Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series >

MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series

Like Tree43Likes

MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series

    Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 05:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: MACS - Mid-Atlantic Championship Series
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: R Dodge
Schedule coming soon...

Print Wikipost

Old 07-11-2017, 04:30 AM
  #16  
Suspended
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,948
Default

Originally Posted by SANottingham
Hey R. Dodge,

If you still need a photographer please give me a call at; 301 440-0958

Steve
Thanks Steve! I'll give you a call soon!
R Dodge is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 03:16 AM
  #17  
Suspended
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,948
Default

Still working on a lot of things for this series, but wanted to get the rules that we have in place out there. Please see attached for the current rule set. I've also attached to the first post in this thread.

Thanks again to all the tracks and racers that have shown support and interest so far!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MACS_Rules(nologo).pdf (338.9 KB, 109 views)
gearhead_22 and bertottius like this.
R Dodge is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 06:37 AM
  #18  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NoVa
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Glad to see there is progress towards making this idea a reality
tekin112000 is offline  
Old 07-27-2017, 02:49 PM
  #19  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Still working on a lot of things for this series, but wanted to get the rules that we have in place out there. Please see attached for the current rule set. I've also attached to the first post in this thread.

Thanks again to all the tracks and racers that have shown support and interest so far!
you can't bring your own set of USGT tires? they have to be bought at each event?
k_bojar is offline  
Old 07-27-2017, 06:24 PM
  #20  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
GrandeGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 3,322
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Is the spec motor 13.5 or 17.5?
GrandeGixxer is offline  
Old 07-28-2017, 02:27 AM
  #21  
Suspended
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,948
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar
you can't bring your own set of USGT tires? they have to be bought at each event?
For racing the event, yes. This promotes an equal playing field as nobody should have any tires that they've worn or ground into the "sweet spot." Grinding the surface outside of the mold ring is illegal anyway. You would only need to purchase 1 set, as most probably will do. You may practice on whatever you want.

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Is the spec motor 13.5 or 17.5?
Testing 13.5 with fixed FDR. Obviously the Team Powers motor at 5.0 is legit so far, but I have another option that I am exploring before committing to anything.

Thanks guys!
GrandeGixxer likes this.
R Dodge is offline  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:04 AM
  #22  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R Dodge
For racing the event, yes. This promotes an equal playing field as nobody should have any tires that they've worn or ground into the "sweet spot." Grinding the surface outside of the mold ring is illegal anyway. You would only need to purchase 1 set, as most probably will do. You may practice on whatever you want.
i get your point, but the whole purpose of the spec USGT tires was it the 'right tire' all the time. Hell, i've done the southern nationals and didn't have to buy tires for that event onsite

so, and this is probably just me, for me to run the one or 2 events near me (since traveling is not an option anymore), i'd have to buy a 3rd set of other tires to go with my one event set, and one never run set?

Robbie - i think you are over thinking this series. remember back in the day with the ORL2, or ORL, or whichever traveling series you might have run then - this was never a requirement (even in the days when foams ruled)

for what its worth, i was considering this as my gradual re-entry into more regular racing again but this seriously puts running any event in this series as questionable - again, that's probably just me but i'm probably not the only one who doesn't see the need for marked tires to be bought a 6 or 7 race series. hell even Tamiya doesn't make you buy 'marked' sets for their series outside of the nationals in California
k_bojar is offline  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:31 AM
  #23  
Suspended
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,948
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i get your point, but the whole purpose of the spec USGT tires was it the 'right tire' all the time. Hell, i've done the southern nationals and didn't have to buy tires for that event onsite

so, and this is probably just me, for me to run the one or 2 events near me (since traveling is not an option anymore), i'd have to buy a 3rd set of other tires to go with my one event set, and one never run set?

Robbie - i think you are over thinking this series. remember back in the day with the ORL2, or ORL, or whichever traveling series you might have run then - this was never a requirement (even in the days when foams ruled)

for what its worth, i was considering this as my gradual re-entry into more regular racing again but this seriously puts running any event in this series as questionable - again, that's probably just me but i'm probably not the only one who doesn't see the need for marked tires to be bought a 6 or 7 race series. hell even Tamiya doesn't make you buy 'marked' sets for their series outside of the nationals in California
There are only 4 events which will be separated by at least a month. If you attend 2 of the events, you would only be purchasing 2 sets of tires that you could then use to club race for however long you wish after that, so I'm not really understanding what you're asking in the red text above.

The rules are designed to promote fairness, but I do want to keep the series fun & not have rules be overbearing. I look at it this way though, is it fun to be competing against folks who have worked on 3 or 4 sets of USGT tires to be in the perfect wear range for a day of racing? IDK, I wouldn't think that's fun.

Also, the track benefits. All tire sales will be through the track/hobby shop. Support that they will appreciate for sure.

I hope that helps clear things up
R Dodge is offline  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:45 AM
  #24  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R Dodge
There are only 4 events which will be separated by at least a month. If you attend 2 of the events, you would only be purchasing 2 sets of tires that you could then use to club race for however long you wish after that, so I'm not really understanding what you're asking in the red text above.

The rules are designed to promote fairness, but I do want to keep the series fun & not have rules be overbearing. I look at it this way though, is it fun to be competing against folks who have worked on 3 or 4 sets of USGT tires to be in the perfect wear range for a day of racing? IDK, I wouldn't think that's fun.

Also, the track benefits. All tire sales will be through the track/hobby shop. Support that they will appreciate for sure.
so basically, i would need a new set of USGT (in this case) for each event i'd be at? i get support the track and potential fairness, but how is a new set for each event NOT overbearing?

what i meant in the red text, is running just one event would give me (and only me) a 3rd set of USGT tires that had minimal runs on them. i get $25/set of tires isn't a 'big' deal, but when they don't wear out like normal TC tires do - having all those 'spares' for club racing only adds to the 'not fun' part you mentioned in your response to me (racing against the guy with 3 or 4 sets of tires to choose from)

you know i've been around for a while, and pretty much run in every kind of series we've hard on the east coast/mid-atlantic, so i'm not some sticker shocked newbie with this. 4 races or not, requiring a new purchase of tires at each event is more of a burden than you might expect (heck even outdoor racing doesn't require new tires each club race, or new tires each year assuming no change to the spec tire), but this series does require new tires at each event (if i totally misunderstood your response here, then please correct me - don't mind being wrong in understanding your comment)

i'm not attacking your plans, just trying to point out some things that don't make a whole lot of sense
k_bojar is offline  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:52 AM
  #25  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (29)
 
Sam Isaacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i get your point, but the whole purpose of the spec USGT tires was it the 'right tire' all the time. Hell, i've done the southern nationals and didn't have to buy tires for that event onsite

so, and this is probably just me, for me to run the one or 2 events near me (since traveling is not an option anymore), i'd have to buy a 3rd set of other tires to go with my one event set, and one never run set?

Robbie - i think you are over thinking this series. remember back in the day with the ORL2, or ORL, or whichever traveling series you might have run then - this was never a requirement (even in the days when foams ruled)

for what its worth, i was considering this as my gradual re-entry into more regular racing again but this seriously puts running any event in this series as questionable - again, that's probably just me but i'm probably not the only one who doesn't see the need for marked tires to be bought a 6 or 7 race series. hell even Tamiya doesn't make you buy 'marked' sets for their series outside of the nationals in California
This is the current standard for all real races. I would be very skeptical if you didn't have to buy tires at the track.
godzukihop likes this.
Sam Isaacs is offline  
Old 07-28-2017, 12:02 PM
  #26  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sam Isaacs
This is the current standard for all real races. I would be very skeptical if you didn't have to buy tires at the track.

major multi-day events (IIC, Reedy Race, Halloween classic), that draw drivers from all over, or qualifies you for something with bigger impact (ROAR/IFMAR etc) - then most definitely force everyone to use the same tires and from the same batch.

a 4 race series, doesn't quite match up to that - and that's not offense to what Robbie is trying to put together and turn this into

like i said, i'm sure i'm in the minority here - was just disappointed to see that marked tires were needed and then to (and i hope i'm wrong) need a new set for each race i would make
k_bojar is offline  
Old 07-28-2017, 12:20 PM
  #27  
Suspended
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,948
Default

If anyone else has any objection to the current usgt tire rule I would be open to hearing it. I still think the current rule is best for promoting fairness and fun/close racing.
gearhead_22 and godzukihop like this.
R Dodge is offline  
Old 07-28-2017, 12:43 PM
  #28  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
godzukihop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Curious where was the outrage when NJ/Tire-Gate was going on last year. Exact same thing.
godzukihop is offline  
Old 07-28-2017, 12:48 PM
  #29  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
godzukihop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R Dodge
If anyone else has any objection to the current usgt tire rule I would be open to hearing it. I still think the current rule is best for promoting fairness and fun/close racing.
Robbie, No problem what so ever with the rules.
I race @ JMR every weekend and do travel to a few out of town races during the season.
I have supported your races in the past by actually attending and racing and will continue to do the same.

BTW had to buy new tires for the Halloween Classic and Stock Wars.
No problem with doing the same with the upcoming season.
godzukihop is offline  
Old 07-28-2017, 01:15 PM
  #30  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
godzukihop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

On a personal note, I am very happy to see On-Road being developed and promoted in a New Multi Race format.

I appreciate Robbie attempting to grow On-Road on the East Coast and will do everything I can to help this series to be successful.

If I had a problem with or disagreed with something I would have sent Robbie a PM.
godzukihop is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.