Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Cruizin With RC's Hobbystore & Raceway Waldwick, NJ >

Cruizin With RC's Hobbystore & Raceway Waldwick, NJ

Like Tree6Likes

Cruizin With RC's Hobbystore & Raceway Waldwick, NJ

Old 06-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
Hello, can you guys give me some idea of that tires work on your track for 2wd, 4wd buggies? Also, what is your stadium truck turnout like? What tires work for stadium truck?

Thanks
Small pin seems to be best holeshot and double dee also for stadium truck I would run carver front black 3ds rear or flipout rear should be enough trucks for this Sundays race!
Old 06-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Just an fyi we will be running the buggy classes but no awards will be given for this sunday's truck race. track opens at 9am and racing starts at 1pm
Attached Thumbnails Cruizin With RC's Hobbystore & Raceway Waldwick, NJ-cruizin-truck-flyer.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 04:37 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

Raceday!!!! Wednesday night is a great warmup for those of us going to the truck race on sunday....

looking forward to it.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

cannot wait for tonight...
Old 06-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I noticed your gonna run the buggies this Sunday. Being its a truck race, how do you think the buggy turn out will be?
Old 06-25-2014, 06:55 AM
Suspended

I will tell you, buggy turnout is decent and the competition is fierce for sure...
Old 06-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Slayer
I noticed your gonna run the buggies this Sunday. Being its a truck race, how do you think the buggy turn out will be?
Got a hunch it will be decent
Old 06-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Slayer
I'll be there George and so will mike .. I think
Old 06-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Suspended

the heads up qualifying alone is worth the trip.....old school r/c. At Buggymasters race, there really werent any first turn wrecks. The buggy guys handled it like pros. The pro 4 guys, well, thats another story.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Alright ya twisted my arm.......I'm comin!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Can't make it tonight, but I'll see y'all Sunday.

Was planning on running mod and 17.5 SC, but might have to bring a buggy as well based on the chatter.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

wednesday night racing results...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 06-25-2014, 08:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Cannot wait for next Wed
Old 06-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Suspended

Default Wednesday Night Club Race

Club racing on Wednesday nights at Cruizin with R/C's has defintely been the talk of the town. Once again the competition showed up and racing was fierce.

First up, 2wd Buggy. Knowing that Josh Spiewak wasnt going to race last night, the pros all turned up to tackle the Cruizin dirt. In qualifying Mario Patitucci layed down some awesome lap times with his mid motor car and easily tq'd for the evening with a stellar run. Steve Charles, Maizer, and Chris Bush rounded out the top 4 for the night in qualifying. In B main action, it was Mike Hanulec and Jay Zellner duking it out for bragging rights and in the end it was Jay and Mike bumping into the A main. I have to mention the great performance from first time racer Justin Kapp who ran some decent laps in the B main. The A main did not disappoint as the lead was swapped several times. Steve C., Steve M. and Mario traded spots but in the end it was Steve Charles securing victory with a steady drive and Maizer, Mario, Chris Bush, Jay, Dom, Mike Hanulec bringing it home. We wont mention the two on road veterans bringing up the rear of the a main.

The shortcourse guys were out in force preparing for this sunday's truck race and they took to the track with a vengeance. In first round qual. of 2wd sc (best class ever), it was Chris Bush showing the way with a very well prepared sc10 and maintained tq for the evening. Steve Charles decided to run his sc truck too low so he could skateboard the track and local Ron decided that his customers should buy all the new wheel nuts on the wall instead of him. A main action did not disappoint after Steve Charles had a brief ride height lesson from a veteran on road guy and took the victory. Great battle ensued for second as Ron must have borrowed some serrated wheel nuts and grabbed second place from the new rising star Chris Bush, with Shafiq bringing home 4th place.

Once again the Pro 4 class did not disappoint. The B main was my favorite race of the evening as a last minute entry from the Team Durango stable of Toby Hamson battled, bumped, flipped, and tested the infied surfaces on his way to victory over Phil B. and the best pit area period, Joe Scalone. if you want inspiration for your pit area, see Joe. The A main was a classic as Ron B. had to contend with the challenge of having both Jay Z. and Toby in his race. But in the end it was Ron keeping it on all fours and cruizin away with the victory. Jay Z. finished a respectable second as De Shawn and Roger are reminding Ron that they are coming for him. Great run guys.

The wheeler class was up and in A main action it was Steve Maizer making Schumacher proud with an impressive performance and proving that with skill you can clear the triple on the front straight. Roger finished a solid second and is picking his pace up quite a bit. Ron, Jason, Joe Scalone and Hanulec rounded out the field. Great run guys.

What a preview for Sunday's action. The truck race will be a classic and i see an annual event in the making. Special thanks goes out to Ron Bosco and Steve Charles, without their hard work and dedication this track would not exist
and we all have a fun place to race.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default fun night

Was a fun night as it always is here on Wednesdays. Nice race recap Dom. Great driving Steve, Mario, in 2wd and Roger in 4wd your getting there. See you Sunday 2wd & 4wd buggy and mod 2wd SCT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.