Losi Mini 8ight-T Build - Leopard Motor 4S

Like Tree1Likes

Losi Mini 8ight-T Build - Leopard Motor 4S

Old 07-14-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 0verkill View Post
Here's a quick little video.

http://youtu.be/XS0AgxXEOv8
Nice to show on video! For a 4s and spur at the back it does not make a single wheelie!!

I am thinking of letting my m8 3s into a m8T. And keep the pink one as it is
As i don't drive it so much right now the 3s... and there will be not so much expense like buying a new 8T.

Great work, man!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

2 questions:

-What's the space between end of motor and ESC? Around 2cm? More less?

-The MMP is without the fan? Why? any reason for it?
Old 07-14-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
2 questions:

-What's the space between end of motor and ESC? Around 2cm? More less?

-The MMP is without the fan? Why? any reason for it?
I have around 7mm of space between the motor and ESC. My motor is 48mm in length. So that would be a maximum of around 55mm of space if you mounted your MMP ESC in that location. Or you could mount the ESC on the top plate and run a long can Leopard 2860 or Neu 1115 and then run 6S for insanity.

I originally had the MMP on my Mini E-Revo and I cut the fan off for better fitment.

Last edited by 0verkill; 07-16-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

<deleted: wrong thread, sorry!>

Last edited by mkiiina; 07-15-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

I have around 7mm of space between the motor and ESC. My motor is 45mm in length. So that would be a maximum of around 52mm of space if you mounted your MMP ESC in that location. You may be able to squeeze another 1-2mm. Or you could mount the ESC on the top plate and run a long can Leopard 2860 or Neu 1115 and then run 6S for insanity.

I originally had the MMP on my Mini E-Revo and I cut the fan off for better fitment.
That's what i needed to know! But 45mm length according to leopard website is 48mm, and a 50mm lenght by Leopard is a 54mm... So a 2850 should be my bet if want to use the ESC on botton. But don't know if using the ESC on top plate will affect any handling on this m8t!!
And you are saying that the motor at the end of the pack is not hot, just warm using 4s... so that 19T gear pinion is about right for the stock losi spur's! Any idea if a bigger pinion will fit inside the spur gear cover?

By the way... any idea if mounting the ESC on the top plate will afect handling?
Stock Mini8 comes that way...

2860 motor on that seens about right for my stuff... but the ESC on top is an option that i don't know if it is wise...

Using big block motor's (36mm can motors) on the merv ruins it's already weak stability.... but this is a LOSI
Old 07-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
That's what i needed to know! But 45mm length according to leopard website is 48mm, and a 50mm lenght by Leopard is a 54mm... So a 2850 should be my bet if want to use the ESC on botton. But don't know if using the ESC on top plate will affect any handling on this m8t!!
And you are saying that the motor at the end of the pack is not hot, just warm using 4s... so that 19T gear pinion is about right for the stock losi spur's! Any idea if a bigger pinion will fit inside the spur gear cover?

By the way... any idea if mounting the ESC on the top plate will afect handling?
Stock Mini8 comes that way...

2860 motor on that seens about right for my stuff... but the ESC on top is an option that i don't know if it is wise...

Using big block motor's (36mm can motors) on the merv ruins it's already weak stability.... but this is a LOSI
Yup, the 2845 is 48mm in length. I actually have a 2850 motor as well (54mm length) and it should fit fine, you may need to bend the motor wires upward. Well the ESC doesn't weigh too much, so I don't think you would notice much of a difference. But I'd rather have it on the chassis since there's room for it, unlike the buggy. I was just referring to a max effort setup. As far as the motor temperature, it really depends on many factors obviously, but it didn't go beyond 120* on that day. I want to see if I can mount up a mini fan on it to keep it even cooler. Yeah I know what you mean about the merv's stability, it's not made for handling.

Here's the 2845 next to the 2850.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

nice work bud, that motor support...did it help because the mount flex's or because the motor weight makes it twist? i want a straight drop in 26mm option for my m8t....what do you think of the 6000kv fuze?
Old 07-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Reaper1ct View Post
nice work bud, that motor support...did it help because the mount flex's or because the motor weight makes it twist? i want a straight drop in 26mm option for my m8t....what do you think of the 6000kv fuze?
The motor mount design doesn't work well for supporting a larger 28mm/380 motor. It's just too small and doesn't support the extra weight. The front of the motor shifts to the side after doing some jumps and therefore shifts the pinion gear at an angle on the spur gear, and then starts chewing up the spur gear. So my motor support completely solves this issue.

I'm not really familiar with the 6000kv fuze motor. The stock size motors in these are just way too under powered for me.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply bud, I found a 2445 motor....which will at least have more torque....no 26mm available....I actually get the feeling that the mount is so weak that the standard motor even bends and shifts the angle of the motor and grinds the teeth.....I wonder if a company or a loyal rc guy would make a mount up and seal the bottom whole up at the same time. ...how did you block that hole?
Old 07-25-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

The motor mount design doesn't work well for supporting a larger 28mm/380 motor. It's just too small and doesn't support the extra weight. The front of the motor shifts to the side after doing some jumps and therefore shifts the pinion gear at an angle on the spur gear, and then starts chewing up the spur gear. So my motor support completely solves this issue.

I'm not really familiar with the 6000kv fuze motor. The stock size motors in these are just way too under powered for me.
Could you give some more information on your motor brace? I'm semi-following in your footsteps and using a VXL on 3s and have noticed some motor movement that I would like to eliminate.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
Could you give some more information on your motor brace? I'm semi-following in your footsteps and using a VXL on 3s and have noticed some motor movement that I would like to eliminate.
ditto.....I'd also like some info/ help with that
Old 07-31-2014, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Reaper1ct View Post
Thanks for the reply bud, I found a 2445 motor....which will at least have more torque....no 26mm available....I actually get the feeling that the mount is so weak that the standard motor even bends and shifts the angle of the motor and grinds the teeth.....I wonder if a company or a loyal rc guy would make a mount up and seal the bottom whole up at the same time. ...how did you block that hole?
I didn't run the stock motor for very long even in the buggy, so I'm not sure about that, but it may be true as well. Yup, this Truggy needs a well built 28mm/380 motor mount. I don't have that hole blocked.

Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
My motor support is a Traxxas vent #7026, along with 3M super strong double sided tape. It's taped down on the side guard, so whenever you need to remove the motor all you have to do is remove the side guard. Try pushing the front of your motor to the outside, just with your fingers, it will move. So the motor support I'm using really keeps it from moving.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

thanks bud i get, off i go again
Old 08-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Got some goodies in the mail.

Stock dogbone vs CV driveshaft

Old 08-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

which one is that? the original losi?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.