Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F/R wheel offset

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Suspended

Default F/R wheel offset

hey guys i'm planning to get some street wheels by MST. they come in 3, 5, 8, 11 offset.

I'm gonna get the 11mm offset for the rear. what offset should I get for the front so that the stance is equal front and rear?

I saw a vid on youtube where a guy was using 3mm in the front and 9mm in the rear, but it looked like the back wheels were just a hair wider than the front. so maybe 8mm at the front would work? thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmanglona
hey guys i'm planning to get some street wheels by MST. they come in 3, 5, 8, 11 offset.

I'm gonna get the 11mm offset for the rear. what offset should I get for the front so that the stance is equal front and rear?

I saw a vid on youtube where a guy was using 3mm in the front and 9mm in the rear, but it looked like the back wheels were just a hair wider than the front. so maybe 8mm at the front would work? thanks
First off which vehicle are you talking about? If it's the Losi mini 8ight the offset is the same front and rear. Yes you do her people running different offset's on the mini 8ight because they say the front or back is wider than the other but it's simply not true. I have measured the width with calipers and they're exactly the same. The rears have 2.5 degrees toe in on the rear which makes it seem like the back is wider but it isn't, trust me.

I run 9mm offset front and rear.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
First off which vehicle are you talking about? If it's the Losi mini 8ight the offset is the same front and rear. Yes you do her people running different offset's on the mini 8ight because they say the front or back is wider than the other but it's simply not true. I have measured the width with calipers and they're exactly the same. The rears have 2.5 degrees toe in on the rear which makes it seem like the back is wider but it isn't, trust me.

I run 9mm offset front and rear.
sorry about that. it is for the mini 8ight. thanks for the info. i'll be running 11mm front and rear then. thanks again