Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia  RCRNV >

Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia RCRNV

Like Tree20Likes

Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia RCRNV

Old 05-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Looking forward to Sunday
Attached Thumbnails Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia  RCRNV-006.jpg  
Old 05-22-2016, 01:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F1Jet
In that blustery cold everybody should of been spinning out, but instead the pace went up by laps and drivers decreased their lap times by not tenths but full seconds.

And watch out, the Renault-powered cars, excuse me the 25.5 motor cars, were a somehow about a second a lap faster than the 21.5 cars!

Go figure, the track design definitely had an effect and shows it isn't all about the motor. That long curing back straight was still only about one second of a 16-17 second lap time. And IMO, driveability in the midfield was really important. But just like in the real F1, not starting up front hurt and the 25.5 cars had to fight out of the mid field.

It certainly made for some interesting racing. Anybody for running all the cars together again? 14 at once in the cold was great, IMO.
I would like to qualify in smaller groups. That way I hope more cars can make it to the main. I think it would be really awesome though to run the main in a group no larger than the size of the current F1 field which is 22 cars and with no B main. (small technicality up to 26 cars can race f1 but this year there are only 11 teams 2 cars each) I think it would be a really interesting format since there is no B main hope, and it would add to the scale realism. Which why not right? We all like building scale trucks and these F1 cars are already rocking some awesome scale. Would anyone be into something like that? We could even run the F1 qualifying in the real format.

Chris is that even possible? Would anyone else be into something like that as a fun twist?
Old 05-22-2016, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Today's racing

No racing today due to rain. See everyone next Sunday.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

OOhhh. That's why F1 was so messed up last week (Sunderland).

Welp, I didn't spend $100s to race F1 this spring to put my car into a battle royale survival of the fittest contest just to make it to the mains. This is open wheel racing fellas - not a beginner's class.

I have really been spreading the word about what a wonderful, fun, and laid back - but smooth and professional racing program you guys run. I'm not sure what is going on here (in F1). So, if more racers show up with F1, we pack the quals even more? And run well into the double digits in the mains?

I quite simply didn't sign up for that. This is what is wrong with on-road. I like the KISS concept. Why mess with what isn't broken?

Old 05-22-2016, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buffalo 16
VTA Motor

SMcD,

If you can wait until next Sunday, I can provide you with a Novak Boss 25.5 motor and a glued-up set of HPI VTA wheels and tires.

Rod
Hey Rod,

Thanks again. I just caved in - rolled over and bought a 25.5t stator for VTA. F1 is eventually going that way, so I just bit the bullet.

Thanks. You are a gentleman and a scholar
Old 05-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Location: 2.5 Miles South of Pentagon, Light years from reality

SMcD

1. OK, I just may have to put a VTA car back together then.

2. I agree that:

a. 10 car heats are big enough , especially for open wheel classes.
b. Carnage and breakage runnig , as a norm , aren't why I got into RC

Rod
Old 05-22-2016, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SMcD
OOhhh. That's why F1 was so messed up last week (Sunderland).

Welp, I didn't spend $100s to race F1 this spring to put my car into a battle royale survival of the fittest contest just to make it to the mains. This is open wheel racing fellas - not a beginner's class.

I have really been spreading the word about what a wonderful, fun, and laid back - but smooth and professional racing program you guys run. I'm not sure what is going on here (in F1). So, if more racers show up with F1, we pack the quals even more? And run well into the double digits in the mains?

I quite simply didn't sign up for that. This is what is wrong with on-road. I like the KISS concept. Why mess with what isn't broken?

Good point. I am new on these forums so I am having a hard time linking the profiles here and the people from the track. Which cars do you race? And Yeah I didn't like my F1 car getting hit during qualifying and essentially being out. It kinda stinks when it is your first race weekend with a new car and it doesn't even last long enough to have a starting point for initial adjustments.

The worst thing though overall is ALL THIS EFFING RAIN. It is making me insane.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Mod roll call:
Poochy
Adrian
Tjames
Bjames
Denmark
Steve n.
Dimitri b.
D dimitri
Deacon
Sandford

Where's Roger?

Keep it clean, may the best racer win.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Since he is MIA, I will post that Bill and I are coming Sunday to race. It will be one more week before I will be in for VTA. My car needs the top plate replaced so waiting on it to arrive. I think he's got VTA ready and he'll have F1

Uhh, any of my F1 guys going to bring the grill? I'll $pring for some Italian sausage since I was caught by surprise last time
Old 05-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djgrom
Good point. I am new on these forums so I am having a hard time linking the profiles here and the people from the track. Which cars do you race? And Yeah I didn't like my F1 car getting hit during qualifying and essentially being out. It kinda stinks when it is your first race weekend with a new car and it doesn't even last long enough to have a starting point for initial adjustments.

The worst thing though overall is ALL THIS EFFING RAIN. It is making me insane.
Hopefully the rain will stay away so we can play and this is an open invite for more F1 cars to come out. We only need a few more to properly fill out both the A main AND the B main. Come on out!
Old 05-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Location: 2.5 Miles South of Pentagon, Light years from reality

We don't need no steeeenkin' top plate!

SMcD

When you run an old , tub chassis (TA05) in VTA, you don't need no top steeenkin' plate.

Yeah, I put it back together for VTA.

Rod
Old 05-27-2016, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Rod,

Thanks again. I just caved in - rolled over and bought a 25.5t stator for VTA. F1 is eventually going that way, so I just bit the bullet.

Thanks. You are a gentleman and a scholar
Hey, sounds like somebody is cashing in their engine tokens! hahaha.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Buffalo 16
We don't need no steeeenkin' top plate!

SMcD

When you run an old , tub chassis (TA05) in VTA, you don't need no top steeenkin' plate.

Yeah, I put it back together for VTA.

Rod
Used my old TA05 for 17.5 last week, fun car. The TCS race in Albany was won by a TA05, it can really scoot.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Raced all day. Up 1/2 the night. Count me in for VTA and F1
Old 05-30-2016, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Looking forward to Sunday
Ahh Ha Ha Ha! You sir are the the F1 car who has the same purple paint that I do. I was trying to figure out who the doppelganger was. Was not able to race the F1 car today though.

While today I set a new personal best of hitting as many things as I could possibly find. I can say Racing was amazing today though for everyone, lost of great passing and close calls! I got some great videos and I hope to post up a least a few second of them for your F1 viewing pleasure. Chris as always thank you for your efforts to be a community leader, with out that we wouldn't have a place to race regularly on Sunday.

And now I am sure to what most people have been waiting for the Current Points standing. : ha::blu sh:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.