Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia  RCRNV >

Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia RCRNV

Like Tree20Likes

Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia RCRNV

Old 03-11-2013, 05:18 PM
  #241  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ON THE ROCKS
The weather was perfect for our first race of the 2013 racing season. It was great to see everyone again. We had a couple new faces in the crowd as well. See everyone for the next race March 17th
I'd like to come race with you guys, is mod truck short course and 2wd or 4wd?? Also is sportsman popular or should I plan on running mod? Also what tires? Thanks.
icanttype1342 is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 10:42 AM
  #242  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 2.5 Miles South of Pentagon, Light years from reality
Posts: 577
Questions?? 1/8th TC battery

Chris,

How many cells in the 1/8th scale TCs this year?

Thanks,

Rod
Buffalo 16 is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 01:49 PM
  #243  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Virginia, USA
Posts: 499
Default

Originally Posted by Buffalo 16
Chris,

How many cells in the 1/8th scale TCs this year?

Thanks,

Rod
Its still 3s.
Stregone is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 04:30 AM
  #244  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
TJames987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,155
Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default mod

Run modified touring car. Its the best and fastest chassis to run in the parking lot. However if you dont have a 1/10 touring car theres various short course classes (not sure i understand how they are setup???)

for I touring car I suggest the Serpent s411


Originally Posted by icanttype1342
I'd like to come race with you guys, is mod truck short course and 2wd or 4wd?? Also is sportsman popular or should I plan on running mod? Also what tires? Thanks.
TJames987 is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 AM
  #245  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (56)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)
Default

I've got an ofna 1/8th gtp kit ont its way. I have hobbywing and silver arrow 1/8th escs laying around, but i need to pick up a motor to run on 3s?

Any recommendations?

Thanks
jhhack is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:11 AM
  #246  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TJames987
Run modified touring car. Its the best and fastest chassis to run in the parking lot. However if you dont have a 1/10 touring car theres various short course classes (not sure i understand how they are setup???)

for I touring car I suggest the Serpent s411
Ah finally get an answer lol thanks Tom....I already have an s411 in my cart I was just waiting on a response. Guess ill be ordering all my stuff this week. Ill need a little setup help from the james bros. Never ran on road before
icanttype1342 is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:54 AM
  #247  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 321
Default

TJames is the fastest!!!
M3CSLDreamin is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 AM
  #248  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
poochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by icanttype1342
Ah finally get an answer lol thanks Tom....I already have an s411 in my cart I was just waiting on a response. Guess ill be ordering all my stuff this week. Ill need a little setup help from the james bros. Never ran on road before
the mod crew are tentatively planning to race sunday--come on out
poochy is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 10:30 AM
  #249  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
poochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,508
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M3CSLDreamin
TJames is the fastest!!!
how does tjames get a trader rating of 83% when he only has 4 transactions?
poochy is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 01:45 PM
  #250  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
ON THE ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by icanttype1342
I'd like to come race with you guys, is mod truck short course and 2wd or 4wd?? Also is sportsman popular or should I plan on running mod? Also what tires? Thanks.
Mod truck currently is mixed with 2wd and 4wd. When there isnt enough mod trucks we run them with the 1/8 class. Sportsman truck is a popular class. They run 17.5 no boost or any RTR electronics.
ON THE ROCKS is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 01:55 PM
  #251  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
ON THE ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default points as of 3-10-13

3-10-13 spring points.pdf
ON THE ROCKS is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 01:57 PM
  #252  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
ON THE ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jhhack
I've got an ofna 1/8th gtp kit ont its way. I have hobbywing and silver arrow 1/8th escs laying around, but i need to pick up a motor to run on 3s?

Any recommendations?

Thanks
I run the castle creations 2650kv in mine. As long as you keep your motor in that neighborhood of KV you should be good.
ON THE ROCKS is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 PM
  #253  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (56)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ON THE ROCKS
I run the castle creations 2650kv in mine. As long as you keep your motor in that neighborhood of KV you should be good.
Thanks. I wouldn't have guessed that high for 3s. Good thing I asked? Safe assumption the kit tires suck? What kind of sweeps should I pick up?

Thanks for the help
jhhack is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
  #254  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jhhack
Thanks. I wouldn't have guessed that high for 3s. Good thing I asked? Safe assumption the kit tires suck? What kind of sweeps should I pick up?

Thanks for the help
That's right at 30, 000 rpms on a 3s. Not too high at all if the temps stay down which shouldnt be a problem seeing that guys run that motor off road on 4s.
icanttype1342 is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 08:42 PM
  #255  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is there enough turnout to run stock touring car each race?
icanttype1342 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.