Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia  RCRNV >

Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia RCRNV

Like Tree20Likes

Radio Control Racers of Northern Virginia RCRNV

Old 02-24-2017, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Location: 2.5 Miles South of Pentagon, Light years from reality
Default Truck class

Shivan,

- Last year , probably the most popular and successful vehicle in the "Truck" class was some version of the Slash 4x4 SCT.

- They are sturdy, parts are readily available and with a little work/tuning can be very competitive.

Rod
Old 02-25-2017, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TJames987
Wow a fast guy coming to RCRNV?!?? lol Take it easy on us slow guys!
Old 02-26-2017, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does someone bring a generator for power? Or is there a power strip tapped in to the school?

Transponders required? MyLaps Rc4 will work?
Old 02-27-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Location: 2.5 Miles South of Pentagon, Light years from reality

SHIVAN

- Chris (Race Director ) does bring a generator but it is only used to power computer/race management and PA systems.

- all others charge off their own (full scale) car battery or bring a marine deep cycle battery.

- There is a set of old AMB "house transponders" but, they are dying on the vine and won't be replaced. Don't count on them being available all the time

- My Laps transponders are being used by the majority of the racers.

- All heats and mains are 6 minutes, except for the 8 min. VTA class runs

Rod
Old 02-27-2017, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

So, after people get used to spending less $ on the Rides, then we are going to go back to the more expensive VTA tires? After Rod presented his compelling case. IMHO, odds of that happening 0.0%.

So the guys that prepared to run the VTA spec as written are SOL? Why did I and others do their due diligence to acquire the tires when available? We are penalized for being prepared. Aren't there 2 maybe three other sedan classes that are being run?

So who wants to buy me a set of Rides, so I don't have to sit out until we run the VTA tires? Color me dismayed...
Old 02-27-2017, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SMcD
So, after people get used to spending less $ on the Rides, then we are going to go back to the more expensive VTA tires? After Rod presented his compelling case. IMHO, odds of that happening 0.0%.

So the guys that prepared to run the VTA spec as written are SOL? Why did I and others do their due diligence to acquire the tires when available? We are penalized for being prepared. Aren't there 2 maybe three other sedan classes that are being run?

So who wants to buy me a set of Rides, so I don't have to sit out until we run the VTA tires? Color me dismayed...
NO one said the people that have the HPI VTA tires are being penalized. The option explored to find another tire to run if and when the VTA tires supply has depleted itself. I myself like running the VTA class and don't want it to suffer because we have no more tires to run. My thoughts were if we limit ourselves to the hpi tire and when they are gone the class will die. The ride tires were a suggestion to get us through the first series so we can reevaluate the tire shortage issue. The option to explore new tire option was not meant to hurt anyone's feelings or to penalize anyone with the vta tires. I myself have a couple sets of the vta tires but I am expiring options for those that don't have back stock.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default VTA tires

Originally Posted by ON THE ROCKS
NO one said the people that have the HPI VTA tires are being penalized. The option explored to find another tire to run if and when the VTA tires supply has depleted itself. I myself like running the VTA class and don't want it to suffer because we have no more tires to run. My thoughts were if we limit ourselves to the hpi tire and when they are gone the class will die. The ride tires were a suggestion to get us through the first series so we can reevaluate the tire shortage issue. The option to explore new tire option was not meant to hurt anyone's feelings or to penalize anyone with the vta tires. I myself have a couple sets of the vta tires but I am expiring options for those that don't have back stock.
I agree with Chris. Best to be proactive in this situation.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Broadwater
I agree with Chris. Best to be proactive in this situation.
Proactive or reactive?
Why do u guys continue to support tires that go out of stock? And thn talk about an alternative whn it goes out of stock..every season?

I blaim Chris and Rod!
Old 02-28-2017, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Poochy, every tire will go in and out of stock. Try racing F1. I get my tires from Hong Kong most of the time. Not unusual at all. People have to plan, especially when it is a known issue. Even looking at Gravity RC, it appears as if supply is limited.

Rather than just bitch about the situation, I am going to try to be of service to the group and sign up for email notifications from the larger outlets. I will let the group know as soon as the tires become available
Old 02-28-2017, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default Diva

Poochie = RC Diva. haha.

i'll be out sunday to Bash my mod car. This is just a test n tune right?

I hope the layout isn't so tight this year. There were times when lanes were only 3ft wide.. Other than that having a blast! No need to overcomplicate the layouts
Old 02-28-2017, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Poochie = RC Diva. haha.

I hope the layout isn't so tight this year. There were times when lanes were only 3ft wide.. Other than that having a blast! No need to overcomplicate the layouts
Agree, the non cwitt layouts and the spray made racing worse than no spray and having cwitt do the layout

Tjames for roar prez.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Poochie = RC Diva. haha.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SHIVAN
Does someone bring a generator for power? Or is there a power strip tapped in to the school?

Transponders required? MyLaps Rc4 will work?
I hook up my charger to my car battery for charging lipos. Easy and simple.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Default Saturday Pre-Season Get Together

For anyone interested a bunch of us will be getting together the Saturday before racing kicks off to discuss and issues, concerns or class ideas and just to hang out and enjoy some good food. Everyone is welcome.

Buffalo Wing Factory
13067 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22033

We plan to meet at 6:30pm. If you can make it please let me know no later than Friday night so I can reserve us a table big enough. Everyone is responsible for their own tab.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Best way to guarantee a good layout is to be there when the track is going down for layout input. I get there at 9am to start clearing the parking lot and then the track goes down. Just as a reminder the more people we have for set up the sooner practice starts. See everyone Sunday for some racing or Saturday night as well if you can make it for food.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.