Like Tree117Likes

John's Mobile Rc Raceway

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2019, 08:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: John's Mobile Rc Raceway
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: R Dodge
7900 Ritchie Highway
Glen Burnie, MD 21061

2019 Schedule:
Apr 20 - Test & Tune
Apr 27 - Points Race

May 04 - Points Race
May 11 - Underhill Memorial Race
May 18 - Points Race
May 25 - Club Race

Jun 01 - Points Race
Jun 08 - Club Race
Jun 15 - ROAR Paved On-Road Regional Race (Region 2)
Jun 22 - Cash Race
Jun 29 - Points Race

Jul 06 - Points Race
Jul 13 - JMR 9th Annual Charity Race
Jul 20 - Points Race
Jul 27 - Club Race

Aug 03 - Points Race
Aug 10 - Club Race
Aug 17 - Points Race
Aug 24 - Club Race
Aug 31 - Points Race

Sep 07 - Points Final
Sep 14 - CLOSED
Sep 21 - King of the Parking Lot - Cash Race

**12 Points Races w/ 2 throw-outs**

Classes:(Minimum of 5 cars to race)
Mini Cooper
F1
USVTA
Amateur 25.5 TC
USGT
13.5 Spec TC (Can-Am)
Nitro TC
Mod TC
Euro Truck
SCT

Times:
7:00 - Track Setup
9:00 - Practice
10:00 to 11:30 - Registration Open
12:00 Racing Starts

Fees:
$25 First Entry
$5 Each Additional
Novice - $10 or $5 with any paid racer.
$1 Processing fee added for Credit Cards

Rules:
  • Mini Cooper - RULES - See "M-Chassis" on page 9
  • F1 - RULES
  • Tamiya Euro Truck - RULES - See "Euro Semi-Truck GT" on page 12
  • USGT 21.5 - RULES
  • Electric TC (Mod / 21.5 / 25.5) - RULES
  • Nitro TC - RULES
  • VTA - RULES

Contact Info/Social Media:
Email [email protected]
find us at Facebook.com/john's Mobile Rcraceway

Print Wikipost

Old 07-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm going to print out that flyer about the GT class. We have a scale in the trailer so we should start doing weight also. just to keep it even MORE close Again just some thoughts to make things more fun and more legit.

John B, you will have a PM in about 3 minutes.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

ROLL CALL!

Red Cup Good Times Spec:
1) DJ Cunningham
2) Tom Lowman?
3) John fast Lane?
4) Tom Brown?
5)

Mini Cooper:
1) Dj Cunningham
2) Tom Brown?
3) John fast Lane?
4) John B?
5) Briana B?

Senior Spec?
1) Colin Cain?
2) Scott N?
3) Briana b?
4) Tyler N?
5)

Silver can race this weekend it looks like due to NATS
Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

T . Lowman new spec body , looks like 5 or if Colin puts a spec car together it would be 6 , that's a good start , time the car show gets around maybe a full heat ! Oh Yeah as Chill would say !!!
Attached Thumbnails John's Mobile Rc Raceway-toms-car-pors-004.jpg   John's Mobile Rc Raceway-toms-car-pors-005.jpg  
Old 07-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

man was it hot last saturday, the good ole boys of the Mike Gee gang are borrowing my honda genny for A/C at the nats so im only bringing lil blue. Please bring a generator if you can this week.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Cool

Originally Posted by scooterman1995 View Post
ROLL CALL!

Red Cup Good Times Spec:
1) Tom Lowman
2) John fast Lane
3) John B .
4) Tommy B
5)DJ Cunningham

Mini Cooper:
1)Briana B
2) Tommy B
3) John fast Lane
4) John B
5) Dj Cunningham - b main king !
6) Mike T
7)Brandon J

Senior Spec?
1) Colin Cain - needs a gt car : )
2) Scott N
3) Briana b
4) Tyler N
5)

Fixed

Old 07-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Porsche looks good.

Ok.... so it looks like we need to get a few of us together, do a little meeting, nail this deal down for GT. Right now it's a bit informal and we are feeling it out. But we need to get weight and gearing on point.

We can either do this for weight.. pick a number (such as 1380g) or take the heaviest car amongst us and make that the minimum. FWIW my Losi is a tank, but yeah we need to get it close as possible.

Motors- OK lets go with handouts for next round and talk about the possibilities for the future. Sport tuned has been mentioned. Also RedDot. Personally I think red dot as they can be tuned to be very close for our racers and will last. Lets talk it out next round.

FDR. Guys, we can run better than 6.8. That being said, I understand if John wants to keep the FDR at this to preserve them... but keep in mind that with 140 track temps and no fan, I temped less than 130. Lets talk and see about edging up the gearing a little. At the very least I think we can go with a 6.0? Again, lets discuss...

And finally, so we all know how to get the gearing right, it goes like this:

spur divided by pinion size, multiplied by IR= FDR. to get close to a 5.2 with my car, it's 108/38*1.83= 5.201. Find out what your cars IR is. Most of y'all know all this but just in case...

Oh yeah, someone get Turner to put his Tc3 back together , he sounded interested as well. Lets do this fools.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

This weekend it looks like its going to be the people that will come out and race no matter what with the NATS and stuff going on. I have a new track layout drawn up and ill get it put down this weekend for you guys. I'll try and keep the layout nice and smooth and fun. I have something in mind now, but my layouts sometimes don't go onto paper with ease.

As for the meeting im all for that. Pen and paper will be present to make a print out so everyone can see what the REAL rules are at any time if they "slip" their minds(;
Old 07-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This weekend it looks like its going to be the people that will come out and race no matter what with the NATS and stuff going on. I have a new track layout drawn up and ill get it put down this weekend for you guys. I'll try and keep the layout nice and smooth and fun. I have something in mind now, but my layouts sometimes don't go onto paper with ease.

As for the meeting im all for that. Pen and paper will be present to make a print out so everyone can see what the REAL rules are at any time if they "slip" their minds(;
There is a piece of paper clothes pinned to the frequency board in the trailer, one side shows the layout from Saturday, the other side shows what I was planning to use next. I suggest doing either the same or the other one I drew up, but that's just me.

My $.02 on all the spec classes- pick one and fill it up. To me its kinda dumb to have 2 silvercan TC spec classes. One way or the other, its a silvercan on spec'd gearing, one wont be much faster than the other. Senior spec is what we have been running, but interest seems to be petering out here and @ the C. If you go Spec GT, just use the C's rules Ray K posted, makes it easier for when you guys go there, and if they want to come here. S.S. spec cars will be fine in Spec GT (maybe need adjustable links). One way or the other. It makes it much easier to have multiple full heats (less marshalling problems) if you pick one and run it, instead of 4 guys in 2 classes that are more or less the same speed.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
There is a piece of paper clothes pinned to the frequency board in the trailer, one side shows the layout from Saturday, the other side shows what I was planning to use next. I suggest doing either the same or the other one I drew up, but that's just me.

My $.02 on all the spec classes- pick one and fill it up. To me its kinda dumb to have 2 silvercan TC spec classes. One way or the other, its a silvercan on spec'd gearing, one wont be much faster than the other. Senior spec is what we have been running, but interest seems to be petering out here and @ the C. If you go Spec GT, just use the C's rules Ray K posted, makes it easier for when you guys go there, and if they want to come here. S.S. spec cars will be fine in Spec GT (maybe need adjustable links). One way or the other. It makes it much easier to have multiple full heats (less marshalling problems) if you pick one and run it, instead of 4 guys in 2 classes that are more or less the same speed.
The track we just had is pretty much the same i drew up just a few changes. I'll see what you had in mind and ask John which one he prefers. Sound good?

There is one problem with combining the two classes. In SS there are more beginners racing them. I know I would rather not a new racer hit me every time I go by in a car that's 2 times the cost of the TT-01. We could maybe think of a Novice class? I know there is one more new guy coming in a few weeks with a TT-01. Not trying to be rude to anyone but I could see it being that gentleman, Briana, and Tyler. (again not offending anyone) Then again when we meet up this weekend we will see what all of us want. Its going to mostly the core group of guys that always come and race those classes this weekend.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

There is one problem with combining the two classes. In SS there are more beginners racing them. I know I would rather not a new racer hit me every time I go by in a car that's 2 times the cost of the TT-01. We could maybe think of a Novice class? I know there is one more new guy coming in a few weeks with a TT-01. Not trying to be rude to anyone but I could see it being that gentleman, Briana, and Tyler. (again not offending anyone) Then again when we meet up this weekend we will see what all of us want. Its going to mostly the core group of guys that always come and race those classes this weekend.
A "novice" class is different, something like that is run what you brung, as long as its electric; strictly for those who have no experience. Plus, The idea is to combine classes to make them stronger so the program is better in every way, not dilute it down further with an extra class. From what I have seen, the skill level range in both is the same (ie, varies wildly). The speeds are the same (in a straight line), so it shouldnt make a difference really. Spec GT has 2 points- Slower/spec's speed for those who dont want to run 17.5, and 2 realistic looking bodies. If you are worried about less experienced people hitting you, then run with more experienced people in 17.5.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
A "novice" class is different, something like that is run what you brung, as long as its electric; strictly for those who have no experience. Plus, The idea is to combine classes to make them stronger so the program is better in every way, not dilute it down further with an extra class. From what I have seen, the skill level range in both is the same (ie, varies wildly). The speeds are the same (in a straight line), so it shouldnt make a difference really. Spec GT has 2 points- Slower/spec's speed for those who dont want to run 17.5, and 2 realistic looking bodies. If you are worried about less experienced people hitting you, then run with more experienced people in 17.5.
I would if I had an extra ESC. Thats the only reason why I don't. Well and to help John fast Lane start a new class.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Jon here is what we are going with , except we can use any red dot . you will have to buy a motor everyone else has a red dot . . Were starting this at the C this winter Oh any any body also any tire for now . stop going around with , this will work for all we'll work on it next season !

thx
Attached Thumbnails John's Mobile Rc Raceway-2011-spec-gt-final.jpg  
Old 07-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Red dot is oh-tay by me. You just need to help me procure one, as I don't know who to speak with. Mr. Lowman will need one as well, so please get in touch with me about this... if I can't get one by the next race then it's hand-outs one more time.

6.8 with RD may be a bit better, lets try that, then carry on. Lets just keep in mind that no matter what car you run, the FDR is the number you can't go below. Please refer to GEARCHART.COM if you want to make a print-out showing you the options.

Keep SS and try GT, anyone that wants to run their tt01 in GT should have no problems doing so. My personal feeling is that a few of the SS racers are comfy there. Lets see what happens. With Gt we are getting the chance to run any car from our old inventory, and realistic body. Cheaper than 17.5 or mod, bit more relaxed. Everyone needs to have a way to add weight if needed.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Maybe the classes should be sorted out by the drivers age !
Old 07-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

All made good points.... I hear DJ and John about SS. SS drivers are comfortable there and I don't want to spend half a race looking out for rouge TT01's.

Didn't we run 6.8 last time? Our track is a lot bigger than Frederick. So I don't think we can gear the same.

I think we should gear like Ryan was geared in that SS. That way the SS drivers have a class to move into. They can buy speed gears and step to spec GT. SS is a great entry level class. But 17.5 is a whole other beast. Spec GT will be the happy medium.

Start with SS....Go into Spec GT (using speed gears).... While getting use to more speed save for a new chassis, use all old electronic...Set up new chassis while racing in Spec GT and saving for brushless....... Buy brushless and move to 17.5.

Seems like a nice progression.

Just thoughts
Chris

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service