Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition" >

SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jones Auto
Looking forward to racing at your track Ray. I raced with Will this Sunday at BD. He bought a 5th scale FG. I bought an FG Sportsline 530.
Thanks man....We will be working on a 1/5th schedule soon....We want to co-ordinate with BD to make it easier for all....

marcosmecha will be our "go to" guy for the 1/5th schedule....

Plan will be to run 1/5th scale on it's own day, opposite the 1/10th schedule.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Also, with the new lanes, there will be a chance to utilize this for 1/10th as well.....

If this is the case, we would all have to pit in the hockey rink....Still working on the logistics of this....
Old 04-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Default 1/5 scale well aright!!

Cool, please let me know about the 1/5 scale racing and what classes will be running. I would enjoy coming to race formula 1 large scale racing. What classes are you having for 1/5 scale? And will you be running the 1/8 scale nitro GT cars?
Old 04-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
Cool, please let me know about the 1/5 scale racing and what classes will be running. I would enjoy coming to race formula 1 large scale racing. What classes are you having for 1/5 scale? And will you be running the 1/8 scale nitro GT cars?
Hi Carlton, we plan on running Formula 1 and Sedan. We need to iron out how we are going to race the 2WD and 4WD cars since a couple of racers have expressed concerns of the advantage that 4WD cars have over 2WD cars. I am fine with running them together but we need to all come to an agreement.

I will review the BD schedule and propose a schedule to Ray for consideration.

But one thing, you have to take a test before you are allowed to race at Wagner (joking!)
Old 04-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Marco. 5th scale onroad is new to me. If you ever get a Losi 5T offroad truck, I can help you out. Thats my expertise. Carlton was stuck calling the races on Sunday, so he couldnt help me out. My main concern is to get the car alignment specs right. Im sure Carlton and yourself can show me the ropes at the track. The track at BD was like driving on ice for us.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

If its possible, I would like to come out next Saturday or Sunday the 26th or 27th to test the car out.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marcosmecha
Hi Carlton, we plan on running Formula 1 and Sedan. We need to iron out how we are going to race the 2WD and 4WD cars since a couple of racers have expressed concerns of the advantage that 4WD cars have over 2WD cars. I am fine with running them together but we need to all come to an agreement.

I will review the BD schedule and propose a schedule to Ray for consideration.

But one thing, you have to take a test before you are allowed to race at Wagner (joking!)
Hey Marcosmecha, I am glad you are involved with the 1/5 scale program at the wagner track. You know, all you have to do is just let me know about your schedule. Will you be a running a point series? and will there some trophy races? i hope so.

I had asked earlier about 1/8 scale nitro both pan cars and 1/8 GT nitor class. will you have that class at wagner to and if so will they when?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

But one thing, you have to take a test before you are allowed to race at Wagner (joking!)[/QUOTE]

I hope the examination isn't to hard to pass. I am not that good....LOL
Old 04-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Marco. 5th scale onroad is new to me. If you ever get a Losi 5T offroad truck, I can help you out. Thats my expertise. Carlton was stuck calling the races on Sunday, so he couldnt help me out. My main concern is to get the car alignment specs right. Im sure Carlton and yourself can show me the ropes at the track. The track at BD was like driving on ice for us.
JJ (Jones) I am sorry I couldn't be more helpful for you but thank you for understanding I didn't even get to race that day and I brought all my stuff to do that. I am always willing to provide a helping hand and I wanted the race program to the best on opening day. Ray knows how I roll!.... LOL so if you want to hook up one day and travel to Wagner let me know in advance I can meet you there with Ray's permission.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Carlton. Next weekend would be great! I am going to overhaul the FG this weekend. Im putting in a 23cc motor, replacing the shock oils, and putting grease in the diff. Make sure to bring your Losi 5T with you. I will go over all the alignment specs and set the truck up for you. Get the diff fluids changed. 30,000 front 100,000 in the center 30,000 in the rear.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

If its possible, I would like to come out next Saturday or Sunday the 26th or 27th to test the car out.
Very possible....Just had a VERY busy four days with visiting relatives from halfway around the world, and haven't had a chance to look at doing some testing this weekend....Lemme check tomorrow and hope to put something together....
Old 04-16-2014, 03:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Ray. I spoke with Carlton. Hes game for next weekend also.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
I had asked earlier about 1/8 scale nitro both pan cars and 1/8 GT nitor class. will you have that class at wagner to and if so will they when?
Hi Carlton! Jury is still out on a 1/8th pan class....Still need to test to see if the track/lanes will work at those speeds....Bring yours, and we'll check it out....

1/8th GT will work nice I'm sure on this new layout, so if there is any racers interest in GT, let us know and we can factor that in too...

Oh and another BTW, these larger scales will always run clockwise....
Old 04-16-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Hi Carlton! Jury is still out on a 1/8th pan class....Still need to test to see if the track/lanes will work at those speeds....Bring yours, and we'll check it out....

1/8th GT will work nice I'm sure on this new layout, so if there is any racers interest in GT, let us know and we can factor that in too...

Oh and another BTW, these larger scales will always run clockwise....
I'm assuming that controlled pratice sessions will be implemented, since smaller cars will be running counterclockwise and larger cars clockwise... Controlled practice probably wouldn't be a bad idea if all cars were running in the same direction, now that I think about it...
Old 04-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Larger cars will be on a completely different day I believe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.