Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
PA Tri-County Summer Sizzler Offroad Series 2015 >

PA Tri-County Summer Sizzler Offroad Series 2015

PA Tri-County Summer Sizzler Offroad Series 2015

Old 02-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is going to be great! Cannot wait!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Lightbulb Just a thought right now.....

Watering down classes is something I'm not a fan of, but with the huge E-buggy turnout at last year's series races and 4x4 sct dwindling, there's a lot of newer guys and youngsters getting into E-buggy. I am considering having an E-buggy and E-buggy Expert class for this series. What does everyone think?

If we go with splitting the class, I'll also be looking for some ideas on how to police it.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This series kicked a$$ last year...I can't wait to do it again! Thanks to the hosting tracks and series organizers (DAK!) for putting this together again.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DAK MACH
Watering down classes is something I'm not a fan of, but with the huge E-buggy turnout at last year's series races and 4x4 sct dwindling, there's a lot of newer guys and youngsters getting into E-buggy. I am considering having an E-buggy and E-buggy Expert class for this series. What does everyone think?

If we go with splitting the class, I'll also be looking for some ideas on how to police it.
I think the need to police it, answers the question...
You could set up a rookie ebuggy class, less $, no points, pay outs or awards. If the intent is to let more people 'win' then my $0.02 is no.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would love to see an Expert and an Intermediate class. Here's a couple simple guidelines:

-Top 5 finishers in Intermediate MUST run Expert next season.

-If the race directors feel that after the first race someone is racing in Intermediate but should be in Expert, they move said person to Expert and give him/her points total equal to where his winning time would be. Meaning if you win the main with 10 laps in 10:10 and that time would have made you 6th in the Expert main, you get points for 6th in Expert class and are bumped up. For the most part, we all know each other and each other's abilities. The only exceptions should be if someone new to the area joins the series.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Resort after the first round of heats and your class separation is somewhat done. You already have a novice class
Old 02-03-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Resort after the first round of heats and your class separation is somewhat done. You already have a novice class
That's a good idea too!
Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default e buggy heats

Originally Posted by jmackani
I agree with the resort format. Seems fare, run the best you can and start in the main with other racers of comparable speed. I usually stay in sportsman class. I know I'm not as fast as the pro level drivers. If you do split the class's I think any driver with sponsorship of any kind should automatically be in the pro division. Come on spring!
Old 02-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jim D.
I agree with the resort format. Seems fare, run the best you can and start in the main with other racers of comparable speed. I usually stay in sportsman class. I know I'm not as fast as the pro level drivers. If you do split the class's I think any driver with sponsorship of any kind should automatically be in the pro division. Come on spring!
And it saves time in overall race program for the day.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

I will make sure Mike brings his lap top power cord ...... NOT
Old 02-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

we do resort already .wow will there is nothing wrong with the power cord i used it all season smart a$$. lol .I need to be nice to my part tine racedirect.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

I'm sure anyway will lead to great racing!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mar34r
I need to be nice to my part time racedirect.
You're talking about me right?
Old 02-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yea buddy
Old 02-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Nice, I'll join the fun this year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.