R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Micro and Mini Scales (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales-115/)
-   -   Vaterra Kemora And Kalahari Offical Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/706393-vaterra-kemora-kalahari-offical-thread.html)

gijoe64 02-26-2013 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by robchalmers (Post 11849894)
which 24mm can motor options will you guys be selling (for either brand)

Currently we carry the DYN4831 6000KV Dynamite brushless motors.

gijoe64 02-26-2013 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nologicone (Post 11865997)
The Kalahari tyres are not the same as the one you shown on "tires for the mini8" thread, cause Kalahari ones are same dimensions on all both axles :sweat:But thanks still!

Question: For one-road use, is long wheelbase better or short wheelbase? My application is mostly high speed on 3s, with only one slow chicane.

Got it now! Thanks for the info.

I am currently hitting 50 mph with the stock setup with the Kemora.

You need to do the following:

Change shock oil 60 - 70WT
VTR213009 Hard Springs
Move the top of the shocks to the inside hole on the shock tower
And use a 3S Lipo
Stock Spur 58T and 16T pinion (the smaller spur the more top end you will get)

I will be shooting video of my car this week I will have it posted by next week.

Nologicone 02-26-2013 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by gijoe64 (Post 11866457)
I am currently hitting 50 mph with the stock setup with the Kemora.

You need to do the following:

Change shock oil 60 - 70WT
VTR213009 Hard Springs
Move the top of the shocks to the inside hole on the shock tower
And use a 3S Lipo
Stock Spur 58T and 16T pinion (the smaller spur the more top end you will get)

I will be shooting video of my car this week I will have it posted by next week.

Thanks for the reply...I'm still debating if I should convert my m8ight over to the Kalahari.

gijoe64 02-27-2013 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Nologicone (Post 11866574)
Thanks for the reply...I'm still debating if I should convert my m8ight over to the Kalahari.

The Kemora chassis is longer than the original mini 8IGHT chassis, so I know the body will not fit right. You could purchase the Kemora chassis and center drive shaft and put it on the mini 8IGHT.

Nologicone 02-27-2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by gijoe64 (Post 11869078)
The Kemora chassis is longer than the original mini 8IGHT chassis, so I know the body will not fit right. You could purchase the Kemora chassis and center drive shaft and put it on the mini 8IGHT.

Thanks, and I'm also probably will get the shock towers with the body posts, top deck & the Kalahari body...that offroad SUV body looks so nice!

Steve4ustin 03-02-2013 05:31 AM

I've just started running my Kemora with lipos and it's really fast. Running it up and down my street I ended up breaking the main chassis just behind the front suspension. It also tore our a screw hole in the upper deck. I don't recall hitting a curb hard, but it did roll a couple times, so maybe that's what did it. Either way, it's been fun getting into it and turning a wrench.
So I have a couple questions for GIJoe64. First, is there a common way to reinforce the chassis where this broke to avoid that with the new chasis? Not sure if this is common or a fluke, but if there is a way I can strengthen this area while I've got it apart, I thought it might not hurt. Second question is, can you recommend a tool kit I could purchase which would have everything I need to work on the Kemora? Some of the parts (like the students balls and rods) seem like they would have unique tools to make servicing easier. I realize needle nose and vice grips can accomplish a lot, I'd just be interested in knowing about ant dedicated kits.
Last but not least, when can we see the video of the Kemora hitting 50? I have no doubt it can do it, I'm just really excited to see it.

robchalmers 03-02-2013 06:47 AM

being a plastic chassis there is the option of boiling the chassi to make it more ductile and less brittle.....

or find someone to machine you an LWB mini8 alloy chassis! :)

gijoe64 03-02-2013 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Steve4ustin (Post 11880886)
I've just started running my Kemora with lipos and it's really fast. Running it up and down my street I ended up breaking the main chassis just behind the front suspension. It also tore our a screw hole in the upper deck. I don't recall hitting a curb hard, but it did roll a couple times, so maybe that's what did it. Either way, it's been fun getting into it and turning a wrench.
So I have a couple questions for GIJoe64. First, is there a common way to reinforce the chassis where this broke to avoid that with the new chasis? Not sure if this is common or a fluke, but if there is a way I can strengthen this area while I've got it apart, I thought it might not hurt. Second question is, can you recommend a tool kit I could purchase which would have everything I need to work on the Kemora? Some of the parts (like the students balls and rods) seem like they would have unique tools to make servicing easier. I realize needle nose and vice grips can accomplish a lot, I'd just be interested in knowing about ant dedicated kits.
Last but not least, when can we see the video of the Kemora hitting 50? I have no doubt it can do it, I'm just really excited to see it.

Sorry to hear you broke the chassis, call our hobby services and can you please post a picture of the chassis break. At this time we do not have a brace, it has not been needed.

We shot video on thursday, it should be posted next week, we hit 51 mph but I know I could go faster :tire: so im working on a faster set up.

Steve4ustin 03-02-2013 07:56 AM

Thanks Raymond. I've already ordered the replacement parts, but I'll still give them a call on Monday and forward them a picture of the break.

Steve4ustin 03-02-2013 10:23 AM

Any thoughts on tool kits for the Kemora?

Meradin 03-03-2013 11:51 AM

What weight oil is int he shocks to begin with?

Steve4ustin 03-04-2013 08:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two pictures, one of the main chasis break and the other of the upper deck break (screw hole tore).

gijoe64 03-04-2013 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mera'din (Post 11885163)
What weight oil is int he shocks to begin with?

30WT

gijoe64 03-04-2013 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Steve4ustin (Post 11888872)
Here are two pictures, one of the main chasis break and the other of the upper deck break (screw hole tore).

Thank you for the pictures of the chassis, did you contact the Service Center?

gijoe64 03-04-2013 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Steve4ustin (Post 11881619)
Any thoughts on tool kits for the Kemora?

Not yet