Search
Like Tree4Likes

RC in Philadelphia Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default RC in Philadelphia Area

Hey Everyone, I am 27 and I just moved to the Philly area from NH. I was doing most of my driving at RC Excitement in Fitchburg, MA. It is a top notch facility. If you are in the Boston area, go there, you won't be disappointed.

I am into a little bit of everything. Racing off-road (1/10 truck, SC and 1/8 E-buggy) on-road (Rubber tire and micro) and bashing. I have found a couple tracks in the area, Horsham, Hobby Hut, Blue Diamond, and Family Hobbies. All seem top notch. I can't wait to check them out. Are there any others within 90 mins of the city I am missing? Any indoor off-road?

Anyone have a good basher spot around Philly? I live in a apartment so I need help. I have an LST2 and a Savage Flux that I love hammering on. Any help, advice, or pointers would greatly be appreciated. There has to be hope in the concrete landscape! Thanks!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Are you in or near North or South Philly?...You've pretty much named all the best facilites closest to you...All have a good set of loyalist, so you'll be in good hands at any of the mentioned tracks. Don't know of too many "bashing" spots...Check out a few of the local parks...We have one here in North Delaware (Blue Diamond's home,) but that's about a 35 / 40 minute trip from South Philly...For bashing, I don't think that would be worth the trip..Racing on the other hand ... Also keep posted on Ray Murray's SJCCR Club races, if your into onroad racing...Ray tours, so the races are in different locations from time to time, but the competition and fun is always top notch, just like that of the tracks.

Good Luck!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DJ919
Are you in or near North or South Philly?...You've pretty much named all the best facilites closest to you...All have a good set of loyalist, so you'll be in good hands at any of the mentioned tracks. Don't know of too many "bashing" spots...Check out a few of the local parks...We have one here in North Delaware (Blue Diamond's home,) but that's about a 35 / 40 minute trip from South Philly...For bashing, I don't think that would be worth the trip..Racing on the other hand ... Also keep posted on Ray Murray's SJCCR Club races, if your into onroad racing...Ray tours, so the races are in different locations from time to time, but the competition and fun is always top notch, just like that of the tracks.

Good Luck!
Awesome! I will look into Ray Murray's Club Races. I have a Losi Type-R and think it's a blast. I haven't gone full into the on-road like off-road but there seems to be some awesome looking paved courses around here that I need check out. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Also, I live pretty much in Center City.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

You might want to check out FDR Park at Broad/Pattison. If you go all the way in the back of the park under I 95 there used to be some pretty big dirt piles back there by the skateboard park.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Welcome tro Philly

I race at Blue Diamond on road nitro and electric. Great place to visit once we start out season; here is the new link for 2010: http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ml#post6901302

Also Family Hobbies is a nice one, haven't been there yet but I hear great things about it. Lastly; Horsham carpet race track is great if you want to race now on carpet. There is also Mushroom Bowl that couple of friends of mine run indoor carpet racing. Of course the classic Ray Murray's SJCCR Club races! All some guy! BTW: I am in Philly too, not far from you about 15 mins on the train so if you want to link up let me know.

Peace

Before I forget: Racing off-road (1/10 truck, SC and 1/8 E-buggy) <--Family Hobbies will suit your taste for those type of races; however check Blue Diamond because they do race off roads. Not sure about those classes but worth checking out.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Xtreme R/C Raceway offroad (link in sig) in Quarryville, PA runs the 1/8 e-buggy with 1/8 nitro. Nice track. Blue Diamond is also a good track, go there occasionally.

For indoor onroad this winter, I run at the Mushroom Bowl. We run 1/12, 1/10 TC (foam or rubber), micros and HPI cup racers.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Here's links for the Mushroom Bowl in Kennet Square, PA

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...carpet-40.html

http://www.mushroombowl.com/

And Trains and Lanes up in Easton

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...nty-ten-3.html

And there's Trax 70 too

http://www.trax70.com

Last edited by Lee_123; 03-14-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

trax70 in browns mills new jersey has opening day tomorrow
Old 01-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default looking for someone to race and build wit

Originally Posted by TheFcuddy
Also, I live pretty much in Center City.
also live close to center city like 15mins away I race and I custom build.hook up
Old 01-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Tech Prophet

If your looking to race indoor offroad its ethier the Mushroom Bowl Kennett Square PA which is carpet or Bumps and Jumps a clay indoor track in Etters , PA which i go to that's about it. There is a clay indoor track in Gatersberg, MD called the Track.

New Jersey there is Critters raceway North Jersey and Tracktime raceway in West Milford NJ .
Old 01-16-2017, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wall Rc Racing wall New Jersey
Someone brought a old topic back ha
Old 01-17-2017, 01:25 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Bumps and Jumps is an easy ride on the Turnpike and then about 5 minutes off the Turnpike and you are at the shop. We race oval on clay oval on Saturdays and off Road on Sundays. We have people travel up from Phila all the time. From King OF Prussia Mall its about 1 1/2 hours to the shop. We have racers regularly drive 3 or 4 hours to race at are facility. We have a fully stocked shop and all the food you ever could want to eat. Dave are cook is kick ass so you can have breakfast to lunch all day long. Come check it out sometime.
GrandeGixxer and skater-deez1 like this.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Wanted to revive this thread and get an idea how many offroad racers are around the area.

I just moved back to the area from North NJ where I raced weekly. Didn't get many guys travelling up from PA. I grew up in the Philly area racing at B&B Raceway, Southampton Hobbies, Hampton Hobbies & Vineland.

Just moved back to PA (Bucks Co.) and thinking of opening some sort of RC racing facility in the area. Wanted to get a lay of the land.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
Wanted to revive this thread and get an idea how many offroad racers are around the area.

I just moved back to the area from North NJ where I raced weekly. Didn't get many guys travelling up from PA. I grew up in the Philly area racing at B&B Raceway, Southampton Hobbies, Hampton Hobbies & Vineland.

Just moved back to PA (Bucks Co.) and thinking of opening some sort of RC racing facility in the area. Wanted to get a lay of the land.
We're in dire need of a great on road facility in Philly. Plenty of off-road racing to be had in PA. No on-road racing to speak of.
skater-deez1 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.