Search
Like Tree2Likes

Greg Sharpe's R/C-palooza 2018

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Greg Sharpe's R/C-palooza 2018

This post will always contain the most up to date information. Please check back often for additions to this great race!

The Deets:
  • $30/unlimited classes
  • Gates open at 8am
  • Having fun with transponders starts @ 11am
  • Bring a table, chair, extension cord and a friend with an EZ-UP

ERS-USGT Hour Of Power presented by Gravity RC:
Do you think your crew is fast? Well it’s time to put up or shut up! Your team has one hour of treaded tire shredding to push one transponder around the track under the USGT ruleset. How you accomplish that is up to you. Three drivers and three cars, sure! One ringer driver, two pit crew and three cars, sure! Six drivers and twelve cars, yeah, sure! Whatever you think is fastest, bring it on!

Qualifying will consist of just a single, ten (10) minute open lapping session with each team’s overall fastest three laps determining their starting order for the enduro. Teams are welcome to field as many cars and drivers as they like during the qualifying session, but each car may only use their single, team transponder and only one car per team on track at a time.

During the enduro, each team is required to have one marshal on track at all times except during driver changeover. Each car is required to go through a brief tech inspection every time it is placed on the track to ensure fair racing during qualifying and throughout the length of this enduro. The tech window will be manned for the entire enduro and set up for fast drive-thru service. Items to be tech’d include battery voltage, weight, motor and ESC blinky mode. Any enduro battery tech’d over 8.4V may be run down to legal voltage and retested after one (1) full minute of inactivity in tech. This could greatly affect your race strategy, so do not push the battery voltage limits.

It’s highly advisable to run a short extension lead from the Rx to the transponder on each car to alleviate the risk of bending the RX connection pins during a fast paced pit stop transponder swap. Also, be sure that each vehicle carries the transponder in a suitable location to avoid missing laps. Race control cannot add lost laps back during/after this busy race, so test each vehicle during practice and/or qualifying to be sure it counts properly. There is a 22 team limit for this enduro. Gravity USGT tires to the winners!

Mini Madness presented by Tamiya USA:
Returning once again, the annual track packing extravaganza that is Mini Madness. Described as a “slow motion knife fight inside an elevator”, Mini Madness will test each racer’s ability to track their mini in a sea of miniature hatchbacks, a veritable Where’s Waldo of R/C!

One, ten (10) minute open lapping session will qualify each driver for the triple A-main event with their fastest overall three laps setting the grid. There’s no slouching here, as all three main results count towards the final score! TCS Mini rules, and unlimited entries! Tamiya USA provided prizes galore to the winners!

Smokey and the Bandit USVTA/Euro-truck race presented by Tamiya USA:
The chaos continues on the battlefield of curbs at Jackson R/C, but this time Sheriff Buford T. Justice will be in “HOT PA-SUIT”! Teams are highly encouraged to make a break for the Georgia state line and avoid being caught by the cranky old sheriff. BYOT (bring your own teammate), a USVTA car and a TCS Euro-truck. Basset Hound optional.

Each class will run their own ten (10) minute open lapping session with fastest overall three laps used to qualify each driver for their classes’ own respective three (3) heads-up, qual-point races. The results from each racer’s three races will be combined with their teammate’s results to set the grid for the Smokey and the Bandit main event, with each team of Bandit and euro-truck starting side by side on their grid position. Tamiya USA provided prizes galore to the winners!

Jammin’ Jeff Jones Run Whatcha Brung Free For All:
The ambassador of R/C is BACK with his signature class, Run Whatcha Brung. There’s only one rule in RWB, and that is there are no rules! Three, five (5) minute, heads-up races from motocross starts to a fixed lap, flying finish. Literally ANYTHING with wheels and an electric motor can sign up to race this class. There’s no qualifying, there’s no excuses, just a mad dash to stay in front until the finish line!\

Time Attack:
Hot laps upon hot laps, but timing yours to avoid traffic will be the key to finding open air and clear track. Did you bring enough horsepower to out-leg the field, and what’s that guy doing with a dirt oval car? Any 1/10 vehicle, 235mm wide or less, up to 2S (or 6cells!), and a 540 sized motor may vie for the lap record. Active aero, no aero, foam, rubber, 2wd, 4wd, 1wd, it’s your choice! Three, five (5) minute open lapping sessions will determine who can link the smooth curves of Jackson R/C together into one perfect hot lap!

Mon-tech Formula-1 Grand Prix of Jackson:
The open wheel warriors of Formula-1 take to the famous Jackson curbs for triple A-main action! One, ten (10) minute open lapping session will qualify each driver onto the scale-realistic, double-wide grid with their fastest overall three laps setting the grid. All three, six (6) minute A-main results count towards the final score! USVTA F1 rules. Singe lower mains. Montech provided F1 bodies to the winners!
PM here or email me at [email protected] to get on the official entry list.
Official Roll Call:
USGT Hour Of Power (teams)
1. Team Giordano
2. Team JMR

Mini Madness
1. Greg Sharpe
2. Al "the stache" Sodano
3. Craig Santry
4. John Baierlein
5. Mike Turner

Smokey and the Bandit
VTA
1. Peaches
2.John "Shaolin Town" Brown
Euro Truck
1. Peaches Smuggling Services
2. Santry Overland Carting
3. Bobby "The Jam" K
4 John Baierlein
5. Scott N

Jammin' Jeff Jones' RWB
1. Triple J HIMSELF
2. Gerry Hoagland
3. Shawn McCaughey
4. Bob Morisco
5. John Davis
6. Kenny Snook
7. Lance Cranmer
8. Darin Cranmer
9. James Cranmer
10. Paulie Cranmer
11. Ryan Ferrell
12. Todd Bunn
13. Jim Robertson
14. Rick Kershaw
15. Chuck Eccles
16. Shane Buckalew

Time Attack
1. Fat Jesus, the master of re-kit
2. Donny Lia

Formula 1
1. Mike Hanulec
2. Craig Maybe Santry
3. Carl Giordano

This post will always contain the most up to date information. Please check back often for additions to this great race!

Last edited by Greg Sharpe; 08-20-2018 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Mo' edits, mo' problems.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This looks like an absolute blast.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Can’t wait.
I’m in for Mini

Last edited by Al Sodano; 05-10-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm running f1 and time attack. I'm going to crush it..
Old 05-10-2018, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I’m in for euro truck, mini and maybe f1😂
Old 05-11-2018, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like I'll becoming out of my self imposed on road retirement. Now gotta dig through some "RC DUST BUNNIES" and see just what bizarre vehicle I can bring, think I know just the vehicle.😜
Old 05-12-2018, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
would that be the track or your F1
Old 05-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hanulec
"OH NO, NOT AGAIN!" Re-kit.

Kregger, are you gonna run ALL the classes?
Old 05-14-2018, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
"OH NO, NOT AGAIN!" Re-kit.

Kregger, are you gonna run ALL the classes?
I think I'll leave class open. Like my cars I'm slowing down.
Greg Sharpe likes this.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I like the format... hopefully Team Giordano can make this one... vacation time permitting. Team Giordano (Carl, Andrew and Michael) for USGT Enduro and I'll try F1
Greg Sharpe likes this.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Race prizes are beginning to arrive from the class sponsors. I'll post pics up some day soon.

Does anyone have a devious chassis to bring out for RWB or the Time Attack??? Use your imagination, because (basically) anything goes!
Old 08-08-2018, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

F1 prizes are on the way!
Old 08-12-2018, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trophies are in production!

Who's up for some impromptu grudge matches????
Old 08-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Roll call is updated. RWB is getting HOT!
Old 08-17-2018, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Even MORE entries added to Run Whatcha Brung!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.