Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
2015 Trains and Lanes Outdoor Offroad Racing - Easton, PA >

2015 Trains and Lanes Outdoor Offroad Racing - Easton, PA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Trains and Lanes Outdoor Offroad Racing - Easton, PA

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mv91pony
Its going to be a very good season for sure. Rama came and went fast. Season will be here fast also. Time to stock up on nitro gear. Cant wait to fire um up.
Yep!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2015!

Just got done building the new buggies! Work schedule has been cleared up for the race season baby! Just got down to the shop the other day and picked up a new hobbywing motor/ESC..any suggestions on batteries?
Old 02-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Talon8T
Just got done building the new buggies! Work schedule has been cleared up for the race season baby! Just got down to the shop the other day and picked up a new hobbywing motor/ESC..any suggestions on batteries?
SMC 4S packs are hard to beat in the dollar and performance departments
Old 02-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DAK MACH
SMC 4S packs are hard to beat in the dollar and performance departments
Lol i agree. Hard to get. I tried. They were sold out . Went with dialed rc 60 c packs . More like 90 c packs. Great buy. Just puttin it out there. Lots of punch for your money,
Old 03-02-2015, 07:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Super excited to race another season at T&L!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

just a heads up that if you are planning to run any ROAR Races, Danny (SMC) is only submitting the 6500's that are currently on his site for ROAR approval. The 5000's will not be submitted. I had all 5000's so I had to grab a 6500 in case they tech my blazing fast super awesome car that wins every race just on sheer looks alone
Old 03-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Subscribed. Hope to make the opener !!
Old 03-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
just a heads up that if you are planning to run any ROAR Races, Danny (SMC) is only submitting the 6500's that are currently on his site for ROAR approval. The 5000's will not be submitted. I had all 5000's so I had to grab a 6500 in case they tech my blazing fast super awesome car that wins every race just on sheer looks alone
Old 03-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Subscribed. Hope to make the opener !!
Sweet! Hope you can make it! The more the better!
Old 03-04-2015, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

2015 Regional Schedule had been updated.
http://tandlracing.com/index.php/rac...onal-schedule/
Old 03-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

We’ll its almost time for the outdoor season again. Really hoping we are headed for even a better season than we had last year. Like always the 1\8 electric racers will take the short coming on the track even though we pay the exact same amount as the 1\8 nitro drivers. Seems like when it comes to the mains the electric guys and gals get shorted on track time even though double A’s and triple A’s are always a possibility. I know we have the choice to run nitro, but we choose not to, just as some of the nitro people choose not to run electric.

I have thought of some of the cures for the problem but I already know they won’t please everyone and probably upset some of the track owners and other drivers. I guess you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time.

Track owners, run two qualifiers instead of three and add double or triple A’s for the electric classes. We will still get the same run time as if you had run 3 rounds and mains. Two qualifiers and a main for the nitro (20 minute main) = 30. Most qualifiers are 5 minutes and mains for electric are 10 minutes. Nitro = 2 X 5 min qualifiers + 20 min Main = 30 minutes. Electric = 2 X 5 min qualifiers + 2 X 10 min mains = 30 minutes. This looks much better to me and should make the program work much smoother. If the nitro mains are going to be 30 minutes then add a main to the 1\8 electric classes. This gives everyone the same time on the track.

The track owners could lower the price for the electric classes. Like $5.00 less per class to make up for less track time or charge the nitro $5.00 more for the added track time.

The next would take a little work with the RC Pro program but I know it can be done. It was showed to me by one of the track owners. Have the electric buggy marshal for the electric truggy and the electric truggy marshal for the electric buggy. This would also work for the nitro classes for the mains. This will end the complaint that the electric has to marshal the longer mains for the nitro. This is a constant complaint I have heard over and over by many people.

I am posting this on multiple RC Tech track pages. I hope it doesn’t cause too many problems, just trying to make things fair for everyone.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 03-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Put your popcorn away Flagler

Everyone knows how we do things at Trains. The program format is in the first post of this thread. There are plenty of choices when it comes to classes to race. Everyone should keep that in mind if you like something about one class vs. another. Nitro has it's benefits, electric has it's benefits. Run what you like. There's something for everyone

See everyone at the opener!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The way I see it is that nitro requires a much higher commitment than does electric. There is more money and time required to run it, and run it competitively. I think that nitro racers deserve more track time than us electric guys, personally.

As far as electric guys marshalling nitro, buy yourself a set of these and man up
Old 03-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flagler
The way I see it is that nitro requires a much higher commitment than does electric. There is more money and time required to run it, and run it competitively. I think that nitro racers deserve more track time than us electric guys, personally.

As far as electric guys marshalling nitro, buy yourself a set of these and man up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.