Im back

Old 03-19-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default mini 8ight diff problem?

Out of the hobby for a while, but I'm back with a Mini 8ight T =).

Read alot of what you guys have been saying on here about it. Ordered a new servo, servo saver. Some other small bit's and pieces. I still need to check the slipper clutch before I throw in these new lipo's.

Might grab a roller buggy and throw the electronics into it so I can throw something bigger into the truggy. I ordered a losi 12t pinion. I couldnt find who else was making pinions for them.

Last edited by shadycuz; 03-21-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: new subject
Old 03-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadycuz View Post
Out of the hobby for a while, but I'm back with a Mini 8ight T =).

Read alot of what you guys have been saying on here about it. Ordered a new servo, servo saver. Some other small bit's and pieces. I still need to check the slipper clutch before I throw in these new lipo's.

Might grab a roller buggy and throw the electronics into it so I can throw something bigger into the truggy. I ordered a losi 12t pinion. I couldnt find who else was making pinions for them.
the losi pinions are junk! went threw mine in 15 minutes... luckily I had a couple associated pinions from my 18t. They are still in use 2 yrs later. The mini 8ight got me back into the hobby as well. I have ran both the hitec 225mg w/ red kimbrough saver and the savox 1257mg w/ the white kimbrough saver. Both perform well I prefer the savox.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Rookie

just got back in this week with a mini 8ight-t too - might wanna change the spur to a traxxas or hot racing, mine melted today within 15 minutes of 3s. hot racing and robinson racing both make .5 mod pinions for it but you can also use a 48p spur and that opens up your pinion options quite a bit.

the mini 8ight-t thread in this subforum might be worth a read through, it brought me up to speed on a lot of things to fix/upgrade on the truck
Old 03-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by evanr View Post
just got back in this week with a mini 8ight-t too - might wanna change the spur to a traxxas or hot racing, mine melted today within 15 minutes of 3s. hot racing and robinson racing both make .5 mod pinions for it but you can also use a 48p spur and that opens up your pinion options quite a bit.

the mini 8ight-t thread in this subforum might be worth a read through, it brought me up to speed on a lot of things to fix/upgrade on the truck
Yeah i gave it a read already. I bought the hitec 5245 and the solar d658. I'm having issues getting a servo horn to fit but i just need to dremal one shorter.

I'm wondering if I'm having issue with My rear diff. I did the break in procedure. But I noticed when i spin a tire the other side just twitches instead of spinning the opposite direction.

sucks I just bought a losi 12t pinion. When it goes I'll step up to a Robinson racing 48 pitch spur and pinion.

I took out my battery mounts and put it a battery strap. I'm going to check the slipper and switch to 50wt shock oil. Im also going to shim the diffs.