Wiki Posts
Search

SiNiST3R Mini E-Revo Flux Pro

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Default SiNiST3R Mini E-Revo Flux Pro

SiNiST3R Mini E-Revo Flux Pro

This here is my build thread for my Mini E-Revo custom build. I built this truck from the ground up, no starter kit. Bought a chassis dyed it black then started adding bits until it was a finished truck. I have a second MERV that is much closer to stock I use for bashing and messing around, this custom build is about speed and lots of it. The truck currently is a running RC, however still not ready to make an attempt. I need a few more bits and to find the batteries capable of pushing the limit.

Most of the bits are Hot Racing and a few Traxxas X parts.

Started with a stock chassis I dyed Black

The Diff cases, tranny case, bumper/body post support, body post engine plate, engine mount, servo guards, servo saver, front skid plate, shock mounts, rockers and rear skid/wheelie bar mount all Hot Racing alloy, the center skids is from GMP.

I'm using the hinge pin retainers from the Grave Digger 1/16 kit so they are silver not blue.

The diffs are both 50k and stock but shimmed in the alloy diff case. Hard Steel gears transfer power, the center shafts are steel CVDs from Traxxas matching the CVDs at each wheel. RPM A-arms + rear bumper (front soon for show) and with I forgot the kind adjustable turn buckles. The HR rockers have bearings and all hollow balls are steel. The carriers are GMP with clear ball retainers dyed blue. At the back end is a Carbon Look-A-like wing from Traxxas with a clear stock Traxxas lid custom painted .

The electronics are mostly 10th scale, Momba Max Pro ESC with a 540 Flux Pro Brushless sensorred motor with low turn and high KV. Ill be trying both sensorred and sensorless mode aswell as "SmartSens". The Transmitter and Receiver are Futaba but the Servo (soon to be dual Twin Servos) are and will both be stock. I might swap to Twin HiTech's if I have a problem with them.

I've got Rally Shocks up front and Rally springs front and rear. Plans are for the HR piggy back to go in there soon.

I'm running some trick foam wheels with a huge rear wheel 45.5mm with massive offset and 26mm fronts. They are Italian wheels (not sure if it makes a difference but they were hard to find) 37 shore foam these wheels have surprising grip and zero ballooning, the wheels will stay true at serious mph..

I might of missed something, I'll update if I find anything or add new upgrades. Some might of seen the truck in progressive stages of the build, I'm proud to finally show it off as a running Truck.

I'm looking for 2s and 3s batteries with the highest C rating that will fit in the battery boxes, hopping for like 60c batteries.. Please post suggestions and where I can get them, much thanks for any leads..

Thanks for checking out my Truck, a lot of time $$$$ and effort has gone into it so far, still some patience required as being a fully custom truck I got to make sure all is right before pushing the truck to her limit.

Last edited by Rac3rX; 08-31-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Back when I had my Mini E-Revo, I used 2x Turnigy Nano-Tech 3S 2200mah 65C batteries in parallel and I hit 77 mph. They required cutting out the battery trays and using the T-Bone chassis brace as the bottom. With stock size batteries I used 2x Boost 3S 1800mah 45C and I hit 70 mph. Make sure your bearings are good.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the leads, I'm weary of cutting the chassis, funny I've seen 77mph on 3s (video on YouTube) the same truck ran 82mph on 4s with lower gearing (spur stripped they had to run the 50) I'm hoping to be in the same ball park on 4s maybe a bit faster if I can, only time will tell.

Bearings are all new all Traxxas but I want to get a set for the speed run, IRC there is a set of Abec 3 for the truck that's not too crazy expensive. I believe the runs I've seen over 80mph have all been stock bearings.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

If your just doing speed runs and such some oiled metal shielded bearings would free it up a bit.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

I found these "new" 3s dual pack set for the MERV from Maxamps

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...111-ERevo-Pair

Calling them 100c I dunno bout that maybe they mean each pack is 50c individually? I don't know but while expese they look tempting to keep a uncut chassis and run 2 3s packs with decent C rating.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rac3rX
Thanks for the leads, I'm weary of cutting the chassis, funny I've seen 77mph on 3s (video on YouTube) the same truck ran 82mph on 4s with lower gearing (spur stripped they had to run the 50) I'm hoping to be in the same ball park on 4s maybe a bit faster if I can, only time will tell.

Bearings are all new all Traxxas but I want to get a set for the speed run, IRC there is a set of Abec 3 for the truck that's not too crazy expensive. I believe the runs I've seen over 80mph have all been stock bearings.
I used stock bearings too, I was just saying make sure they're fresh.

Originally Posted by Rac3rX
I found these "new" 3s dual pack set for the MERV from Maxamps

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...111-ERevo-Pair

Calling them 100c I dunno bout that maybe they mean each pack is 50c individually? I don't know but while expese they look tempting to keep a uncut chassis and run 2 3s packs with decent C rating.
Max Amps are overpriced, overrated, and 100C is nonsense. I would suggest Turnigy Nano-Tech, Revolectrix, and Dinogy batteries. Get the largest mah that will fit your chassis and the highest C rating that the manufacturer has to offer from their lineup.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 0verkill
I used stock bearings too, I was just saying make sure they're fresh.

Max Amps are overpriced, overrated, and 100C is nonsense. I would suggest Turnigy Nano-Tech, Revolectrix, and Dinogy batteries. Get the largest mah that will fit your chassis and the highest C rating that the manufacturer has to offer from their lineup.
What do they got in comparison to the Maxams batts?

Maxamps expensive but are they quality?

Reasonably 50c a pack? Compared to 45c, as I'm trying to keep from cutting the chassis to accommodate the batts. I want as fast as possible with batts that fit in the battery boxes, I've seen 82mph with a truck basicly running a MMP, 540 can and the same style wheels stock bearings even stock CVDs.

I think 50c that fits in the truck is the current leader unless those cats have something better.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Update

Yeah I tweaked the Camber, that was pre adjusted, after building her at default turns in on the adjuster balls. I'm sure I'll need to tweak some more after doing some test runs and tuning to performance.

Batteries are in

Hate MaxAmps if yah like IDC they are the sickest Batts I've seen fit in the stock batery boxes no modification. I've recently got into VaPing on a Box Mod DNA200 and MaxAmp batteries have been proving themselves in the scene. It's also nice to have a set of batteries built to my spec, made to order, no box of batts off a shelf then shipped, no no no, they make these to order

I also have Blue Alloy shocks from GPM on the way. I was going to go black but feel I need some more blue for contrast