Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please help me if you have a Losi Mini SCT

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation Please help me if you have a Losi Mini SCT

Please give me a measurement of the ground clearance. Also will this truck be able to go over gravel and maybe some small grass?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

I think I pretty much covered this already....

I have a Losi Mini SCT. It does not do well in grass. Ground clearance with stock tires is very low, can't even go from my driveway to my garage due to a small 3/8" concrete lip. Would not recommend as a first hobby grade vehicle and would not recommend for primarily off road driving.

I also own a 1/14 scale, same scale as the mini 8, it will run in the grass but the motor will get very hot very fast so not a good thing. Would not recommend for alot of driving in grass.

I also own a 1/10 and 1/8th scale, and for running on grass, its not even close, the bigger the tire the better. 1/8th scale is the best, but pricey.

1/10 scale is a good starting spot. Spend some time looking at the online hobby stores and find models at your price range that you like, then google them and read the reviews and watch You Tubes to help pick the one you want.

You may want to factor in what your LHS has in stock and parts for if you do not want to wait for parts to be shipped to you.

If you keep posting on a forum for minis, your going to get people pitching minis, but if your looking for something to run in larger areas including grass, that is not something minis do very well.

Multiple posts on the same forum is just going to give you bits of the same information, use google, spend more time reading than posting, watch You Tubes, if your going to get a brushed truck with Nimh, than look for videos of the truck in stock form. Won't do you any good looking at an upgraded truck running 3s, other than to show you what it can do once upgraded but not what it will do out of the box. There are tons of resources out there to help you make an informed decision. Take advantage of them and you will likely get the right truck for you.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

You donk know how much research ive done lately ive had to of watched over 150 youtube vids and read a ton of articles and forums. I also have this post http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post12087152 I am just wanting a measurement not a lecture.