R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing

Old 05-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Default RC in the Fargo area?

what kind(s) of racing are going on in the Fargo area? Indoor/outdoor?
Racin Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

we run in Pingree ND 20 miles north of Jamestown
heres the website http://www.prcpraceway.com/
KEITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Thanks, I wasn't able to figure out anything from your website. How many are running there and what classes? How far is the track from Fargo?
Old 05-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

the track is about an hour and a half from fargo, at the moment most all offroad classes are being ran using roar rules....

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

OCM RACING DT-19 EVO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED

OCM RACING DT-19T PRO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Racing Rev: map quest is showing about a 2hr drive to pingree. Nice track up there from what I can tell.

I am in Fargo, live 5 minutes from the track that is by the river. I am running a 1/8 scale buggy and 1/10 scale electric truck, should meet up sometime.

I am hoping to make the next leg of the RC Pro series with Jason, maybe see about car pooling?

Manville track is about 10 miles north of Grand Forks and is nice. I have been heading up there.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Actually, I don't live in Fargo at the moment. I am looking for a possible relocation to the area. My last relocation moved me rc free for about the last 2 1/2 years. I am going through serious dt's. I want my next move to be where I can race. I need to be really close or race on saturdays.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
Tech Legend

If you have a choice, move to bismarck / mandan area. That is the most active for RC in North Dakota.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:45 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain
If you have a choice, move to bismarck / mandan area. That is the most active for RC in North Dakota.
yup that area races most every weekend in the summer, and carpet race every week in the winter...

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

OCM RACING DT-19 EVO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED

OCM RACING DT-19T PRO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

IF YOUR INTO CARPET PINGREE IT THE RUG CAPITAL IN NORTH DAKOTA AND OFFROAD ISNT BAD EITHER BUT MANDAN IS A BI WEEKLY PROGRAM FOR OFFROAD TRACK IS FRIKIN AWESOME AND THE OWNER HAS HEART HE IS A RACER TOO MANDANS WEBSITE http://www.wwnh.net/
KEITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:12 AM   #10
Tech Legend

Pingree does have a really nice carpet track. Not sure how many miles it is from Jamestown but if you want something more rural that has a track nearby, that could be an option.

Here in Fargo, largest city in the state, and moorhead is just over the water, no LHS in Fargo, no racing at this time

I'll be swinging by the local Hobby Hut in Moorhead to see if they are serious about getting RC going as they had a commercial on TV about them selling RC cars specifically. Maybe they are. Can't hurt to look.

Track by the water here is flooded partially, flood water is just wanting to hang around this year, not good.

Should build a pipeline and pump that water to the dryer regions in Western Dakota.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:47 PM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain

Track by the water here is flooded partially, flood water is just wanting to hang around this year, not good.

So what you are saying is that there is an outdoor track in fargo but it is flooded? and no lhs support?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #12
Tech Legend

The track floods, and currently is partially flooded.

The only hobbyshop is in Moorhead which is over the river and is just starting to carry alittle more RC, but, its mainly traxxas stuff.

Again, for established RC racing, you will want to go to Mandan / Bismarck area. Minot may also be a good option.

People in Fargo do run RC, just nothing organized right now for racing unfortunately.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #13
KMA
Tech Apprentice

Manvel ND is not horribly far from Fargo. It is 91 miles north of Fargo on I-29. We are having a race on Saturday June 30th. Please see the related thread.

OFF-ROAD CLUB RACE #1 SATURDAY JUNE 30TH IN MANVEL, ND

Last edited by KMA; 06-21-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: add item
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:29 AM   #14
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

It seems that for some reason Fargo can't keep a hobby store that is interested in R/C racing alive.

The track by the river is and will no longer be maintained by the club. We are looking into other places to setup a track that is not so labor intense to get going every year and also is threatened by flooding. It will happen, just not sure where or when at this time.

Jon
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #15
Tech Legend

Jon,

As always, give me a holler when you need help getting it going.

Right now, From how I understand it, best places would be in this order for established RC racing:

1. Mandan / Bismarck Area
2. Minot ( Funny, when I was there for college, nothing then!)
3. Grand Forks