Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
mini 8ight shock discussion >

mini 8ight shock discussion

mini 8ight shock discussion

Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 AM
  #31  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Golden,Co
Posts: 40
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Me and a buddy (Wallhugger) have been messing with different spring and oil setups cause the 2 tracks we run on are hard packed clay with ALOT of traction.....
Bigpopa is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 AM
  #32  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
rustlererad3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: State College
Posts: 1,242
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hmmm sounds good i am watching some different shock oils that are at low bids on ebay to pick some up so I can modify my settings and to get some different springs for the shocks for the mini 8ight too
rustlererad3 is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 04:39 PM
  #33  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 40
Default

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
I posted this in the mini 8ight truggy thread as well...

Here's a shock update....

I recently went from the stock oil weight (30wt) down to 25wt and that made a difference as far as handling. A lot better, today I went down to 15wt oil and holy cow did that make this buggy handle so much better. I'm gonna try 10wt next and see how that goes, and yes I'm running these weight's front and rear. I'm also running the stock losi hard springs front and rear.
i'm not a racer on a track. just simple straight line driving and jumping. I have a roller coming in the mail. what springs come stock on the mini 8ight.

I plan on purchasing the "hard" springs from losi...or is that what they come with originally?

with the hard springs what shock weight should I go with to minimize bottoming out on lets say 5 feet of air? thanks
jmanglona is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 05:46 PM
  #34  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 644
Default

Originally Posted by jmanglona
i'm not a racer on a track. just simple straight line driving and jumping. I have a roller coming in the mail. what springs come stock on the mini 8ight.

I plan on purchasing the "hard" springs from losi...or is that what they come with originally?

with the hard springs what shock weight should I go with to minimize bottoming out on lets say 5 feet of air? thanks
If you are running a very hard smooth surface and big air(5ft is small air for the mini 8ight) then hard springs and 30wt in my op.
holycaveman is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 04:31 AM
  #35  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 40
Default

Originally Posted by holycaveman
If you are running a very hard smooth surface and big air(5ft is small air for the mini 8ight) then hard springs and 30wt in my op.
thanks for the info.

what do you consider big air? and is 30w still your recommendation for that to prevent bottoming out?

I was contemplating 35w just to be safe. the reason why I'm so worried about bottoming out is cause i'm gonna get the exotek bottom plate. thanks

Last edited by jmanglona; 03-19-2013 at 06:57 AM.
jmanglona is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 08:02 AM
  #36  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 644
Default

Originally Posted by jmanglona
thanks for the info.

what do you consider big air? and is 30w still your recommendation for that to prevent bottoming out?

I was contemplating 35w just to be safe. the reason why I'm so worried about bottoming out is cause i'm gonna get the exotek bottom plate. thanks
Big air is 10 to 20 ft in my opinion. But thats all relevant to the individual.

Still 35wt would be fine.

I consider this big air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7ghEh2_Bk

I was messing around a few weeks ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYNOtwBmZbo
holycaveman is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 AM
  #37  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 40
Default

thanks for the quick reply and help. the vids were entertaining.
jmanglona is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 08:42 AM
  #38  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
rustlererad3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: State College
Posts: 1,242
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

nice
rustlererad3 is offline  
Old 03-11-2016, 05:22 PM
  #39  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I'm new to the mini 8ight and love it. From what i am hearing 15wt and hard springs front and rear are the way to go?
Gel2al2d is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.