Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Carpet Racing >

MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Carpet Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree51Likes

MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Carpet Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Here are some images of the 12th cars we have been working with.

Couple of quick notes. single lipo can work ok in a t plate car, but we have not been able to get it to work perfect. You have a really hard time getting a truly equal corner wts.

Link and Hockey stick cars the easy option is to run lipo drops right in.

If you are going to run the Mod class we have found if you choose to run 3 cell nimmh in the mod car, run the third cell as balance, you will not lose any power and the balance is easy.

Booster for some speedcontrols. Both cars we show here run fine without a booster, but do lack some steering response as the servo does work better( faster) with more voltage, booster or rec pack will both solve that problem.
Attached Thumbnails MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Carpet Racing-stock3cell.jpg   MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Carpet Racing-singlecell.jpg  

Last edited by ammdrew; 08-09-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default MMR

A nice carpet facility back in the metro area,This is sweet,someone pinch me, I must be dreamin!When will the first big 2 day event be?"THE NEW RUG RUN 09"?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

it was really cool to see the carpet today!
i am looking forward to Aug 30th(the first carpet race of the year). My VTA that has been running all summer with either 3 cell nimh or 1s lipo is working awsome, speed wise it has ran with 4cell. surprise is i lowered my gear i think 3 to 4 teeth.

i am ready to get 1/12th racing again.
17.5 - 1s lipo - GenX
8.5 - 3cell nihm - FF07
Old 08-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Company Representative

Yep should be good 19 days and we are on the rug.

I need to get off my butt and swap a motor into the mod car.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ammdrew
...Option classes: These are classes that are new or resurecting. They will be run as long as they have two or more racers for the class and may be comboed with another class during the day. This is not a devider class, as in no other 12th, VTA, or Sedan option will be run. Racers in those classes need to conform to the rules package. A example class would be 1/10th offroad trucks, World GT, 1/10th Pan car.
Conner and I would definitely like to run the 1/10th offroad trucks (Slashes) on Sundays. As it stands now, we will only be able to make it one Sunday per month. I hope there are others out there willing to race their trucks on Sunday!

Allan
Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Centerline Racing
Conner and I would definitely like to run the 1/10th offroad trucks (Slashes) on Sundays. As it stands now, we will only be able to make it one Sunday per month. I hope there are others out there willing to race their trucks on Sunday!
Let me know which Sundays and I will try to show with my Slash.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beakerman
Let me know which Sundays and I will try to show with my Slash.
Starts on Opening Carpet Race, Aug 30 then most likely every 4 weeks from there.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Company Representative

another sample of balanced 3 cell 12th car.

16 days and counting.
Attached Thumbnails MMR Direct Fall Winter Spring Carpet Racing-3cellbal.jpg  
Old 08-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Coming Fast

Are you guys getting cars ready???

Mondays are a great day to come and get help and start shaking the car out.

Joe Sr. car(t-bar) and Andrews(t-bar) both look good on 3 cell nimh

with that now you do not need to buy any new equipment or cars.

First race Aug 30th on carpet!
Practice 27th on carpet.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have to say that I'm disappointed with how MMR and TcORC seem to be unwilling to coordinate activities for the benefit of all carpet racers in the Cities. I think we're letting our personal differences get in the way of our otherwise good intentions and hard work.

It was requested that I cross-post my thoughts on this thread, which I think is a fair request. Unfortunately I'm stuck in a car in western Iowa right now and I can't cut-n-paste that much text with my iPhone. If someone wants to quote me in this thread that's fine, but for now I can paste a link...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6233238-post2485.html
Old 08-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Response

Originally Posted by SUV-ETR
He absolutely does deserve tons of gratitude. As do you. As does Andrew. The three of you are the hardest-working advocates for RC in the Twin Cities (at least on carpet). I appreciate all of the time and effort, and I enjoyed getting to know all of you this past year.

But all that effort still doesn't excuse your collective behavior.

At the risk of being the guy who ends up not welcome anywhere, I gotta get this off my chest.

At the present moment in time, carpet racing in TC seems to have a lot of momentum. But if y'all don't put aside your personal beefs with each other and work together to make this sport grow, we're all going to be up the creek.

This is silly, guys. There just aren't enough toys in our little sandbox to be acting like this. I don't pretend to have any clue about the history or the facts or the words that have lead us to where we are. Frankly, I don't care. But I can see where things are at the moment, and I'm embarrassed. We all should be.

I LOVED the competition at the end of last season. I'm going to be REALLY FREAKIN' BUMMED OUT if this fractures the field with half the people going to MMR and half going to TcORC. Or worse, people might just decide to do something else entirely. I might still race somewhere, because I like to race. Or I might not. But I'll consider the whole thing a massive loss of opportunity.

I dealt with this same issue of two local clubs stepping on each other in autocross a couple years ago. We managed to finally get both sides together and made a plan to go forward together. The sport has boomed locally ever since, with events so popular we had to start putting entry caps in place.

So...to EVERYONE involved: What's it gonna be? Are we just going to keep on going like this? Maybe one side will "win", but my money is that we'll all lose. Is it really worth it?

Or is there any chance we could get over our egos and have a unified schedule and rule set for the '09-'10 season? Can you imagine how cool our season could be if everyone who wanted to race on carpet would actually work together? It is never too late.

Neal
To be fair...TCORC didn't change anything...from what we did last year. We did change 1 date in December to avoid conflict with MMR's schedule for this fall. Andrews decision to race on-road on Sundays when the TCORC and LSRCC are already running doesn't make sense. This puts his track in a competitive rather than a cooperative position with the clubs. Why should the racers be forced to make a choice? A Saturday or weeknight schedule would have complemented the club racing very well.
Another point...Tea's races oval on Saturdays already...This is another possible conflict if he runs a saturday oval series (rumored in the threads).
I can talk with Andrew and see what he thinks. I'd like it if everyone was happy.
Thanks, Mike

Last edited by sterling moss; 08-22-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: edit
Old 08-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sterling moss
To be fair...TCORC didn't change anything...from what we did last year. We did change 1 date in December to avoid conflict with MMR's schedule for this fall. Andrews decision to race on-road on Sundays when the TCORC and LSRCC are already running doesn't make sense. This puts his track in a competitive rather than a cooperative position with the clubs. Why should the racers be forced to make a choice? A Saturday or weeknight schedule would have complemented the club racing very well.
Another point...Tea's races oval on Saturdays already...This is another possible conflict if he runs a saturday oval series (rumored in the threads).
I can talk with Andrew and see what he thinks. I'd like it if everyone was happy.
Thanks, Mike
Sundays are by far the best choice for multi class races. You can't run a program with several classes during the week and still get home at a reasonable hour. Saturdays are the most difficult for racers to get away from families and other social events. There are many people ( like me ) that will never race on Saturdays, even two day events I have ran one or no quals on a saturday then just ran Sunday.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Company Representative

8 Days to race 1 Tick Tock......
Old 08-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Saturdays

Yes, Saturdays are tough for some of us family guys.
Previous RC tracks like Northstar and Macs did have good Saturday race turnouts regardless.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[QUOTE=sterling moss;6240929]To be fair...TCORC didn't change anything...from what we did last year."

You keep saying this but it is still as untrue as ever. You added twice as many races and never gave Andrew a call or looked at working around his schedule at all. You said yourself MMR's schedule had no effect on Tcorc.

I think the fact the meeting was planned on a Wednesday shows Tcorc's intentions towards MMR's race program. I find it impossible to believe the choice of day was an oversite. Wednesday is the only day of the week that has had local On-road racing everynight for many years now. Come on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.