R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales

Old 03-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Angry Mini-Z Mr03-s loss of signal

I love these cars, but the first one was DOA (won't bind) and now after I get another new one I drove it for a half hour trouble free and then it veers left and stops, I walk up to it and it wakes back up but as soon as I drive it does it again.

The signal is lost further than a foot out, it happened with no warning, new batteries don't work. I pulled the car off the track every 10 minutes or so to make sure everything is cool, sure enough the motor barely got warm so it wasn't a overheating issue.

I will be sending it into Kyosho. I'm not happy about this as these things are not cheap and I get 2 crap cars in a row, but I love the cars as they drive SO well when they work.

My worst fear is getting it fixed and having it crap out again out of warranty.

Anyone else have issues with these guys?
Tiburon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Tech Master

Is this the new FHHS 2.4ghz system or the ASF 2.4ghz older system?

I guess being new is the FHSS. If so i can't help you.

Check you baterys on the radio, it coud be simply that! Not likely but worth a try!

On the older days of AM 27mhz those symptons are just the big AM antenna wired to a alloy chassis or carbon fiber chassis... it made terrible and weird things... once it was isolated by a simple plastic tape or piece of plastic... it was rock solid like miniz's are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
I love these cars, but the first one was DOA (won't bind) and now after I get another new one I drove it for a half hour trouble free and then it veers left and stops, I walk up to it and it wakes back up but as soon as I drive it does it again.

The signal is lost further than a foot out, it happened with no warning, new batteries don't work. I pulled the car off the track every 10 minutes or so to make sure everything is cool, sure enough the motor barely got warm so it wasn't a overheating issue.

I will be sending it into Kyosho. I'm not happy about this as these things are not cheap and I get 2 crap cars in a row, but I love the cars as they drive SO well when they work.

My worst fear is getting it fixed and having it crap out again out of warranty.

Anyone else have issues with these guys?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
Tech Regular

sent it to kyosho, lets see!

It is the system that takes the KT-19 TX
Tiburon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
Tech Regular

It took almost 2 weeks, but they sent it back with all new electronics, they said it had issues with the board.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

There is also a full reset documented out there that greatly assists with radio issues with this new kt-19 FHSS system.

DanDan from mini-zracer forums typed them out for all.

To reset the center position of the wheels
(1) Turn on the chassis (leave the transmitter turned off).
(2) Make sure that the steering trim is at the center.
(3) Move the front tires to the center position with your fingers.
(4) Push and hold the pairing button on the chassis until the LED flashes fast two times and goes off.
(5) Turn on the transmitter. The neutral position should be corrected. If it is still not at the center position, repeat above steps.

To reset the transmitter:
(1) Turn off the transmitter if it is on.
(2) Make sure that the steering trim knob is at the center position
(3) Turn the G.SPD L knob fully to the counterclockwise direction.
(4) Position of G.SPD H knob does not matter.
(5) Turn the steering wheel to the fully right position and push the throttle away to the full-brake position and hold them.
(6) Turn on the transmitter. The LED should flash rapidly; this means you are now in the factory mode.
(7) Release the steering wheel and throttle lever.
(8) Turn the steering wheel fully to the left, right, left and right, and then release it.
(9) Pull/push the throttle lever to full-throttle, full-brake, full-throttle, and full-brake, and then release it.
(10) Turn the G.SPD L knob to the right most position. The LED should become solid.
(11) Turn off the transmitter and on it again. You are done.
ChiMiniRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Stuff like that makes me miss AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:19 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Default Still loss singnal

I buy 3 minuz sports and I have the same problem O already do the rest instructions and I nothing's happened. Now 2 of the 3 present the problem. One of the the last week start to make the loss signal problem I took away the yellow thing in the motor and It works perfectly gor one more week more and today it die again, any help thanx
Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote