Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Richfield Raceway in Central PA >

Richfield Raceway in Central PA

Like Tree2Likes

Richfield Raceway in Central PA

Old 08-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Richfield Raceway in Central PA

This is the new forum for Richfield Raceway. Our old forum header never said the name. I thought this might be better for the track. We are at 167 Church St. Richfield PA, 17086. GPS Coordinates 4041'23.54"N 77 6'24.75"W We are right off RT 35. Call for more details. 717-512-6167.

7000 square feet area, track is 90x60 with almost 500' of run line.

WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM

[email protected]

We race carpet Road and SCT with jumps. TC, ST, and SCT are the current classes. All Electric classes.
TC class 17.5, 7.4 Lipo
TC VTA 21.5 Spec Tires
ST 8.5
Mod Buggy
SCT Stock and Mod Classes
Its $5 per class to race every Friday night starting Nov. 4th, 2011 at 6:30pm. Track Opens at 2:00 pm for practice. We have pit tables, electric, and food available. We have AMB Lap timing equipment, rental transponders and CRC Click Track. Food, snacks, drinks are always on site as well. Check Us Out!

Last edited by Victory Side; 04-01-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Address
Old 08-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Here are the 2 options so far for this year 08-09 season. Give some feedback or suggest a change. Really pumped about this season coming up. There may be a change in equipment this year.

Rob, Blake made an ST out of one of his XRAY chassis. Ill try to get pics.

Rob, Morris, Chris. Any of you think about racing ST this year? That would be a fun time. Open wheeled chaos
Attached Thumbnails Richfield Raceway in Central PA-track1.jpg   Richfield Raceway in Central PA-track2.jpg  
Old 08-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i like the first track lay out, and i like the other! I'm torn..First is faster and more flowing but second looks like more skill required to get it just right...BUILD THEM BOTH!!
Old 08-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the feedback Chris. Hey, given any thought to the ST class?

Did you get a new ride? C ya at the track.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

over all i like the second one for the s turns
Jeff
Old 08-31-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victory Side
Thanks for the feedback Chris. Hey, given any thought to the ST class?

Did you get a new ride? C ya at the track.
I did get a new ride but i sold it already Wanted to get a buddy into the sport and it's Not what i wanted, going back to the tc5. I might do the truck thing, but i'm not sure. I will be one class for me so i think i'll stick to my sedan....
Old 08-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Ah the TC5. Nice. I guess it will be the F edition.

Which 13.5 are you guys running? Has anyone tried new lipos?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Amb is a done deal. I made the decison to switch. As more and more racers already have personals, it seemed like a good idea. As of now there are NO house transponders. I am working on getting some, but start to get your own Personal transponders.

I hope that this is a decison everyone will like. I am planning on having a few PT's for loan by the race season.

Good Idea? or Bad?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Amb is a done deal. I made the decison to switch. As more and more racers already have personals, it seemed like a good idea. As of now there are NO house transponders. I am working on getting some, but start to get your own Personal transponders.

I hope that this is a decison everyone will like. I am planning on having a few PT's for loan by the race season.

Good Idea? or Bad?
aaron,
thats great about the pt system...and you are aware that they costly a little.if you are going to have pt for people to use i would just charge a little fee.i think that would be fair enouph.i like either track...fast or technical wont matter.will be ordering the new tc prolly next week.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

as i am not familiar with Amb, will our transponders from last year still work?
Old 09-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

No they will not. I am putting them in with the deal to sell the system. I call you about it Blake.

AMB is kind of what everyone else uses so I thought it was good to make the switch now. I know it will cost some extra money to you guys, having to but new PT, but it will be worth it. Plus with free racing how can you complain.

Matt, I know they cost more money but Ill just have to keep better track of who has em, and if not returned then charge a fee. But with the PT's you can track exactly what number they have. As with the old ones I couldn't track as accurately. Either way I am excited to make this move.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

No they will not. I am putting them in with the deal to sell the system. I call you about it Blake.

AMB is kind of what everyone else uses so I thought it was good to make the switch now. I know it will cost some extra money to you guys, having to but new PT, but it will be worth it. Plus with free racing how can you complain.

Matt, I know they cost more money but Ill just have to keep better track of who has em, and if not returned then charge a fee. But with the PT's you can track exactly what number they have. As with the old ones I couldn't track as accurately. Either way I am excited to make this move.
aaron,
i would still charge the amount you charged last year for the use of the transponder for a race night.
in awhile they will pay for themselves..and yes its great that racing is free...but remember that you do spend lute to get supplies for the track.

you still going to race on the monday night thing...or will the weekend come along..heck even like a friday night would be nice....lol

altoona id racing saterday for carpet this year.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I can be open to a Friday night schedule. As of now it will be a Monday night. I want to talk with everyone and see if a change is something they are for. But Monday's seem to work well for everyone.

I would like to do more weekend events this year.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah I can be open to a Friday night schedule. As of now it will be a Monday night. I want to talk with everyone and see if a change is something they are for. But Monday's seem to work well for everyone.

I would like to do more weekend events this year.
yea i here ya.i would think that fridays would be better for people...but then again i dont know.monday nights are tuff for me to come n chill.so far of a drive for me.....lol

ill be looking forward to coming back and hanging out again though.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Hey friday and oval would work great for me. I would love to get back to Richfield !!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.