Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series >

MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series

Like Tree43Likes

MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 05:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: R Dodge
Schedule coming soon...

Print Wikipost

Old 08-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback and continued support! I heard from several racers outside of rctech as well and from the feedback I've received, the rule will remain unchanged.

Again, my main goal is to promote fun and fair racing which should naturally grow onroad racing in the region. I hope everyone understands that. Any series created by myself or anyone else won't succeed if we aren't all trying to make it the best it can be. All of these rules have indeed been written, re-written and tweaked many times over the past 2-3 months, and I've consulted several times with series promoters across the US and Canada, so nothing was decided on a whim but I am always happy to discuss potential improvements.

Looking forward to a fun and successful series!
Thanks for your dedication to the hobby,too help promote onroad in our region
godzukihop and KA2AEV like this.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godzukihop
Just wondering how you come up with 12 sets of tires when there are only 4 races in the series?
OOOPS
Thought there were 6 races so that's 8 sets of tires instead of 12!
Okay?
Old 08-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

[QUOTE=godzukihop;14988075]On a personal note, I am very happy to see On-Road being developed and promoted in a New Multi Race format.

I appreciate Robbie attempting to grow On-Road on the East Coast and will do everything I can to help this series to be successful.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
OOOPS
Thought there were 6 races so that's 8 sets of tires instead of 12!
Okay?
What classes are you running?
Old 08-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by greghalstead
Well I hope you guys can make it to at least a couple of them. I had a good time racing you guys the time or two we met.
Greg, I really hope that we can make a few
You know we support the local tracks as best as we can!
It's always fun to run against some of the best Maryland has to offer!!!
Old 08-09-2017, 03:52 AM
Suspended

Hey guys,

Wow you've been busy! I hope I can clear some things up. First thing, I've made the same decision on the tire rule twice now, so that will not be changing. I'll do my best to explain why things are they way they are and hopefully we can all move forward from there and have some fun racing together.

First thing I want to point out, the series is only 4 events at most for the 2018 season. The 2018 season would run from January to July. That is 7 months. I haven't posted a schedule because I don't know the fate of 180 Raceway yet, and I need to coordinate a little more with all the host tracks and I just haven't had time to do that lately. Here is a general idea of what the schedule would look like - This is NOT the actual schedule:

20 January - Carpet Race
24 March - Carpet Race (8 weeks between rounds 1 & 2)
12 May - Asphalt Race (6 weeks between rounds 2 & 3)
28 July - Asphalt Race (10 weeks between rounds 3 & 4)

I am sure your home track will let you use these tires for their club racing. I'm not sure why they wouldn't?

Secondly, as you are all aware, the tires will only get better as you run them, so you will only need 1 set for that day. Nobody will have tires that they have spent weeks preparing for the 1 day event. You could not race for 2 or 3 weeks and show up for the event knowing you are on tires that have the same performance capability as a guy that has raced every week and in some cases, twice a week. This also eliminates folks feeling the need to buy 2 or 3 sets of tires leading up to the event and grooming them to perform like a slick for 1-2 runs. We are all racers here, we will all make the most of every little thing that we can and I know several of us would do that - I've seen it.

Third, different wheels can be lighter/heavier or firmer/softer. Enforcing the spec and making it available for purchase at the event eliminates the possibility of mixing wheels and ensures equality in that area as well.

If you attend all 4 races you would spend $100 (per racer) on 4 sets of USGT tires that you could be using over the course of 7+ months (27ish weeks). I can't say that I know the usual life span of a USGT tire, but that seems pretty fair to me.

Finally, the rule is announced in July/August for a series that starts in January. You have 4+ months to prepare. As soon as I know the schedule I will post it to make sure everyone has ample notice to prepare accordingly. Again, this is to be fun and fair. I think I am being fair and looking out for the best interest of everyone. Racers and tracks alike. I didn't think these rules up in an hour, I looked at them for weeks, probably 2 months before posting them and have taken into account the feedback from folks who have raced on all levels.

I hope this addresses everyone's concerns so we can go forward from here and have a great time racing and hanging out together! Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:01 AM
Suspended

Also want to take a quick second to again thank the tracks, race directors and everyone involved in supporting the series so far! Without their help we would have nothing, so thank you!

Special shoutouts to Al Sodano, San Colon and Mike Hanulec from Jackson, Juwan Hunter & Mike S. from RCCW, John Baerlein, Scott N. and crew from JMR, and Casey Young with 180.

We've been able to work together on things to ensure consistency from event to event and I think that is an excellent start to what could be an amazing series. We have it really good; some regions have tracks working against each other. Fortunately, we do not & I appreciate these guys for what they do for the hobby.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Hey guys,

Wow you've been busy! I hope I can clear some things up. First thing, I've made the same decision on the tire rule twice now, so that will not be changing. I'll do my best to explain why things are they way they are and hopefully we can all move forward from there and have some fun racing together.

First thing I want to point out, the series is only 4 events at most for the 2018 season. The 2018 season would run from January to July. That is 7 months. I haven't posted a schedule because I don't know the fate of 180 Raceway yet, and I need to coordinate a little more with all the host tracks and I just haven't had time to do that lately. Here is a general idea of what the schedule would look like - This is NOT the actual schedule:

20 January - Carpet Race
24 March - Carpet Race (8 weeks between rounds 1 & 2)
12 May - Asphalt Race (6 weeks between rounds 2 & 3)
28 July - Asphalt Race (10 weeks between rounds 3 & 4)

I am sure your home track will let you use these tires for their club racing. I'm not sure why they wouldn't?

Secondly, as you are all aware, the tires will only get better as you run them, so you will only need 1 set for that day. Nobody will have tires that they have spent weeks preparing for the 1 day event. You could not race for 2 or 3 weeks and show up for the event knowing you are on tires that have the same performance capability as a guy that has raced every week and in some cases, twice a week. This also eliminates folks feeling the need to buy 2 or 3 sets of tires leading up to the event and grooming them to perform like a slick for 1-2 runs. We are all racers here, we will all make the most of every little thing that we can and I know several of us would do that - I've seen it.

Third, different wheels can be lighter/heavier or firmer/softer. Enforcing the spec and making it available for purchase at the event eliminates the possibility of mixing wheels and ensures equality in that area as well.

If you attend all 4 races you would spend $100 (per racer) on 4 sets of USGT tires that you could be using over the course of 7+ months (27ish weeks). I can't say that I know the usual life span of a USGT tire, but that seems pretty fair to me.

Finally, the rule is announced in July/August for a series that starts in January. You have 4+ months to prepare. As soon as I know the schedule I will post it to make sure everyone has ample notice to prepare accordingly. Again, this is to be fun and fair. I think I am being fair and looking out for the best interest of everyone. Racers and tracks alike. I didn't think these rules up in an hour, I looked at them for weeks, probably 2 months before posting them and have taken into account the feedback from folks who have raced on all levels.

I hope this addresses everyone's concerns so we can go forward from here and have a great time racing and hanging out together! Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks again for your work on this series

100% correct on the tires👍
Old 08-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

What classes are you running?
Well lets see
if it happens for us
Both Golddust and I will be in USGT
and he'll probably run either Mod or Pro spec
and I'll be in Mod!

WHAT ABOUT YOU???

And more importantly how many races will you make?
Old 08-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Well lets see
if it happens for us
Both Golddust and I will be in USGT
and he'll probably run either Mod or Pro spec
and I'll be in Mod!

WHAT ABOUT YOU???

And more importantly how many races will you make?
I run USGT and plan on making all of the races just as I make almost every weekend @ JMR.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

I run USGT and plan on making all of the races just as I make almost every weekend @ JMR.
Well really good for you!!! How come you don't travel up to visit Jackson RC at all???
Old 08-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Well really good for you!!! How come you don't travel up to visit Jackson RC at all???

First of all I am 140 miles from Jackson, but I do find a way of making it there at least once a year.
I was there for the Memorial Day race (this year and last), you?

Last edited by godzukihop; 08-09-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Why are you guys arguing about this? The race organizer has given the final ruling twice. Now it's about who races more? Come on guys, let's keep the spirit of the thread focused on promoting a fun series where all are welcome!

I'm going to have an MTC1 built in time for the first race and try out my hand at electric touring for the first time!

Robbie, any chance of adding a spec/handout 12th class?
godzukihop and bertottius like this.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Why are you guys arguing about this? The race organizer has given the final ruling twice. Now it's about who races more? Come on guys, let's keep the spirit of the thread focused on promoting a fun series where all are welcome!

I'm going to have an MTC1 built in time for the first race and try out my hand at electric touring for the first time!

Robbie, any chance of adding a spec/handout 12th class?
Oh an mtc1! Can't wait to see that one!

1/12 is not very popular at JMR or Jackson so I honestly never even thought about it. I know rccw has had interest in 13.5 1/12 in the past and 180 had a decent 1/12 crowd for part of last season. I'm gonna sway towards leaving it as is for 2018 and see about adding it for 2019. We may also allow tracks to run exhibition classes on their MACS day, they just wouldn't count towards points for the season. Thanks!
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
I agree with you 1000% but I'm not going o take (Insert your favorite brown matter here) from some guy who doesn't know me and wants to shoot me down!
Just to answer your question, Mr Godzukihop, I work weekends and in my profession Its rare that I get off for holidays or weekends, because of my situational awareness of the area I work in. Oh and by the way, I'm about 140 miles from JMR & MHRs locations also, yet we made it down there a whole bunch of times!!!

So I'll be the bigger person and if Godzukihop wants the last word go right ahead

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.