Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
2019 East Coast Race Against Cancer - 9/20-22 @ LCRC Raceway in Oakland Mills, PA >

2019 East Coast Race Against Cancer - 9/20-22 @ LCRC Raceway in Oakland Mills, PA

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scrapsz

2019 East Coast Race Against Cancer - 9/20-22 @ LCRC Raceway in Oakland Mills, PA

Old 07-15-2019, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Thumbs up 2019 East Coast Race Against Cancer - 9/20-22 @ LCRC Raceway in Oakland Mills, PA

Please join us for the 2019 East Coast Race Against Cancer (RAC) Sept 20-22 at LCRC Raceway in Oakland Mills, PA. This is our 17th annual Remote Control Car charity race which has raised over $155,000 for the American Cancer Society (ACS).

This will be our 3rd consecutive RAC held at LCRC Raceway which has averaged 300+ entries and 150 drivers for our first two events held there. Kevin Mummah and his outstanding staff will again build a track layout that will accommodate both the 1/10 scale and 1/8 scale off-road classes. LCRC Raceway is a world class racing facility with numerous amenities including on-site hobby shop (available online ordering/pickup at race), large pit area, tons of room for parking, air compressor and even Travel Trailer rentals / RV hookups (limited availability, please call LCRC for details).

Like recent years, all registration will occur at the track. New for the 2019 East Coast Race Against Cancer, event t-shirts are available for pre-order on the LCRC online store. You may choose will call and pick up at the race or you can have them shipped to you! Huge thanks to Christa Mummah for assisting with this effort. Online pre-order will close August 20th so get your orders in to guarantee your 2019 RAC t-shirt. https://lcrcraceway.com/products/201...hirt-pre-order

In the coming weeks I will begin the process of reaching out to the RC Racing industry / community soliciting donations for our large RC product raffle. Historically, this raffle accounts for almost half of our annual donation to the American Cancer Society. The products are generously donated by manufacturers, teams, tracks and even racers! If you're a corporate representative interested in supporting our event and I have reached out to you in the past, please watch your email. For those in the industry including executive, management, team/sponsored drivers or even racers/families and would like to partner up with us to support our cause, please contact me directly for donation information.

I respectfully request everyone help spread the word about this race and our cause. Each year I meet new people and hear stories of family & friends along with their battles won and lost. The growth of this event facilitates a larger donation to fight this horrible disease that has touched nearly everyone who reads this post.

I would like to personally thank Kevin & Christa Mummah for hosting the RAC for a 3rd consecutive year. I could not do this event without their partnership, generosity and amazing hospitality.

Please stay tuned for more information. Should you have any questions, the best way to reach me is through my email address below.

Thank you,
Scott Siegel
Racers Against Cancer Enterprises
[email protected]

Racing for a Cure….Racing for a Cause!
gearhead_22 likes this.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

The 17th Annual East Coast Race Against Cancer (RAC) was held this past weekend at LCRC Raceway in Oakland Mills, PA where 409 race entries raised an amazing $18,000 for the American Cancer Society! This race shattered the entry record for the RAC and was the largest event ever held at LCRC Raceway.

An impressive 179 unique drivers across 13 classes enjoyed fantastic weather for the 3 day event which attracted participants from over 8 states and Ontario, Canada. The track was big, fast with superb racing all weekend long by drivers from the novice level all the way to factory team professionals.

First and foremost, we must give thanks to Kevin and Christa Mummah for hosting the RAC for a 3rd consecutive year. Without their generous support, patience and second to none hospitality the RAC simply would not exist. LCRC Raceway continues to set the bar for all other tracks to follow, each year they make substantial re-investment into their facility, race program and hobby store (onsite & online) to provide for a fantastic racing experience. We’re proud to partner with LCRC Raceway and truly enjoy being a small part of their amazing success!

Huge thank you to the LCRC Raceway staff, track crew, volunteers and family for their tireless effort leading up to and throughout the busy race weekend. Races of this size are not easy, and they require dedicated people, working as a team to keep things smooth. A big shout out to race director Thomas Kauffman for his long hours on the mic keeping the race program moving with close to 40 heats! I also must thank Cheryl Miller for assisting me with the fundraising efforts in the RAC tent and to Kendall Macanick (Miss 50/50), Ellie Mummah, Morgan Gereshenski and The Roxberry Family for their help as well.

The outstanding support from our sponsors and partners was instrumental to our success. We appreciate the outpouring of donations to our very popular RC raffle which proved yet again to be a very successful fundraiser. This year we received multiple cash donations from companies outside the RC industry, we truly thank you for your generosity. We understand it’s a challenge to fulfill the many requests for sponsorship, we’re forever grateful to have such dedicated support from our passionate partners who are faithful to our mission and cause.

And lastly, a heartfelt thank you to the racers, their family/friends and spectators for attending the 17th Annual RAC. It’s great to see some old friends, meet new racers and witness the generous outpouring of support to our cause. It’s because of YOU this event broke race entry records, raised an awesome $18,000 and brought the RAC’s grand total to over $173,000!

In closing, this marks the 8th year I’ve managed this event and there were plenty of rumors circulating this would be the last. This is not just a big RC car race, if it was, I would’ve walked away when I retired from racing 4 years ago. This is an annual gathering of people in the racing community celebrating battles won, remembering those we lost and sharing our own personal experiences of how cancer has impacted our lives. These personal stories combined with the overwhelming emotion when we announce our annual donation amount is what drives my passion to do what I do what I do. Therefore, I’m pleased to announce the 18th Annual East Coast Race Against Cancer will be held at LCRC Raceway September 18-20, 2020. Please spread the word both inside and outside the racing community and help raise support as we continue the legacy of the RAC where we “Race for a Cause…Race for a Cure”!

For race results and more information about this year's RAC...please visit https://mailchi.mp/924d56d29b91/coun...SRhJhMXX1baloc