R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Mid Atlantic RC Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/mid-atlantic-rc-racing-116/)
-   -   USVTA Racing in the Mid Atlantic Area? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/mid-atlantic-rc-racing/970620-usvta-racing-mid-atlantic-area.html)

NomadRacer 12-10-2016 10:04 AM

USVTA Racing in the Mid Atlantic Area?

Looking for a chance to join some USVTA racing in the Mid Atlantic area.

I've been slowly building up an Associated TC4... almost ready :nod:

SMcD 12-10-2016 01:42 PM

Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia - RCRNV club - races outdoor asphalt at Osbourne High School in Manassas on Sundays during the spring through fall. Check them on Facebook "Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia". They have a good group and USVTA is one of the larger classes run there. USVTA rules. F1 is also big - 21.5 motors. Mod and 17.5 TC, etc.

NomadRacer 12-11-2016 05:24 AM

Thanks for the info. It'll be a bit of a road trip for me but doable.

Casey 12-11-2016 02:54 PM

A quick Message for a race that will include VTA

Thanks Guys,
Yes , we got a TCS date , we have been working behind the scenes to bring this tradition back to the Maryland area. This is also in conjunction with the Original team that brought TCS to Maryland back in 1995, HobbyWorks will be our associate store for TCS..as some may recall, Mike Brey( owner of HobbyWorks ) and I hosted the series starting in 1995.. wow.. so long ago.. We are Happy to have it back.

SlowBirds !-
Yes, We announcd the Slowbirds a while ago... Several months ago I connected with John Brown owner ( Brownies Hobbies ) , Al Sadano ( former Horsham and current Jackson RC ) and Ray Murray ( for the Music ! ) We all agreed to carry on the Slowbirds Tradition..and that we will , look for unique announcements coming soon for this race ...It will be Different for sure.

Thanks to all that are supporting 180 Raceway, we appreciate it..
see you at the track

AMZ 03-03-2017 11:56 AM

We are racing VTA at JMW Motorsports , see their Facebook page for times and dates.

Its pretty cool to race on a REAL [retired] racetrack, he sets up a road course in the backstretch and into turn4. TrackMate transponders , lots of fun , very laid back.

AMZ 03-03-2017 12:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by AMZ (Post 14857536)
We are racing VTA at JMW Motorsports , see their Facebook page for times and dates.

Its pretty cool to race on a REAL [retired] racetrack, he sets up a road course in the backstretch and into turn4. TrackMate transponders , lots of fun , very laid back.

Also running the Corvette Challenge cars 7-8 of them.

With that and a bunch of VTAs , and a few Legends , its a good time.

Flagler 03-03-2017 02:07 PM

Retired racetrack? Southside Speedway is still in operation, isn't it?

NomadRacer 03-04-2017 05:00 AM

JMW Motorsports... sounds like I could do that this summer.

NomadRacer 03-04-2017 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by AMZ (Post 14857536)

Is this the transponder I will need?

Transponder - Trackmate Racing

AMZ 03-04-2017 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by NomadRacer (Post 14858176)
Is this the transponder I will need?

Transponder - Trackmate Racing

Yes , that is the transponder.

NomadRacer 03-04-2017 07:35 AM

AMZ, thanks for the reply. I will go ahead and get one on order.

AMZ 03-07-2017 10:48 AM

Looks like we MIGHT be snowed out for Sunday, lets just hope it all passes north of us.

AMZ 03-15-2017 08:05 AM

4 Attachment(s)
About half of us showed up Sunday , it was chilly. We raced VTA and had controlled practice for the Corvette Challenge cars.

We are going to be running VTA every other Sunday , so as not to get burned out, and to be able to make plans around it.
Also , planning on a couple of NIGHT RACES this summer , for when the heat of the summer peaks , and its too hot to run in the daytime.

Although it was cold, we had a great time , and AJ whooped everyone and lapped the field with his ancient TC4.

NomadRacer 03-16-2017 06:27 AM

OK, Trackmate transponder rcvd from Canada last night. Thanks to AMZ for send me a few pics on mounting.

I've read the VTA rules that state you must have 4 numbers on the car. Can I use whatever number I like? I'm partial to the #7...

AMZ 03-16-2017 09:19 AM

Any number will do.