Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Nothing between Richmond and Hampton Roads, VA? >

Nothing between Richmond and Hampton Roads, VA?

Nothing between Richmond and Hampton Roads, VA?

Old 10-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Nothing between Richmond and Hampton Roads, VA?

I recently moved back to the SE area of Virginia. I am disheartened to see that there is no racing in Richmond, Hampton, Norfolk, VA Beach, etc. In fact, there seems to be nothing between RVA and Hampton Roads. Is this correct?

I actually live in Gloucester...where RC Pro racing used to be. From my research, I need to drive at least 3 hours to find a track. Is this right? If so, how would I go about possibly setting up some sort of racing event? I raced in my youth and have a young son now. I loved it so much and want to introduce it to him.

Thanks. D
Old 10-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I’m not in your area. But it’s not uncommon to find this. The racing side is continuing to slowly shrink each year.

I’d suggest checking around on Facebook for any small clubs. Or maybe just find some others also looking for something.

As for setting something up yourself. Well depends on what trying to do.

There’s a new club in my area, well Chicagoland area. Here’s the link. Might give you some ideas for starting something

Great Lakes RC- On-Road Racing Club
Old 10-03-2019, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm an hour north of Richmond and it has been rough finding tracks but I just discovered one in Fredericksburg for 1/8 electric buggy (I believe they do short course as well). The closest for 1/10th is an indoor track in MD. Was rough moving from SoCal where you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a track. Anyways, I found the track by dumb luck looking at a track locator online that took me to a Facebook page; racing for the first time in five years this weekend!