Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
Winter 08/09 RHR Racing: ELECTRIC OFF-ROAD RACING ANYONE? >

Winter 08/09 RHR Racing: ELECTRIC OFF-ROAD RACING ANYONE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter 08/09 RHR Racing: ELECTRIC OFF-ROAD RACING ANYONE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

copied over from the Mn Nitro series forum...

I was running it in the Mugen/Caster conversion, with SMC 5200 C-Maxx hardcase lipo's, and the Caster RTR Hobbywing 80A esc.

There were some guys asking how much battery I had left after the Sportsman A-main.

I ran for the full 20 minutes, less a pit stop, and did one extra lap at the end, giving me about 21 mins of runtime. My plan was to drive conservatively so I would make it.

I discharged the packs on the Hyperion Duo down to 3V/cell, one pack had 850mah left, the other had 875mah.

So, I burned up 4350mA in 21mins, leaving me with 850mah, or about 4mins of runtime left.

It turns out I could have driven more aggressively and still made it.

During quallies, I was putting 1800mA back into the packs after 7 minutes... which made me think i wasn't going to make 20mins.

I plan on picking up the new Tekin RX8 controller... that should bring up the efficiency of the system.

Blew up my motor cooling fan, and the esc fan quit at some point during the race. The speedo was quite warm, but continued to work.

Who was it that was checking out my car after the Sportsman main?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am hoping to see a Tekin RX8 out here running in a Team drivers car in the Mandan / Bismarck Region this summer

Was good to see all the electrics out there. if I didn't munch my battery voltage sensor, I probably woudl have gone for the nitro style pit strategy instead of a battery swap as the track was more battery pack friendly, and traction picked up a lot too.

Hopefully get to run with your Canada guys again this summer somewhere and everyone else too. Looks like I got a traveling buddy, so will be making trips!