Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tea's 09 offroad track

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 22Racer
They are not racing every weekend, I believe the next race is Memorial weekend on Sat.

Rex
Is it open for practice on Saturdays? How much for practice?

Thxs.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I am not sure but I think practice might be $10 and practice may be available most Saturdays when not racing. They also have practice during the week.

Rex
Old 05-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is there going to be an official off-road schedule? Or just everyother Saturday?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ABspeed
Is there going to be an official off-road schedule? Or just everyother Saturday?
Nothing is set in stone yet. The outdoor dirt oval is almost complete as well, and they want to work out a schedule that will make everyone happy. People like myself enjoy both types of racing, I mentioned off-road one weekend, dirt oval the next, if one type of racing has a big event somewhere that weekend then fill it in with the opposite, etc. Be sure to post on the forum at http://www.teashobbyshop.com/phpBB/index.php for all the latest information.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 22Racer
We had an awesome time! 32 entries first week is awesome, track was a little wet in some area's when we got there but dried out good.

Rex
The group I came down with had a good time as well! Very fun track layout...that wagon wheel was fun!

Just a couple little things that I wanted to mention though...

I was surprised that the electric classes were only given 4 minute qualifiers, and 5 minute mains...any idea why? In the Corr class, I'm sure even with a 3300 Nimh pack the trucks could run for 15 minutes at least.

I really hope that future heats/mains can be set up so that the nitro guys marshall nitro guys, and electric guys marshall electric guys. I know it doesn't always work out so that can happen, but to run a 5 minute main, then go out and stand there flipping cars for nearly 10 minutes while the nitros "warm up", then another 15 minutes during the actual race, isn't much fun IMO. I can't count the number of times I ran out to flip a turned over 1/8th scale buggy, only to get sprayed with mud while the driver is pegging the throttle...nice. Will those things really not stay running upside down without nailing the throttle every .5 seconds??

Not to mention one of the 1/8th scale buggies running nearly half the main without a body on...yikes. Nothing like the potential for a rookie marshal getting burned on an engine head or pipe, or getting a finger in the gears.

Sorry.........I'm sure that being their first off-road race, there are some things that will get worked out, and I'm not trying to get all negative on the deal...just wanted to share some things that I though could be easily addressed.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt D.
Be sure to post on the forum at http://www.teashobbyshop.com/phpBB/index.php for all the latest information.
I tried posting on their forum, rather than rctech, but the account I set up last week still hasn't been approved by a moderator, so I wasn't able to.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnnyshore
The group I came down with had a good time as well! Very fun track layout...that wagon wheel was fun!

Just a couple little things that I wanted to mention though...

I was surprised that the electric classes were only given 4 minute qualifiers, and 5 minute mains...any idea why? In the Corr class, I'm sure even with a 3300 Nimh pack the trucks could run for 15 minutes at least.

I really hope that future heats/mains can be set up so that the nitro guys marshall nitro guys, and electric guys marshall electric guys. I know it doesn't always work out so that can happen, but to run a 5 minute main, then go out and stand there flipping cars for nearly 10 minutes while the nitros "warm up", then another 15 minutes during the actual race, isn't much fun IMO. I can't count the number of times I ran out to flip a turned over 1/8th scale buggy, only to get sprayed with mud while the driver is pegging the throttle...nice. Will those things really not stay running upside down without nailing the throttle every .5 seconds??

Not to mention one of the 1/8th scale buggies running nearly half the main without a body on...yikes. Nothing like the potential for a rookie marshal getting burned on an engine head or pipe, or getting a finger in the gears.

Sorry.........I'm sure that being their first off-road race, there are some things that will get worked out, and I'm not trying to get all negative on the deal...just wanted to share some things that I though could be easily addressed.
I was the one who had the body fall off. I'm a nitro rookie, so pardon my ignorance on that part.

As for everything else I say just give it time. With our input to Charlie it will only get better. He is always listening to what we, the racers, have to say.

Originally Posted by johnnyshore
I tried posting on their forum, rather than rctech, but the account I set up last week still hasn't been approved by a moderator, so I wasn't able to.
All taken care of. Let me know if you have any problems.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

As for everything else I say just give it time. With our input to Charlie it will only get better. He is always listening to what we, the racers, have to say.
Absolutely...like I said, we all had a good time, and it's nice to have yet another fun outdoor track to race at from time to time.

I was the one who had the body fall off. I'm a nitro rookie, so pardon my ignorance on that part.
Sorry, I didn't mean to specifically point fingers or call anyone out (aka you) about the body coming off...just something that the race director normally would/should point out and request it be fixed before the car is allowed to continue for safety reasons.

All taken care of. Let me know if you have any problems.
Thanks...I'll go check it out.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Why do all the tracks besides Omaha, have to be 4+ hours away! dangit!!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

I talked to Charlie after the race and I am pretty sure they will run 5 minute quals in electric from now on, wouldn't hurt to remind him. He ran 4 minute quals inside.
I am not sure if the nitro's can marshall nitro, the truggy class is most times ran by people that also run buggy. I do think they need to go over marshalling nitro's before the race, it is different for someone that doesn't know where mufflers are etc.

Next race is Memorial weekend on Sat. we plan on going.

Rex
Old 05-14-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

I was thinking about coming down for some off-road practice this saturday (16th), curious if there will any others around to bump fenders with?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ABspeed
I was thinking about coming down for some off-road practice this saturday (16th), curious if there will any others around to bump fenders with?
Be sure to post on the Tea's forum. There are a bunch of people on there from around the Rochester area that don't go to any other forums.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Is their site down again?
No posts in about a week.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

When is the next race?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

They are racing this Sat. sounds like Charlie has a summer schedule done now, they build custom hot rod seats and some weekends are gone at car shows and product shows.

Rex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.