Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Losi 1/24 truggy,what do i need for Brushless? >

Losi 1/24 truggy,what do i need for Brushless?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/24 truggy,what do i need for Brushless?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 08:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Losi 1/24 truggy,what do i need for Brushless?

I bought the losi 1/24 Micro truggy 4x4 with 2S Lipo's and basically a ton of hop up parts for it.

I bought the Losi 2.4Ghz Brushless combo w/ 8750k motor.

Now I'm having a hard time figuring out what i need for the Electronics combo's, cause i want this thing to be souped up you know? I want to get a good receiver.. Im confused tho... Is the receiver the ESC/receiver all-in-one on all the models?

I also heard Spectrum is good, the sr3500 receiver to be exact but i cant find it anywhere now like its discontinued, if it was discontinued, whats the next best thing i can use on my Losi truggy with my current Losi Brushless system i have on order..

So if the ESC/receiver is all-in-one with the 2.4Ghz units,then it becomes a lil more clearer for me,then i just need to find a really good transmitter and ESC/receiver..but i need help with that too..Im not sure what will bolt up to the Exotech Carbon chassis i ordered etc. or what will be a good choice?

SO basically in a nutshell i just need to know what I NEED to run my brushless system coming from losi.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Rookie

So i got my friend to order me the Spectrum sr3500 receiver on ebay,the only place i could find it... Is that all I need? I dont need a ESC now do I?

Just a Transmitter (remote control :P) that is DSM 2.4GHZ compatible?
Old 02-08-2015, 05:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Which esc/combo did you order? Losi made an xcelorin brushless esc and motor with bullet connectors but it's now discontinued. If you bought this system you will also need an transmitter, receiver and 3 wire servo. Losi makes a 3 wire micro servo. http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB0814

They now make this combo which works with a DSM transmitter. It is an esc/receiver combo with a motor. http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB9593 If you bought this system you need a DSM transmitter. It should work with your stock 5 wire servo or a 3 wire servo. You should be able to find install manuals at Horizon Hobby as well as videos on youtube for this combo.

The newest 1:24ths come with a brushless DSMR compatible esc/receiver combo and a new and different motor. It will work with either a 5 or 3 wire servo and it's compatible with DSMR transmitters. Little info is available and I have no idea if it will replace the system above.

Also you should know that some or all of Spektrum transmitters are backwards compatible. This means if you buy a DSM2 radio it should work with DSM protocol. Just be sure to check the specs for compatibility.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Horizon hobby doesn't give a manual on how to do something.....and little info leaving you somewhat clueless...NO WAY!!! Lol...they never make it easy on us, but yes that's the set up you want. I thought it included a servo too, but very possibly I am wrong.

Post back with results if you do give it a try...I'm curious too as I picked one of these up yesterday.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here is the vid tutorial on installing the system mentioned in my first paragraph. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqrpcMl339I

Here is the vid tutorial on installing the system mentioned in my second paragraph.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYyThu0ssfo
Old 02-14-2015, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm outrageously annoyed by this....$110 car NIB. Over $100 in accessories(including rx/tx) to go to brushless? Then a lipo and proprietary charger...another $40?

So....$250+ for a micro brushless truggy with all stock parts but the motor, servo and esc? Then I have to buy a three wire servo for another $15, then I start upgrading the driveline to handle the extra power for who knows how much......

I guess I'm just curious why losi thinks its fair to sell the micro SCT for $150 while the truggy costs over $250 to get to the same level of performance. Gouging on accessories????

End of rant....shoulda bought the brushless sct up front.