Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series >

MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series

Like Tree43Likes

MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 05:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: R Dodge
Schedule coming soon...

Print Wikipost

Old 08-09-2017, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Looks good R.Dizzle!!! I'm in for some USGT fun.

The last few weeks I've been running offroad....you want to talk about buying tires These guys have boxes and boxes of tires. I think this will be a fun series and when it's all said and done, buying one set of tires for each series race will really not be that big of an issue.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

It's racing. It's tires.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Last edited by poochy; 08-11-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:25 AM
Suspended

Winter is coming, so is MACS!

We currently have 3 of 4 event dates confirmed. Just waiting on confirmation from 1 track that I hope to have early September. As soon as I get that confirmation I will post the final schedule.

In order to provide everyone as much advance notice as possible, I will share that the first race is scheduled for November 4 of this year. Due to some scheduling conflicts, the first race had to be moved forward quite a bit.

See everyone soon
Old 10-03-2017, 10:13 AM
Suspended

Quick update for everyone - As soon as I received the last confirmed date I needed for the MACS schedule, I found out that another event was moved to a date that conflicts with one of our series races. Unfortunately that would mean myself and several others would not be present for the MACS race. I do not feel comfortable starting a new series and not being around for one of the races. So we are working on adjusting the schedule with that host track now. Hope to have this resolved soon.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Robbie, how’s it going to work exactly with the handout motors? Payment at the first race?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2017, 08:25 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Robbie, how’s it going to work exactly with the handout motors? Payment at the first race?

Thanks
Great question! I am working on setting up a paypal account so those who wish to pay in advance can do so. Otherwise, yes, folks may pay at the first event or at each event they attend.

Thanks!
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:32 AM
Suspended

Default Pro Stock TC Update

MACS will use the Team Powers spec 13.5 for Pro Stock TC in the 2018 season!

This motor is the same motor currently used by Jackson RC and John's Mobile Raceway. We will use the same cost format: $45 (1-time) for the full season or $15 per event. If you have paid the 1-time $45 fee to use a Powers Spec motor at JMR, you are covered for the MACS '18 season.

If you wish to pay the 1-time $45 to cover your motor for MACS, or you have any questions, please contact me via PM.

Thanks!
Robbie
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Robbie. When can we expect a decision on the spec FDR or am I safe to buy gearing to target a 5.0?
Old 10-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Thanks Robbie. When can we expect a decision on the spec FDR or am I safe to buy gearing to target a 5.0?
Both outdoor races will use 5.0 FDR for sure. Indoor races are undecided at this time. Hope to know more after this weekend.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:50 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by R Dodge
MACS will use the Team Powers spec 13.5 for Pro Stock TC in the 2018 season!

This motor is the same motor currently used by Jackson RC and John's Mobile Raceway. We will use the same cost format: $45 (1-time) for the full season or $15 per event. If you have paid the 1-time $45 fee to use a Powers Spec motor at JMR, you are covered for the MACS '18 season.

If you wish to pay the 1-time $45 to cover your motor for MACS, or you have any questions, please contact me via PM.

Thanks!
Robbie
FDR Update for MACS!

Both indoor races will be a 5.4 FDR. Both outdoor races will be a 5.0 FDR. These FDRs have been proven to work well at Jackson, JMR and 180.

PayPal to join the motor program is [email protected]

Regarding the schedule, I am still waiting to hear from 1 track on a date. The 3 tracks that have confirmed dates are in late-March, early-May and early-August 2018. As soon as I have a date for the final location (likely the first race) I will post them all up.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Any update for race 1 Robbie?
Old 11-21-2017, 03:44 AM
Suspended

Hey Joe,

Thanks for checking. It has been very tough finding a good weekend on the 180 schedule. Additionally, I am hearing and seeing more and more about on-road racing at RCCW being dead. I am really not sure what direction to go with the series at this point. I've considered a few options following some conversations with other racers.

One being a possible Sunday race at 180, but the 180 schedule is already so packed it is hard to squeeze something in, especially for the 2nd half of the indoor season.

The RCCW issue is an even bigger concern. My contact there is no longer involved with the program. What I have heard from other racers does not sound promising for any on-road event at that location. I think at this point, RCCW is out. Even if I did try to do something there, I think racers would not support it because of what has happened there.

So what do I do? Only 1 carpet race at 180 for this season? 2 races at 180? Both on Sunday? One at 180, and one at 360 (both Sunday)? 360 is a different region, but I am willing to bet Donny & crew would be happy to have us. They've helped me out in the past (Stock Wars '16). But then 360 has a different spec motor program than we do, so how do I work that out?

Lots of stuff on my plate with this, all while trying to promote and develop Stock Wars '17. I've considered calling it off a few times. I'd hate to do that, but given the circumstances...

I'd like to move forward with the series. I guess even if it is 3 races. It can grow from there, I hope.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Hey Joe,

Thanks for checking. It has been very tough finding a good weekend on the 180 schedule. Additionally, I am hearing and seeing more and more about on-road racing at RCCW being dead. I am really not sure what direction to go with the series at this point. I've considered a few options following some conversations with other racers.

One being a possible Sunday race at 180, but the 180 schedule is already so packed it is hard to squeeze something in, especially for the 2nd half of the indoor season.

The RCCW issue is an even bigger concern. My contact there is no longer involved with the program. What I have heard from other racers does not sound promising for any on-road event at that location. I think at this point, RCCW is out. Even if I did try to do something there, I think racers would not support it because of what has happened there.

So what do I do? Only 1 carpet race at 180 for this season? 2 races at 180? Both on Sunday? One at 180, and one at 360 (both Sunday)? 360 is a different region, but I am willing to bet Donny & crew would be happy to have us. They've helped me out in the past (Stock Wars '16). But then 360 has a different spec motor program than we do, so how do I work that out?

Lots of stuff on my plate with this, all while trying to promote and develop Stock Wars '17. I've considered calling it off a few times. I'd hate to do that, but given the circumstances...

I'd like to move forward with the series. I guess even if it is 3 races. It can grow from there, I hope.
Keep it going, don't give up.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

I think 360 would be the best option, even though the tolls are hellacious to get there. Even if they run a different spec program, it shouldn’t affect the MACS series. The locals there can opt for the one day rate for the handout motor if they want to participate in only that race.