Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"targetingxmod" Losi Mini 8 4s Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default "targetingxmod" Losi Mini 8 4s Project

I will show my next project... it should take about an year!

Yah, yah !!
This is going just for speed runs and take all possible that i can to make it faster... bigger pinions, smaller spur's,bigger tires....never do bash or run on tracks and jumps!! Understood?
Don't care to bend shafts....wild cow straight!

And i love mini's and micros!

Have another cars for runing on tracks slowly, and other cars to bash like an horse!

So:

-4S lipo 70c or greater....
-Mamba Max Pro ESC with trohtle control to simulate a clutch...
-Motor i really don't know.... A Lhener or a Neu or a Leopard
-For speed runs only, not bashing... just a little then! :P
Rest we should see...

So, from the start....

-Bought a new chassis and puted a 1/9 Kyosho DRX rally tires! Seens a lot of ground clearance so i will lower it to the max i can

Last edited by targetingxmod; 06-07-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i would consider upgrading the driveshafts and driveshaft holders with all that power if i were you but this should be interesting
Old 04-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Those wheels and tires are your first mistake .......
Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I don't mean to break your spirit and im not trying to rag on you but this whole project is your first mistake. This little car was built to be a fun little basher that can handle moderate power unless you perform a lot of mods and buy a ton of aftermarket parts to strengthen the drive-train. Ive been down this road with this same car and i can tell you that you wont enjoy the car after you're done with it and you certainly won't get back the money you'll dump into it.

I know it seems fun and exciting at first thinking about all the things you can do with it but before you go buying up all these parts, think about how you'll use this car practically. Speed runs and bashing is fun until you hit something and break stuff. At high speeds, stuff break faster and harder.

Other then that, good luck! There are a few guys on here who went wild with their projects on the same car and im also tinkering with a 1/16 Revo but ive come to the conclusion that all the money ive dumped into my Revo, i could have had a nice touring car with a practical use and a group of people I can run with. I would strongly recommend that you make practical decisions and put the money where it counts. Get a nice reliable motor/esc and some battery packs so you can have plenty of bashing time. Trust me, it gets old fairly quick and when you want to sell the car to get something better, you'll find out its even harder to get any of your money back then it is to hit 60mph..
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

You are absolutly right!
So i will never show more photos and go back to the cave i was .....

I got a merv to, and that is fast enough on 2s with a monster trinity motor. I do not want to make the merv this road! And i bash the merv! The diferentials on the merv do not allow for this kind to be practical every weekend... but there are a lot of 4s out there! Not me on the merv!

I have a losi mini 8 already posted down this forum with a velenium 380motor with 3s 60c with 19T and 1/10 Buggy tires/rims. Fast enough for speed runs and a little bash... minimal!

Got 2 kyosho mini inferno brushless, one is 2s 60c with ceramic bearings and throotle control with 20t pinion.

1 is going the road as a project like this m8 because it's got a central diferencial and it's a big diference from a spur gear only, because you can put more power onto into and being drivable! And trothle control management on the ESC is essencial to save the tranny! I wish sensorless had a boost/turbo like sensored!

As for the mistake of bigger tires and bigger rims, killing transmission here is the goal, so bigger tire to make more ROAD SPEED!!

Allright! I have been there on the mini'z, z-mods scene for too long and drive more a 70t then a chilli!

This is for speed runs only till batterys run out of juice!!

And for selling it? Never. Let me explain:
Last year i bought an MR01 and puted an RA22 board feted with a 70t pn racing motor with a bb can.

Oldschool sometimes rocks in the XXi millenium!

Whatever....i just say i may be wrong!! Don't cote on me!

Originally Posted by M3Roc
I don't mean to break your spirit and im not trying to rag on you but this whole project is your first mistake. This little car was built to be a fun little basher that can handle moderate power unless you perform a lot of mods and buy a ton of aftermarket parts to strengthen the drive-train. Ive been down this road with this same car and i can tell you that you wont enjoy the car after you're done with it and you certainly won't get back the money you'll dump into it.

I know it seems fun and exciting at first thinking about all the things you can do with it but before you go buying up all these parts, think about how you'll use this car practically. Speed runs and bashing is fun until you hit something and break stuff. At high speeds, stuff break faster and harder.

Other then that, good luck! There are a few guys on here who went wild with their projects on the same car and im also tinkering with a 1/16 Revo but ive come to the conclusion that all the money ive dumped into my Revo, i could have had a nice touring car with a practical use and a group of people I can run with. I would strongly recommend that you make practical decisions and put the money where it counts. Get a nice reliable motor/esc and some battery packs so you can have plenty of bashing time. Trust me, it gets old fairly quick and when you want to sell the car to get something better, you'll find out its even harder to get any of your money back then it is to hit 60mph..

Last edited by targetingxmod; 04-12-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Im not saying you're wrong, im just saying its impractical. That's subjective to everyone's opinions though because this is after all a hobby and hobbies sometimes tend to be impractical. If you enjoy doing it, more power to you. At any rate, ill watch and see what you do, I always like to see what new things people come up with.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M3Roc
Im not saying you're wrong, im just saying its impractical. That's subjective to everyone's opinions though because this is after all a hobby and hobbies sometimes tend to be impractical. If you enjoy doing it, more power to you. At any rate, ill watch and see what you do, I always like to see what new things people come up with.
Of course it will be impratical for bashing... you will never see it because of dust and break it every time it's charged!

Of course it will be impratical for racer's... on the first jump it will disaper on air and land on Mexico!

Of course it will be pratical for speed runs! IMO, other may differ, but i like fat women and big breasts and hairy nature! Whati?

Speed here i came!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JUKRJ5mMdU
I see rc's in this kind... other may differ, just like life!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Europeans..
Old 04-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

-23T Pinion for now.... and Bash DIY plate! Lol.... (could use this idea for the other M8)

Only acepeted pinion on a near future will be 30's with traxxas mod spur gear!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by targetingxmod
Of course it will be impratical for racer's... on the first jump it will disaper on air and land on Mexico!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher
i was thinking the same thing! Lol, very funny.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I say do it man! I did 4s on a rc18r and a HK 28mm and ran 67 with about 1/4 of throttle left but I ran out of space, I say go for it. Although I think a lower profile set up would be better.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by targetingxmod
)

Only acepeted pinion on a near future will be 30's with traxxas mod spur gear!
So what is this spur gear? Do you have a part number that you can share? I am looking for a 54T or smaller spur to replace the stock one.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MajorKong
So what is this spur gear? Do you have a part number that you can share? I am looking for a 54T or smaller spur to replace the stock one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osUrnpFRznM

Spur will be 45T and pinion 30's...
A lot o people have and are making this simple mod! Fit's with no mods!
Just traxxas stuff.

From Losi direct i only know the steel ones from HR in 56T, but 45T from traxxas is just unbitable!

I don't have here the exact part numbers but someone will do it for us... if they are kind to help!
It is in this forum somewhere that, but can't find it right now!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CCH1978
I say do it man! I did 4s on a rc18r and a HK 28mm and ran 67 with about 1/4 of throttle left but I ran out of space, I say go for it. Although I think a lower profile set up would be better.
I am just doing it on my kyhosho brushless mini inferno with nitro diff's! Being a 3 diff's car i can control it, and only use the throotle control/boost on maximum to save the tranny!

I got affraid only on the mini8 is being a spur and not having a central diff... but let's see... ESC throotle control is a good thing for those speed freaks outthere.

I know a lot of people like wheelies every second, but i just think that's just for kids/teens and monster trucks! But that's my opinion!
A lot of guys get mad to, when someone talks about 5s on a mini, lol ... i just get curious of how it will be! but there is a limit where the aerodinamics start to act and it's not funny anymore!
4s is perfect doable on mini and it's just mad/bloody speed, not suicide for street runing and speed runs...BUT for bash is just suicide!

Last edited by targetingxmod; 11-23-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.