Godspeed kids, godspeed.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)
Thumbs up AWESOME RACE!!

AWEEEESSSSOOOMMMEEEEEE Weekend guys. For my 1st carpet race ever, I had a blast.. Id had more fun if i would have wone somthing other than a door prize
But it was great!!
Speacial thanks to The Mini Racers Club and all thoes who made this possible!!!! Along with all the sponsors!!!! And of course the guys who helped me figure out what the heck I was doing!!
P.S. Let me know when you guys plan on setting up!!
Thanks again!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Great weekend of racing, thanks to everyone that came to our race. Good times, good memories and some fantastic racing. We are looking forward to next years race already.

Hope everyone makes it home safe and sound. Congrats to Randy for TQ in 13.5 too. Good job Eric for a second place win in the stock A main. Tyler kicked butt TQing in the stock class also. Thanks to the "Twisted Sisters" for showing up. Great group of guys to race with. Thanks Troy for bringing Jim along, he is a cool guy and I am glad we got to meet him.

Rob we will continue our battle this weekend. May the best driver win!!
And Troy Fisher, who won the B main. Great job Troy!
Janet

Last edited by speedchic; 12-13-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

yesssss indeed, it was an awsome 2 day event, some fast carpet car in the minot area this past weekend, thanx to all who made the journey,bob & evan(irv)for the prizes(turning in your door prize you won) can't wait till next year,to do it all again. and mr booth had a great time also, he got to meet the legandary (speedchic) aka janet.whom he had a great time chating with.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pictures

Here are a few pictures from this weekends race.

Enjoy.

Janet
Attached Thumbnails 5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03074.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03076.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03077.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03079.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03080.jpg  

Old 12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

More pictures
Attached Thumbnails 5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03081.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03082.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03091.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03099.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03101.jpg  

Old 12-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

And a few more.
Attached Thumbnails 5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03102.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03106.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03107.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03108.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03111.jpg  

Old 12-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Had to put Chad's "C" Main win picture on here also. He sure was proud of that win. Great job Chad.
Attached Thumbnails 5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03114.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03125.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03089.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03119.jpg   5th Annual Northstar Classic (Presented by The Northern Mini Racers)-dsc03078.jpg  

Last edited by speedchic; 12-14-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great Race Guys,
We Billings crew got home about 1:00 am. The snow started about Glendive and stayed all the way until Billings. I now know that a little bit of dry snow can make visibility bad.
Thank God We Got Home Safe.

We all had fun with a great group of people
God Bless
Bryan
Old 12-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Thumbs up

One more North star Classic in the books and I think maybe the warmest to date.We saw new hightec old hightec running together????. We run all weekend and all those make the hobby cheaper brushless ESC kept there smoke in side. The track was open and fast the only thing they forgot was the magnets that suck my car into the walls I like that or maybe it was that new GPS something only a farmer can have. The food was just like mom makes. Next weekend one more too day Saturday Minot Sunday Pingree will post more later.Have to go jump the Toyota *&# lights.
CVETTE
Old 12-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Well we made it home safe and sound last night at 9 pm. Had a close call with a deer but nothing happened to us but the suv we were meeting didn't fair so good. Thanks to everyone involved in setting up and running the race as I know the work involved in it. I had a great time and hope to see some of you guys up in Regina in Feb.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Fun racing for sure, but freakin' cold up there near the canadian border. Definitely worth the trip from Bismarck! I realize now that VTA must stand for Victim of Terry's Accidents. Sorry for all the bumping I need more practice.

I don't know what was funnier, Buttsy in that BQ hat or the twisted sisters
Old 12-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks to all who came I had a blast running vta and was glad to make some new friends along the way!! And a special thanks to those who set up the race. Food was also awesome.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Killerkevin
Well we made it home safe and sound last night at 9 pm. Had a close call with a deer but nothing happened to us but the suv we were meeting didn't fair so good. Thanks to everyone involved in setting up and running the race as I know the work involved in it. I had a great time and hope to see some of you guys up in Regina in Feb.
Yes that deer was too darn close, unfortunately I wrote my truck off about 5 miles from home, man am I sore, and have one wicked headache.

Great race, couldn't believe Jason M was there, and of course eveyone new and old that we had a chance to talk to, have a great Xmas.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

gotta thank everyone who attended plus thank all the club members who

helped setup and tear down,

also rumor has it that mags has ordered a trophy case to put his mug/mugs

in!

i think this weekend was the 1st race where we have had 3 females racing

janet and 2 ugly twisted sisters!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.