Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Micro 1/24 SCT Tighter Throttle >

Micro 1/24 SCT Tighter Throttle

Micro 1/24 SCT Tighter Throttle

Old 10-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Micro 1/24 SCT Tighter Throttle

Hi,

A while ago I added tape on the stock tires to do drifts on carpet in my apartment and probably crashed a bit too much in stuff and now I'm running into an issue with it.

After crashing one too many time into a table leg, it started doing a different sound than before as well I noticed the throttle to be tighter or not as smooth as before. Also sometimes when I want to go forward on really low speed it stops midway and does that sound when you try to go backward and forward too fast (even though I'm only making it go forward).

Any have any idea why it is doing that?
Old 10-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is it a brushed or brushless motor? If it's brushless check to see all 3 wires are attached to the motor and ESC. If I remember correctly the wires in the Losi brushless motors tend to pull out.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Is it a brushed or brushless motor? If it's brushless check to see all 3 wires are attached to the motor and ESC. If I remember correctly the wires in the Losi brushless motors tend to pull out.
Brushless, I'll check that out, thanks
Old 10-14-2016, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Take it apart man. Might have bent a dog bone, might be differentials. Could be spur gear issues, could be just stuff wrapped around the shafts and input or output cups.

Looking at it and asking why it's making sounds won't fix it. Take a #00 Phillips and some needle nose pliers, and get to it. Have pictures of new parts to compare yours to on your phone as you go, that way you can see if anything looks abnormally worn down.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Thefoodman52 View Post
Take it apart man. Might have bent a dog bone, might be differentials. Could be spur gear issues, could be just stuff wrapped around the shafts and input or output cups.

Looking at it and asking why it's making sounds won't fix it. Take a #00 Phillips and some needle nose pliers, and get to it. Have pictures of new parts to compare yours to on your phone as you go, that way you can see if anything looks abnormally worn down.
That's a good idea, I filmed it and wonder if it's normal behavior or not, do you think I should take it more apart?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

It looks like your motor can separated from the motor face plate. I had that happen last weekend. pull out the motor, and you can glue the can back on the face plate. Assuming you haven't hurt your esc or windings, you'll be fine. In my case, I burnt out a FET on the ESC, so I need to replace my mainboard.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
It looks like your motor can separated from the motor face plate. I had that happen last weekend. pull out the motor, and you can glue the can back on the face plate. Assuming you haven't hurt your esc or windings, you'll be fine. In my case, I burnt out a FET on the ESC, so I need to replace my mainboard.
That was the issue lol I must of crashed too many times in walls that the motor went off. I just pop it back in there and it works fine. By curiosity what kind of glue did you use? (in case if this happens again)
Old 01-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

I used thin CA on mine.