Altepeter Off-Road Raceway Crookston, MN

Reply

Old 04-21-2007, 10:10 AM
  #16  
KMA
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
KMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crookston, MN
Posts: 89
Default

Don't you know that Racing is more important than business Cain?

I am stuck with a rotating schedule myself. Every other weekend, I am on-call and cannot get tied up in anything I cannot walk out on. If I don't grab May 6th as a season-starter Race date I will have to wait until May 20th to do it. Hopefully, I will be able to train in some trusted regulars well enough to run the show eventually. That way, I won't be limited to only having races when I can be off on-call duties.
KMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:34 PM
  #17  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Jason Halvorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grand Forks ND
Posts: 3,955
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

cain,
sucks to hear that, but ill make a few laps for ya!!!!!!!
Jason Halvorson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:54 AM
  #18  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (252)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 30,842
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

yeah, it sucks, but not too often do I get an all expense paid conference, food, etc to baltimore, so thats a good thing!

If the weather is good this weekend, any thoughts on running?
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:31 PM
  #19  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Jason Halvorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grand Forks ND
Posts: 3,955
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

cain, ill be running at both tracks this weekend, got to get my practice laps in...
Jason Halvorson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 AM
  #20  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (252)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 30,842
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

I'll be up at manville!
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:20 AM
  #21  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
Mike L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota
Posts: 1,044
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

hey cain, when are you heading up to manville i'd like to go run some laps before the proseries race in mandan.
Mike L. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:41 AM
  #22  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (252)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 30,842
Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default

Mike L: I'll be going up this sunday with my daughter. start dialing in the buggy more. Check your pm.
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:51 PM
  #23  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Jason Halvorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Grand Forks ND
Posts: 3,955
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

this race is comming up soon, and its gonna be a blast!!!!!!!! so if you find yourself with nothing to do on may 6th come on out for some electric fun!!!!!!
Jason Halvorson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:23 PM
  #24  
KMA
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
KMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crookston, MN
Posts: 89
Default

I was hoping we could wake up more of those Fargo guys. A free race on a decent track will full services including AMBrc lap counting. What more could you want?
KMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
  #25  
KMA
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
KMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crookston, MN
Posts: 89
Default UPDATE 05/03/2007

UPDATE 05/03/2007

I was just checking out the forecast. There is a 60% chance of rain on Friday and Saturday; a 40% chance for our Sunday race day. We certainly need that rain, so can't curse this, but at the same time don't write off coming here to race yet. The track sucks up water pretty good. We have to water it good to start a day and do spot watering between races to keep it sticky. Before I put in the 1-1/2 HP water pump and nurse tank in, I could not water it good in less that an hour. Now it only takes a few minutes with two hoses.

Should it get too wet, I will put up a cancel notice on my web site, here and other places. Also, all members of my web forum get all race notices for my track and the Manvel Track. If you are interested in joining the KRC Products Forum to receive our notices and/or join in our discussions, PLEASE CLICK HERE to go to the main page and register.

Hope to see you here!
KMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:35 AM
  #26  
KMA
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
KMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crookston, MN
Posts: 89
Default REPOST OF RACE DETAILS

REPOST OF RACE NOTICE

HI TO ALL OUR ELECTRIC RACERS:

On Sunday May 6th we are going to have a day of Electric Off-Road Racing here at Altepeter Raceway. These Races will be run as a free service to support local activities in our area utilizing the KRC Products Race Management Systems. It also should be noted that on Saturday before the races will be an open practice day. Nitro Models are allowed to practice on Saturdays, but cannot run here on Sundays.

SCHEDULE:

PLEASE BE REGISTERED BEFORE NOON

9:00AM-11:00AM Open Practice
11:00AM-11:30AM Track Grooming
11:30AM-12:00PM Drivers Meeting
12:00PM Noon Heats Begin

POSSIBLE CLASSES:

ALL CLASSES ARE OPEN. BRUSHLESS MOTOR SYSTEMS ALLOWED
(Stock, 19 Turn or etc. can be set up if support is there though)

1/18 4WD Truck & Buggy
1/18 2WD Truck & Buggy
1/10 Buggy
1/10 Truck
1/10 4WD Buggy

ADDED NOTES:

The number of heats run will depend on how many Racers attend. We will have Cool Aid and Ice Water available to drink. There are gas grills for cooking burgers and etc. always ready to use here. Bring your own food. We have a few tables and chairs, but it is always best to bring your own, as is true at any Race. If you plan to attend, please let me know by email.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ALTEPETER RACEWAY
KMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:42 AM
  #27  
KMA
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
KMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crookston, MN
Posts: 89
Default UPDATE 06/04/2006 12:45PM

UPDATE 05/04/2007 12:45PM

I just got home from work. The track looks great! Watered perfectly to start racing by Mother Nature at this point. I would turn some laps, but got to get things done. Will post again later today.

Last edited by KMA; 05-04-2007 at 07:17 PM.
KMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:16 PM
  #28  
KMA
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
KMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crookston, MN
Posts: 89
Default UPDATE 05/04/2007 9:15PM

UPDATE 05/04/2007 9:15PM

Racers,

I just got home from Grand Forks. Grayson and I went over there to do some shopping and get the race management system and cabinets from the EGF Legion. With the way it was raining through all of that since we left at 4:00PM, I was all ready to sit down here and say we will have to cancel Sunday's Electric Racing, but now I am not so sure. When I got home here in Crookston at 9:00PM, there was no water standing on the track anywhere and it had stopped raining. The track had sucked all of the rain we had up.

Depending on how wet it stays tomorrow, racing on Sunday is yet still a possibility. Don't write off the day yet!
KMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:49 AM
  #29  
KMA
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
KMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crookston, MN
Posts: 89
Default UPDATE SATURDAY 05/05/2007 2:00PM

UPDATE SATURDAY 05/05/2007 2:00PM

Currently it is 55 degrees, cloudy and spinkling. The track is still not too wet to race on, but I think it is best we drop our Sunday status from a "Race" to an "Open Practice" day. With the forcast for tomorrow not much better than today, I don't think most of our racers are going to want to run. For those that do stop by, you are welcome to use the track. We will set up another date soon.
KMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:29 PM
  #30  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

hope to see some of you in mandan next weekend for the reschedule state rc pro race http://stateseries.rcprosites.com/si...view/year/2007
KEITH is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service