R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Mid Atlantic RC Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/mid-atlantic-rc-racing-116/)
-   -   180 Raceway - Carpet Racing - Baltimore, MD (https://www.rctech.net/forum/mid-atlantic-rc-racing/962057-180-raceway-carpet-racing-baltimore-md.html)

GrandeGixxer 10-16-2016 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by scooterman1995 (Post 14702980)
Hope everyone has a good time tomorrow. Wish I could make it, but my dad and I are dealing with some unexpected car troubles. Had to get her towed home from the side of 100 last night. Died on us while driving, but its been having a problem where the starter cranks but doesn't turn the engine over. We have had to unplug the battery because something draws on it when its off, probably for a year and a half now. But after it died on the road, it acted like it was for the past couple of weeks with cranking but not starting. Not sure what's going on, but definitely need to get the real car straightened out before I can make it up.

Someone try to get some videos of the action!!! :tire::nod::tire:

Starter solenoid.

Casey 10-16-2016 08:44 AM

Thanks to all for attending, good kickoff to the season..

overheard these statements yesterday:
" 180 Raceway is where Champions perfect their craft "
" Really dig the laid back but timely atmosphere"
" I had a fast guy help me with my car "
" I had fun "

Thanks to all..
Note
at first, when we discussed spec tires for 12th scale , I was a bit afraid that they would be a handful on our " medium grip track "...
We trusted the feedback from racers, both local , and from across the country..
Happy to say they worked...really well....
spec tires take out the expense of racing, I have soo many sets of old 12thscale tires, because I " thought " they would work.. I have a box full of well spent $ on potential..
My car did feel different from what I used to run ( blue rear ) , I was trying to explain the difference to Robbie, and he said " What you are saying is a good thing, it frees up the car to rotate" I just need to not get behind on steering it..

Spec Tires for
Sedan
Usgt
12th scale
= good in my book

CY8Racer 10-16-2016 08:46 AM

It was great to have more people come out this week. Looks like people are starting to come in for the winter. Where else can you race against so many national champion drivers in one place at one time. Truly amazing. Looking forward to next weekend.

Sam Isaacs 10-16-2016 10:11 AM

Amazing job by Robbie, Casey and Craig for all the work they have put into 180 Raceway! The track and facility are as great as ever. Layout from Danny is excellent as well!

Definitely a fun, laid-back racer atmosphere and a good time for everyone.

See everyone soon! :nod:

tekin112000 10-16-2016 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sam Isaacs (Post 14704610)
Amazing job by Robbie, Casey and Craig for all the work they have put into 180 Raceway! The track and facility are as great as ever. Layout from Danny is excellent as well!

Definitely a fun, laid-back racer atmosphere and a good time for everyone.

See everyone soon! :nod:

THIS!

hanulec 10-16-2016 10:53 AM

I even hear Sam Isaacs was a guest announcer ..
So happy to see this facility reborn.
Making plans to visit.. cya soon

GrandeGixxer 10-16-2016 04:12 PM

What are the popular cars for TC and 12th scale?

Everything is 17.5 blinky?

Sam Isaacs 10-16-2016 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by hanulec (Post 14704639)
I even hear Sam Isaacs was a guest announcer ..
So happy to see this facility reborn.
Making plans to visit.. cya soon

I have some mad skills on the mic, but prepare to be heckled. :sweat::D

See everyone in 2 weeks. I know of a few more who will be out to 180 as well that weekend.

godzukihop 10-16-2016 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sam Isaacs (Post 14705031)
I have some mad skills on the mic, but prepare to be heckled. :sweat::D

See everyone in 2 weeks. I know of a few more who will be out to 180 as well that weekend.

"SKILLS" You starting to like that nickname, hey? :sneaky::eek::D:nod:

Sam Isaacs 10-17-2016 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer (Post 14704919)
What are the popular cars for TC and 12th scale?

Everything is 17.5 blinky?

Yup, so far everything TC and 12th has been 17.5 Blinky.

Sam

Phil....haha...maybe it will stick.

TJames987 10-17-2016 11:29 AM

if all goes to plan two slow-guys will be coming out Sat 29th for 1/12 action.

Its a road trip from the N.Va area but well worth it for rug racing.! :batman:

Casey 10-17-2016 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by TJames987 (Post 14705723)
if all goes to plan two slow-guys will be coming out Sat 29th for 1/12 action.

Its a road trip from the N.Va area but well worth it for rug racing.! :batman:

Sweet, more the merrier with 12th scale !,
We do have the spec tires in stock, however that will be our last weekend for open tire, so you can burn through what ever you have left.
We have a truer station on site as well

GrandeGixxer 10-17-2016 05:13 PM

What are the best cars in kit form(without hop ups). I am looking at the following: Sedan: Schumacher MI6, Xray T4 '17 and the Gizmo GZ1. I have heard that the MI6 is a little fat?

12th scale: Xray '17, whatever the latest CRC is or wait for the Corally to come out?

It'll probably be around Christmas by the time I get everything together. Maybe a little sooner. :)

geeunit1014 10-17-2016 05:21 PM

For sedan, Xray is the best option on your list. Most guys at 180 run either Xray or Awesomatix, one of those would be your best bet.

12th I think is a little more varied with what guys have, but it's harder to make a bad choice.. just stick with the popular options ;)

GrandeGixxer 10-17-2016 06:26 PM

Cool, thanks Mike.