Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

THE TRACK RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

insert whitty, foul tempered comment here..........
Old 10-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Well, a phone call was made to CRC and the question was asked how to prepare the carpet for high bite. We were told to use Paragon Traction Action which is their odorless version of compound. We were told not to use Ground Effects. Sprayed every six feet from waist height and allowed to evaporate before running on the track. By sprayed I mean misted which was our intent anyway, not soaked. I personally think we should give this a try as it comes recommend by the people who distribute the carpet and this is how they prepare their track.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

all shall bow to the will of King Andrew of Losiland. As it has been spoken, let it be written.

still........a nice groove would sure be a good thing to have.
I know.......suppose a bunch of guys actually showed up and all ran their cars on the same day. Then we could all experience a "natural" groove in complete harmony. Of course that's only if you consider anything about paragon as natural. And considering what it's done to teach's mental capacity lately, perhaps it should be thought of as distinctly unnatural. The teacher does seem a little confused these days.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxx787
Andrew, I was just trying to get the traction to come up! All you had to say was I tried it, it doesnt work. But this does ect...ect.....ect............. There was no need for "You are NOT.....I would have asked Mimi first before I did anything to the track. Mimi has every right to tell me what to do with her track she ownes it.
How dare you question the Dictator of our Track!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Big Girls Dont Cry

Attention All Chucks.... The VERY OLD man is right about natural traction; if we had people coming regularly we really wouldn’t have to do this. Mimi’s has never really been known for having HIGH Bite Traction. I think we should do something about it, like what X-man is saying to do. But it wouldn’t hurt for some of the racers that post on this thread to come out as well and race. For the last 2 weeks it has just been Tom K, Sam, Austin and myself racing there Andy Moore was there last weekend. Where is everyone?? I know some guys went to Vagas so you get a week or two pass for not coming out…
Old 10-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Man....don't make me have to dust off my on-road gear....
Old 10-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll be there after the Halloween Race
Old 10-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Todd Lewis
Man....don't make me have to dust off my on-road gear....
I thought 8th scale off-road sent you in to RC retirement..
Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wow. todd lewis!!!! now there's a blast from the past. we've already got Mr. Chester coming out of retirement. any chance of another once upon a time champion making a glorious return to the ozite?? It was just a short while ago that there was a posting by Bob Dunlop. And now the Toddster too! You guys are almost making me feel like a kid again. Or perhaps that's just senility. Anyway, it's good to see that you are at least watching the tech postings. That means there's still hope and perhaps a tiny ember burning inside somewhere. PS.....the cars these days are much improved from that street weapon hoop that put a small dent in your sterling reputation. (not to mention a sizeable hole in the wall at the end of our straightaway......which was one of the more glorious and infamous moments ever at The Track). We still revere the hole.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey u head Chuck!
u forgot about Dan, he has put more laps down at Mimi's then all of us combine in the last few months,
Old 10-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vafactor
all shall bow to the will of King Andrew of Losiland. As it has been spoken, let it be written.

still........a nice groove would sure be a good thing to have.
I know.......suppose a bunch of guys actually showed up and all ran their cars on the same day. Then we could all experience a "natural" groove in complete harmony. Of course that's only if you consider anything about paragon as natural. And considering what it's done to teach's mental capacity lately, perhaps it should be thought of as distinctly unnatural. The teacher does seem a little confused these days.
Now there's your whitty, foul tempered comment.

Sorry Mr. G, but that was funny. No apology for Mr. T though.

'Losiland' <== cue rock theme song from 'A Knights Tale'

'teach's mental capacity' <== crickets chirping
Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vicko
hey u head Chuck!
u forgot about Dan, he has put more laps down at Mimi's then all of us combine in the last few months,
Yea hess you forgot about me! Ive been going there and practicing religously.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

biill your body is done, i just finished it, looks great
Old 10-12-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Roll Call...

I'm in for stock sedan...
Old 10-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

i am in for stock sedan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.