Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
sounds good. looking forward to hearing what you find.

looking forward to hearing how they fit. can you do a picture of a side by side to a regular cvd? be curious on thickness comparison, bone to bone.
reaper did here LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread
Old 06-14-2019, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Finally had time to get the slipper adjusted right this afternoon. Truggy ran great on my first pack but hit LVC early again just after 5 minutes of laps. I need to drop that threshold.

Second run I did something I didn't think was possible; I threw a Dogbone... Of course I couldn't find the damn thing anywhere in the fresh cut grass. I looked for almost an hour, no clue where it ended up or how in the hell it was able to pop out. So now I'm down for the next five days at least paying $5 to ship a $5 part...
Old 06-14-2019, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Never lost one, but when I have an item I know I might need more of I buy two just to make the shipping worth it. Sometimes I'll even tack on items that I know will wear soon or at least eventually. Slipper pads, bearings, suspension arms, shock seals, etc. Might also want to consider the CVD's. It would eliminate the possibility of that happening again.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Charlieuk

Hobbyking part
SKU: A2003T-30731 Like I say I have not compared them on the car yet but will report once I have.
had a quick play with these tyres but unfortunately they don’t fit nice on the stock or sst wheels, I think they are to narrow and need 25mm width. You can get the wheels for 69p a pair however annoyingly there 8.5mm hex so will have to get some different hex for the car or print some or get some 25mm sst rims
Old 06-15-2019, 03:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

On another not I took of some Schumacher rally blocks that were only half used to find the foam inserts were completely gone, I would have hoped they would hold up to at least the end of the tyre!
Old 06-16-2019, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looking to pickup my first LC Racing 1/14 scale RC

Stuck between the buggy vs the truggy

It’ll mainly be a fun basher for me, I rarely get out to a track to play and haven’t got into racing yet

What are your guys’ thoughts?
Old 06-16-2019, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoyle33

It’ll mainly be a fun basher for me, I rarely get out to a track to play and haven’t got into racing yet

I have both the buggy and the truggy and I find myself going for the truggy more.
Either way you go I would totally go for the pro kit vs the rtr from Warren Rc.

I also ordered a couple pairs of those cvds off Aliexpress, tracking shows they left China.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Haven't owned the EMB-1 but I did have the truggy that I bought as an ARTR because I had a remote already. I wasn't ready to build a kit at the time and I don't regret the decision. The assembled cars are well put together and the electronics are solid for general use. I did assemble the LC12B1 kit a few months back and I have to say, it was a breeze. Last kit I built was a Tamiya Stadium Blitzer over 20 years ago. The kits are super well done. Easy instructions, no missing parts, and clearly labeled parts bags. I had a flaw in the machining of one of my shock bodies, but that was quickly resolved by Warren RC.

You cant go wrong with either IMO. The short wheelbase buggy from what I hear is a little more twitchy and a little harder to control, but will also teach you a lot about driving an RC if you care to learn. The long wheelbase is easy to drive and very stable with the correct setup for whatever terrain you run. Also very versatile as you can take a truggy and with a quick wheel and body swap, turn it into a long wheelbase buggy. I ended up liking the truggy converted to buggy so much I bought the LC12. I just realized I'm more of a buggy person. I find it much easier to drive on pavement and asphalt than the truggy.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:18 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Truggy or SCT variant I think would be fun, give a bit more ground clearance and the longer chassis can make it a bit more stable. That said, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Both are quite fun.

Got my LC12B1 in, starting the building process
Old 06-17-2019, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

get em both LOL! IMO you cant go wrong with either.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

The truggy has the big motor in it and can be used as a truggy, buggy, SCT, monster truck and rally car.
The buggy can be used as a buggy, monster truck, swb truggy and rally car.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Painted a baja bug body this weekend and got some new wheels

Old 06-18-2019, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

looking for a small esc with a 7.4v bec that doesnt cost an arm and a leg for the LC12b1. anyone find one?
racknpinion likes this.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by strodedawg
looking for a small esc with a 7.4v bec that doesnt cost an arm and a leg for the LC12b1. anyone find one?
cheapest assuming what I heard is correct (not what its listing says, talk to people) would be the xr10 pro stock from hobbywing.

Used, the Tekin RS Gen2 can fit your needs. with the new RS Gen3s out probably a variety of them you cna see popup. I got one for $55 recently.
racknpinion likes this.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

DingusKhan: That looks great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.