Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
RCP Tracks 30 or 50cm - Looking for Help >

RCP Tracks 30 or 50cm - Looking for Help

RCP Tracks 30 or 50cm - Looking for Help

Old 06-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default RCP Tracks 30 or 50cm - Looking for Help

Considering building a track for Mini-z in my basement- due to space constraints not sure I could use the bigger tiles 50cm and would have to use the 30cm to make an interesting track. I only plan to run 2 cars racing but I hear its hard to run on the narrower width 30cm - would love to see some videos or pics of people with 30cm to get an idea if it would be worth it
Old 06-27-2014, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Photocycler
Considering building a track for Mini-z in my basement- due to space constraints not sure I could use the bigger tiles 50cm and would have to use the 30cm to make an interesting track. I only plan to run 2 cars racing but I hear its hard to run on the narrower width 30cm - would love to see some videos or pics of people with 30cm to get an idea if it would be worth it
Why not consider carpet? Much much cheaper and does the same..or even better according to some!

-This is mine garage home track that have 10meter by 4meter!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Rookie

From my understanding, this video is a Losi 1:24 Micro Rally, with modified steering knuckles for a tighter turning circle, running on a 30cm RCP track...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

That user also has 50cm tracks, so follow that vid onto YouTube and check out his channel.

I think if you are running 1:36 Losi Micro or 1:43 Kyosho dNano it might be OK. If you are looking at 1:24 Losi Micro or 1:27 Kyosho Mini-Z you are going to be pushing it but you will fit more track in your space.

My modular track is based on 60cm wide modules and leaves me with 56cm lane width with the lane markers in place. The RCP 30cm based track (2 tiles wide) has a lane width of about 48cm and the 50cm based track is about 84cm lane width. I went with my size as it seemed to be OK in testing. So far with a single 1:36 Micro DT running on it I like it. I want to get the slightly bigger cars on it soon to see how it goes.

Here is my micro DT on my modular track...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.