Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Critters Halloween FreakFest - Trophy Race - October 25th 2015 - Fairfield NJ >

Critters Halloween FreakFest - Trophy Race - October 25th 2015 - Fairfield NJ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Critters Halloween FreakFest - Trophy Race - October 25th 2015 - Fairfield NJ

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 06:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Tighten those wheel nuts,
Glue up those tires
Paint those bodies
Charge the Lipos
Wash you favorite racing socks.

Critters Racing tomorrow. Looking forward to a great day of drama free racing.

Door opening EXTRA early at 7am for CONTROLLED practice.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:20 AM
Tech Initiate

What time will racing start? 8am, or some time after?
Old 10-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by relay1
What time will racing start? 8am, or some time after?
10am.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tobamiester
10am.
Awesome, thanks!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:08 AM
Tech Lord

Thanks to everyone who came out to race with us yesterday. 90 entries starting around 10am, 3 rounds of qualifiers and mains and out around 6.30pm

All results posted here: http://live.liverc.com/177-Critters_Raceway/
Old 10-26-2015, 05:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

Critters Halloween Freakfest is now in the books.....

Great time was had by everyone.....90 entries took to Critter's great indoor surface for some sunday action..

Now onto the racing......

Wheeler action saw yours truly attempt to redeem myself with a c main victory over Randy Chiappata and Darren slywa.. B main action would not prove so good for me as Jermaine (i iike off road better) Mitchell claimed the B main victory over the hard charging pair of Frank Depasquale and the always fast Andrew Rizzo....James Cranmer dominate the field of 20 buggies with some consistant driving and smart decisions on setup..next time you see James, ask him what his shock setup is as it worked really well. Tj Eller came in a close second for his team Associated/Fdj motorsport b44.3 over the hard charging Toby Hamson and that really fast Durango. it was great to see Jay Zellner and the most improved driver of the year, Dario Kart in the big show...great run...

4wd sct really put on a show as Aldo decided that charging batteries may not be his best talent these days..but he still put it in the big show for a 4th place finish while the top 3 couldnt decide who wanted to win while toby and rich ford were wondering why Dave Gallagher and Steve Kovach went faster today..Great win for Dave with Steve in hot pursuit and Mike Costa rounding out the podium...nice run fellas.

Stock Buggy action was fast and fierce as the tech barn was kept busy with these quick racers...b main action saw a stellar/spectacular/ crowd favorite Eric (E-buns?) Bunyan snatch victory away from area fast guy Rick Loesch..great main to watch with those two battling while Uncle Tony Russo decided to test the strength of the yellow pipes...A main would not disappoint the crowd as Brad Ludwig found himself stuffed into a Cranmer sandwich that he could not escape from....James made it interesting towards the end by flipping his car just to make the main close...Great double win for James Cranmer and DJ taking in the third spot. Lance brings it in fourth with that shiny new 24k motor with Dario Kart steadily catching the field...

Mod buggy action..B main saw the emergence of another future star and crowd favorite...our own east coast version of Rhonda Drake, Jodi Eller.....Jodi just took the field down and took no prisoners on a mistake free run that even Culbertson couldnt believe....great win. A main action Andrew Rizzo starting on the coveted pole position with Tj Eller and Jake Eby planning their attack from second and third spot...Tj took the helm and never gave it back on a great victory run with that AE b5m....Andrew Rizzo finished a solid second place with Jake Eby taking a well deserved third place finish...it was great to see racers like Jay Zellner and Jermaine Mitchell back to top form at this event as they rounded out the a main finishers, and of course, we cannot forget crowd favorite Jodi Eller as well...nice main.

2wd sct would be quite the main....i had to check my eyes afterwards after seeing nothing but white cars in the A main..but i think it was a well devised plan by some of the front runners, or a protest not to have Aldo paint for them personally, i'd rather have one of those really cool Aldo paint schemes...but hey, those paintjobs were probably inspired by Jason Snyder somehow. anyway, racing action was fierce..B main action had Darren slywka show the field that he wanted the A main more than the others with a solid victory over Morty and Mariano..nice run...A main would be quite the event..Brad Ludwig must have put snow chains on to clear through the whiteout on the track and put some multi color paintjobs on the podium...Brad proved that he's as fast as Jim Hustins and beat the team trinity guy , yeah, Lance Cranmer and Andrew Rizzo also decided that white shouldnt be the dominant color on the podium by placing a solid third place..

Mod truck action was great...once again crowd favorite Jodi Eller takes down the B main and wants to show the big boys how to race in the big show... A main action had Jay Zellner put on a very impressive drive over the hard charging Dario Cangiolosi and Ted Stryker....i think Culbertson was happy that he finished ahead of Jodi, but we all know that wont last for long..Rich Ford, Matt Nevoso, Rick Loesch and Jodi brought in the field..nice race.

So there you have it ....Great day of racing...everyone had a great time...no controversy....thanks to Toby-Rich Ford-JayZellner-Jake Eby and of course-Aldo and Richie for giving us a great place to race....No long faces, no arguing or shenanigans made for an awesome raceday, regardless of the Jets losing (had to say it Uncle Tony).

see everyone soon.......let's race..
Old 10-27-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Big thanks to everyone involed for putting on a great day of racing. Fish and Chips ran a fast and smooth program all day. Track crew kept the track consisntant all day.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tedstryker
Big thanks to everyone involed for putting on a great day of racing. Fish and Chips ran a fast and smooth program all day. Track crew kept the track consisntant all day.
Thanks Ted. Was a great event, props to Zellner and Ford on the MC too.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Lord

A-mains

2WD Mod Buggy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzwWXBpfQQg
2WD Stock Buggy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubA4XZ--I84
4WD Mod Buggy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1K-9Npiric
4WD Mod SCT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQHTWENjZ28
2WD Mod SCT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1wJRXJJ01w
2WD Mod Truck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdF0SzALhjc
Old 10-29-2015, 04:37 PM
Tech Lord