Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
V.O.R.R.A. Virginia On-Road Racing Association >

V.O.R.R.A. Virginia On-Road Racing Association

V.O.R.R.A. Virginia On-Road Racing Association

Old 05-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default V.O.R.R.A. Virginia On-Road Racing Association

We are a club in central VA. We race in Richmond on the southside of town. We are having a strong season, with very talented racers in all classes. Come join us. Visit our web site, and please ask questions.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Bunch of good racers at this place. I have been by there a time or few. I will try to get down to your next race. Are any of your members coming up to the Capital Classic?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

i think two are thinking about it. its filling up fast i know. if i had gotten my x4 up and running a little earlier i would have been happy to get my butt kicked : )

i would love to go watch.

we had a tight pro 10th race this past sunday. alot of comp out there
Old 05-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kevin and Terrance will be at the Classic. I'll go up sunday to watch. Our next race is on June 3rd.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a very long way to go, figuring out my set up for my car, before even considering to enter a race of this magnitude. Anyways, I will watch the pro's and be entertained as an observer during the sunday mains.
I'm glad someone finally started a thread for our club. Thank you Craig!
Old 05-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

no problem 360, and Paul if the dates work out, i would love to go with you up there. i would drive if u liked and we could split the gas. i figured my truck would be better on gas : )

i will let you know.

hope everyone is gonna be ready for the next race, including me. i got a few days this week to get my motor tuned, clutch set, and my two speed dialed in. its kinda fun starting all over again. alot of quality wrenching
Old 05-27-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

I'll be taking the wife's car up there and she should get better mileage than your truck. If you want to roll with me let me know.

And John, if you had an MTX-4, the set-up would be easy for you. You just start at stock setting and put in 4 degrees rear camber, put in 50K diff oil, and get the hardest clutch spring you can find and the lightest flyweights, and you're good to go.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

any electric turnout?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

yes we have a 1/10 electric class also. a couple of very good vets, and a few novice. the best guy in that class was turning lap times close to the 1/10 nitro guys a couple weeks back. our biggest class of course is 1/10 nitro touring. we have a sport and pro class.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JetMD
I'll be taking the wife's car up there and she should get better mileage than your truck. If you want to roll with me let me know.

And John, if you had an MTX-4, the set-up would be easy for you. You just start at stock setting and put in 4 degrees rear camber, put in 50K diff oil, and get the hardest clutch spring you can find and the lightest flyweights, and you're good to go.

i think this guy has mugen stock, every since he fixed his gear issue

and thats cool, i will check me calendar tomorrow and let you know!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gentleman81
i think this guy has mugen stock, every since he fixed his gear issue

and thats cool, i will check me calendar tomorrow and let you know!
Actually Craig, I run a Hobao GPX4 Pro. At one point, I did have a gearing issue with my now retired MTX3. I haven't had gearing problems with this car, but more along the lines of chassis. I did detect tweak after the last race and fixed it, but the car tends to sway on-power and the steering radius is terrible. I may switch the front toe out from 1.5mm, back to the recommended stock setting of .5mm. And change the caster from 9mm to 5mm. Because I'm a hard head and like to use different equipment from the norm (MTX4, TM G4, Serpent, etc...), I'm learning a hard lesson, since there is a lack of tech support for my particular chassis. Anyway, I'm not complaining or have regrets, I'll overcome my shortcomings and someday soon become competitive.
See you both at the Cap Classic
Old 05-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

nah, i was just jokin on Jet for his mugen whoos. from what i hear, there is a guy on the pro level that is holding his own with your car. just do the research. and you will find a balance, also, try slowing down and driving the car. that is like gold
Old 05-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Yo Jet, just tried my first marble body. the trick is that the main color needs to be thin i think. it looked fine but i had too much paint to get the good backing to show, but it looks cool : )
Old 05-29-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Yep, that's what they say. Thin on the first layer of paint, only 2 or 3 light coats. After trashing my newest body this weekend, i'm going to have to hurry up and finish the body I was working on. Guess it won't be as nice as I hoped. Oh well.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Jessie what's up? Yeah this year we have had a great electric turnout. 8-10 cars and a good mix of combinations. Brushless with lipos to old 10 turns and even some 1/16th scalers out there. It's run what you brung. Maybe you would catch the nitro bug if you came to a few and raced your electric stuff. Hope to see you down here. Kevin Randolph.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.