Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
1/16 E-Revo VXL opinions >

1/16 E-Revo VXL opinions

1/16 E-Revo VXL opinions

Old 02-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/16 E-Revo VXL opinions

Hey guys. I just join the forum. I'm very excited to be a part of it! I was out of the loop for a while. After my T-Maxx 3.3 it was a while before I bought another. Well this time I went with electric. Seems way more logical with water proof and lipo. So I picked up a Merv. Its all stock. I have the Traxxas 3s. What are yalls opinion on this truck and what should I do to it. I was of course gonna go all RPM a arms and stuff and was lookin into some Summit wheels because it seems I can use 2.2 tires on it then. My last electric was a Rustler with a 20 T Titan. Theyve come so far since then I'm startin over. Any tips and tricks will be appreciated. This thin is already ape shit just with the 3s. But what other performance recomendations do yall have? Thanks guys lookin foreward to hearin from yall!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Just a quick welcome. I have been looking at the E-Revo but the non vxl version. How's the stability management? I like the TQi radio too!
Old 02-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Traxxas Mini Revo, correct?

3s will certainly up the power level. Need to keep an eye on motor temps. May have to change out the pinion to keep it from burning down. Other than that, RPM arms and knuckles all the way around do help. Traxxas Performance wheel hexes save a LOT of headaches with the higher power levels. A T-Bone Racing skid system helps keep the bottom from getting busted up as much, adds a little weight to the bottom, and helps it slide over jumps easier/smoother. Sway bar kit will make it a little more stable if your on a lot of flat ground. 50-60wt oil settles the shocks down a little. If your going to run a larger/heavier wheel/tire combo, should step it up a spring weight too. There is a couple great options for metal gear servos out there. Don't bother with the dual servo system, you will end up with a metal gear servo anyway.
Have fun with it! Great little basher truck.