Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tiltyard 2016

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

It's not looking good. We've had a lot of rain also. I will make a decision by tomorrow night for the long distance travelers on what's going to happen or not going to happen.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll stop on the way down and get some wood chips and a rake. We can make it happen

Change the entry fee to $20 and a bag of wood chips or sawdust. If a bunch of people could bring rakes or leaf blowers we could get the track ready in a few hours with some help. I remember last year once we got the chips raked and blown off the track was raceable pretty quick.

Im down to help work on the track all day Friday if I have to.

Last edited by PTP Racing; 05-11-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Okay some times you have to put your big girl panties on and make a call. I making the call early to give everyone the time to reschedule this weekend. The Tiltyard season opener is CANCELED. Next race at the Tiltyard will be a club race on May 21. The opener date will be moved to May 28 and the ROAR date is the next week June 4. So three weekends in a row, maybe we can get one in. I did not take this decision lightly, in fact it has been killing me for two weeks now. I will not present an inferior product and trust me the track just isn't right with all this rain. I am very sorry for those who this as effected. I gave it my all, smile emoticon
Old 05-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Oh well. Im bummed but cant say Im surprised.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

o well 3 weekends in a row ...may be a challenge
Old 05-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Attention racers, You ask for a two day race memorial weekend. I made a sign up on www.rcsignup.com. If you guys or girls get me 100 paid entries before next weekend, so racers can make plans. I will do the two day event. Right now we are only 95 entries away. Search Tiltyard Memorial Weekend Opener on RC Sign up. All money is transferable to another race in the event of bad weather. I will do some small awards for the top 5. The Powder Puff class is there waiting for you ladies.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Jay I got you entry. thank you
Old 05-15-2016, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will be down for the June 4th race. And others.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

thank you
Old 05-16-2016, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

After two weeks of nothing to do but watch it rain and watch my chances of having the opener wash away. I had lots of time to think about racing A new rule that I will use during the 2016 season when it comes to turn marshaling is this and I hope other tracks adapt to doing the same thing. It's simple, I will not waste anymore time calling for marshals that are suppose to be on the track. There usually are enough guys that show up to get the job done. What I will do though is this, if you do not marshal when it's your turn, when you race next, I will instruct all marshals that you did not marshal last time and your car will not be marshaled during your race. So if you do not want to marshal,cool, but I suggest you do not require the service of one while you are racing. Because you will not get it. I will instruct marshals to turn your car over in an out of the way space if you wreck. If you do not marshal your last race and go home. I will get you the first race you do come back, in your first qualifier. Also pitting for some one is not an excuse to not marshal if it is your turn. Racers should not expect some one who is suppose to marshal to be their pit man. If you want to pit some one, tell me who your replacement marshal is or you should be out there. If for some reason, not my car is broke and I need to fix it, you can't marshal come and see me in the booth These are the basics of racing.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Haha - I like it, but it puts the turn marshal in a predicament because they have to levy the punishment on the racer, which suddenly makes it a personal thing (and they might not even know the dude).

I've always thought that docking a lap was a great way to encourage marshaling. I've been racing on and off since the early 90s or so; I have yet to see it happen. I'm sure it has ... but so rarely.

Any penalty should be no warnings, just deduct the lap. Everyone knows the deal. Sportsman might be an exception since they're still new.

Also, have a thread on RCTech on the MidAtlantic section to indicate who missed their marshal duties. Then if they're at a race at another track then the penalty follows them. But all the area tracks need to get on the same page .. which could be another challenge! ROFL

Doubtful to make the Memorial race .... see ya at the World's if not!
Old 05-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Marshal

Try this:
Marshal the 2nd race prior to your scheduled to race. Example, I'm in race 10. I bring my car up to the warm up table at race 8 and go marshal. After marshaling I start my car and warm up during race 9. Then I race in race 10. If a racer in race 10 didn't marshal race 8 he doesn't get to race 10. No docking of laps which never happens. After the your race go on your merry way and chat or fix cars what ever.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Too much rain, not enough sun, terrible weekend forecast.Local weather says a washout for Friday night into Saturday. There will be no racing at the Tiltyard this weekend. Our next chance is Saturday May 28. Hopefully that will be the season opener. We've only got 3 days to get the 100 preregistered on RC sign UP. Right now we are falling way short of that, so it's looking like a 1 day race. I will make that final decision on Friday night. thank you and sorry again.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by criss2115
Try this:
Marshal the 2nd race prior to your scheduled to race. Example, I'm in race 10. I bring my car up to the warm up table at race 8 and go marshal. After marshaling I start my car and warm up during race 9. Then I race in race 10. If a racer in race 10 didn't marshal race 8 he doesn't get to race 10. No docking of laps which never happens. After the your race go on your merry way and chat or fix cars what ever.
Marshaling before your race is always harder than it is after. Everyone is always doing last minute this and that and they either forget or just don't care.
A couple of the big races do the 2nd one after your race which worked out pretty good. Gives you time to put your gear up, take a breath, grab a drink or what ever. Then you go and check in at the booth with the RD or an assistant before you go out to the track. They check your name off, you marshal and done. Seen Scotty E do this at Motorama when they ran nitro. He gave everyone one shout out, then docked laps. People showed up real quick when it happened to a couple of the Pro guys...

What ever you decide, there will always be that one person though. Hope the weather cooperates next weekend!
Old 05-18-2016, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Homer the rcsignup site isnt the easiest site to figure out. Im trying to submit my entry but I have to create a whole profile for my car to do it.

Put the list here and let us paypal you and Im sure we can get a lot more people to sign up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.