• 1 Post By Vince
  • 1 Post By Vince

Nitro on road

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Nitro on road

We in the mid Atlantic area need a nitro on Road track I was just wondering why no one can get the manufacturers of rc cars and roar to sponsor a place to build a track. I realize that a lot of politics goes into having a rc track. But you have all types of parks, go cart racing, amusement parks, skateboard parks. Why not a rc park. Looking for some input from the political side and to me something like this could come under Parks and Recreation you have ROAR for insurance and a yearly Membership dues for the up keep of the track also you can still charge a race fee. for membership it can be levels of membership. And fees could be waived depending on membership level.

Last edited by bigtee01; 07-23-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee01
We in the mid Atlantic area need a nitro on Road track I was just wondering why no one can get the manufacturers of rc cars and roar to sponsor a place to build a track. I realize that a lot of politics goes into having a rc track. But you have all types of parks, go cart racing, amusement parks, skateboard parks. Why not a rc park. Looking for some input from the political side and to me something like this could come under Parks and Recreation you have ROAR for insurance and a yearly Membership dues for the up keep of the track also you can still charge a race fee. for membership it can be levels of membership. And fees could be waived depending on membership level.
The sad part bigtee is there really is no politics involved at all since I been involved in running floyd and also trying to build another track it only takes one thing period money!!! 50k can be raised u can buy 2 or 3 acres easy and build a track, only reason the political part comes into play is cause no one can raise the funds so we look to city and towns and beg people for a spot. Now what comes Into play is my version of politics it's called jealous bullshit. We can easily raise the money but for some reason up here north east there is so much jealousy it's unthinkable!!
Worst part is u say to the jealous ones ok u build the track and raise the money and u make the profit and there response is zero!!!! So they flap and cause problems yet don't want to offer a solution so this is the real problem y we don't have a track its so sad but true. Or people just don't have the brain capacity to understand 200 to, 300 a man would get us our own land and track and never have to go through this again but it is what it is....
Old 07-23-2017, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

You said it in a nut shell. I think in MD it's greed and who's palms is getting greased to get the zoning. I have look it something here and tried to talk with the heads of parks and Recreation Baltimore county but a brick wall was built in front of me. You so right about the money is the key. MD seem to don't like anything about car racing unless it's dealing with horse racing
Old 07-23-2017, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Honestly Blue Diamond would have been the perfect place to have a world class track all that land. A paved in grass track..
Old 07-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default Working on it

I just locked up a very large piece of property in MD for racing. Very good area and not far from BWI and hotels for travelers. Money will need to be raised though. More info to follow very soon.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vince
I just locked up a very large piece of property in MD for racing. Very good area and not far from BWI and hotels for travelers. Money will need to be raised though. More info to follow very soon.
Ive set my own track at schools.so easy.just come get my fw hoses and lay it down...i wouldnt give roar any $$$, waivers will do.

That easy....
Old 08-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by poochy
Ive set my own track at schools.so easy.just come get my fw hoses and lay it down...i wouldnt give roar any $$$, waivers will do.

That easy....
Unfortunately ROAR is the main/popular racing association people look to at the moment and is needed if you want a regionals/nationals or something like that.

As for the fire hoses, I've raced on many parking lots with fire hoses. It's not for real competitive racing. You can't have big races like a nationals or a manufacturers event with 180+ entries on a track with fire hoses. Aside from the weekend basher (the just having fun, nothing more nothing less kind of person) there's a certain quality of racing that's missing on the east coast and we're trying to fill that void, not only in MD but the whole region 1 and 2 area. Even with the lack of tracks there's still a big market for competitive racing on the east coast and that's the direction we want to go in.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I think one thing that would help in the US, is a ENS style.race!!! Get away from ROAR!
Old 08-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

double post
Old 08-11-2017, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vince
Unfortunately ROAR is the main/popular racing association people look to at the moment and is needed if you want a regionals/nationals or something like that.

As for the fire hoses, I've raced on many parking lots with fire hoses. It's not for real competitive racing. You can't have big races like a nationals or a manufacturers event with 180+ entries on a track with fire hoses. Aside from the weekend basher (the just having fun, nothing more nothing less kind of person) there's a certain quality of racing that's missing on the east coast and we're trying to fill that void, not only in MD but the whole region 1 and 2 area. Even with the lack of tracks there's still a big market for competitive racing on the east coast and that's the direction we want to go in.
I like your vision, hope it happens

Last edited by poochy; 08-11-2017 at 06:58 AM.