Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Shoe 07

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Saturday must of been a loose track, I blew a ton of dirt off this morning and could see lots of tracks through the dirt. Usually I do not see that much must have ben a lot of wind blowing dust during the week.

Track was very fast today, evereyone was well hooked we only got a couple laps in before the weather pushed the danger envelope and we called the race. 1/6ths ran the whole event. I have fixed the extra laps andre and chris had and the race finished according to the comp on lap 2. Not sure on points will have to do some discussions to see if we retain the points for the race. as of now they are considered a in race.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It was a non points race anyways, was it not? I sure hope it wasn't changed as I treated it as a non points event ie. cars not ready to go and fixin' others stuff most the morning.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am glad your revised the finishing order Andrew, because it wouldn't have been right with us having an extra lap due to the way we exited the track.

I was made aware that this was a points week, last week. Because I wanted to run the reverse direction today due to the fact that I didn't think it was a points week. But Andrew corrected me and said either way I would face the reverse direction on a points week. Hope that made sense.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Company Representative

It was the 12th race, points week , added in about 4 weeks ago.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Company Representative

Found alive in trailer. One pair of black sunglasses, black with blue strip on side, FG logo on glasses mirror lens with blue tint. call me if you lost them at the race.
763-525-8267 they are safe and in excellent health.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Saturday practice was very warm and windy, the latter helped ease the former.

Conner and I ran rubber for the first hour and then switched to foams; me with nitro and him with trued carpet foams. What a difference tires make, even in the dusty track conditions.

We would have made it out Sunday, but Conner's car had engine trouble and he wasn't too keen on racing until we worked out the bugs. We have a few leads on tuning and setup options.

Andrew, can you give up the skinny on who is responsible for decisions relating track maintenance and upkeep? I have a few suggestions that might improve nitro sedan without affecting the layout for the other classes. I know the owner of a "small" construction company that is willing to sponsor these track improvements. Please post here or PM me.

Allan
Old 07-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Company Representative

IF you have any ideas call me 612-251-8267.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Its going to be a big day Sunday.......Several new faces will be there, looks like a really nice group of nitro sedans. Better bring your Depends Its fast!!
Also do you have a pit B*&$H lined up? Remember 20min mains.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am ready for racing Sunday, PLEASE No rain! I plan to be at the track early for lots of practice and tuning. I think I need to dial it in better and work on my line around the track. See everybody tomorrow!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Company Representative

results and points are up

looks like my rod had all it could handle

Last edited by ammdrew; 07-15-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Wednesday nite was my first official 10th nitro race at HobbyTown and it was more fun than I expected.

Today, I ran at the Shoe and my expectations were exceeded. I came into the event a little reserved about the size of the track, but after a few laps in the first heat, all my apprehensions went away.

The track seemed to get more managable and easier to drive with each passing lap. Everyone needs to at least try this track once. It was a blast!

Thanks to Paul for being my "P-B" (Pit Boss!) I wish he had less to do with my car having so many flame-outs.

I look forward to the next race that we can attend.

Allan
Old 07-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like yer havin fun Al, always nice to see a familar paint job on line.

Keep up the good work Andrew the track looks great !
Old 07-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Hey Mark,

Thanks again for selling your hand-me-down NTC3s. Even tho used, I really appreciate the equipment. I took the safe line at the track and it kept me from being marshalled or broken. The body is holding up well. I still haven't painted the two others.

What a blast! Electric carpet has its place with driver skill and tuning the car, but nitro is really more like the real thing; hit the gas too hard and spin out, lock up the brakes and you spin out. Hit the apex too soon/late and spin out.

That said, I still can't wait for the 07-08 carpet season!!

Allan
Old 07-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Andrew,

As I mentioned, I am serious about acquiring a used F1 car for next season. Can you direct me to a few websites relating to a 'starter' car? Everything I see on the MMR site that I want to read is in a different language. I want to research what is available regarding upgrades, parts and any other stuff thats available.

Thanks,
Allan
Old 07-17-2007, 05:00 AM
Company Representative

You must be looking at the fg catalog. everything in german is also written in english, usually the paragraph right below.
you can find some info here, check the forums http://www.5thscale.com/
Also here http://www.rctek.com/phpBB/index.php
the best info is going to be at the track. We do a lot of experimeting with the local guys to make cars better. Phil Brian and chris all have some cool stufff going on and have very good idea on durability of parts and setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.